Sign in to follow this  
madcatlancelot

TC LV sub (eyecandy)

madcatlancelot

We all know who now has the best sub (dingle), so i don't mind having the second best sub. :)

I got this fine TC LV submariner in the mail today, one of the best $450 that I spent so far (DSN's 024a is the other). TC is a fine gentleman and easy to deal with, I sent him email on the 4th, got the reply and payment instructions the next day, and got payment confirmation and estimated arrival on the 3rd day.

Here are some of the photos, I'll try to add more soon.

TCLVsub_01.jpg

TCLVsub_02.jpg

TCLVsub_03.jpg

TCLVsub_04.jpg

TCLVsub_05.jpg

TCLVsub_06.jpg

And of course, an eyecandy thread is not complete without a wrist shot.

TCLVsub_07.jpg

greg_r

The LV is the best looking sub by far imho. Very, very nice indeed...

Amit

Agreed the LV is good lookin

DarkGlass

Wowza that is lovely

Limier

Would be even better with ceramic bezel. My humble newbie opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dingle

Would be even better with ceramic bezel. My humble newbie opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ceramics are for noobs :P

great looking watch madcat, just stunning.....

did you source a gen insert?

madcatlancelot

thanks guys!

That gen looking insert came with the LV sub. :)

jdthompson131216

That looks awesome. Congrats! I've got an LV on the way. Not from TC but from Rochest. Now I'm even more excited

Member X

Dammit, these TC subs are working their way onto my list... :facepalm::lol:

solkryssare

Thats pretty damn descent looking mate!

jeffw69

Waaaaaaay nicer than Ding's! :hide:

gB.

TC also sells a different factory direct complete LV, not like the version IV sub he assembles without the bezel insert that you bought Ding.

Looks stunning as well. Congrats!

Del

Wow, that looks superb! :thumbsup2:

dalboy

Oooozes class !!!!!!!!!!! one damn fine piece..

Wish you well to wear it ,mate..

Dal..............................................

madcatlancelot

Thanks mates for the kind words! :)

TC also sells a different factory direct complete LV, not like the version IV sub he assembles without the bezel insert that you bought Ding.

Looks stunning as well. Congrats!

Indeed he does sell this as a complete set plus extras (extra LV superlumed dial, TCv2 bracelet, and a datewheel overlay). I've also ordered other TC parts for another watch as well (a crown/tube set and an 93160A SD bracelet), planning to mash the SSD lite case with the innards of the new superlume SD.

I think this is one of the last two sets that TC had last week, the LV sub kit is now marked sold in his blog.

Member X

Gnargh, there are so many different versions of things, my head hurts :( :lol:

Pob

+1 but i like them all :D

madcatlancelot

Seems like sold out unfortunately, hopefully he will have another batch soon. On the other hand, the TC sub 16610 v4 seems to be still available. :)

http://tc-submariner.blogspot.sg/2012/05/tc-watches-list.html

kwatch

damn, that looks great!!

gB.

Seems like sold out unfortunately, hopefully he will have another batch soon. On the other hand, the TC sub 16610 v4 seems to be still available. :)

http://tc-submariner...tches-list.html

Yes. For my TC LV in progress, I decided instead to go for this 16610 v4 that is arguably the best of all sub parts, but with no rehaut engraving option, swap out dial for the superlumed Maxi dial and hands for the LV model (the better one he includes as extra in the LV direct package), and with no bezel insert. Plan to put in a gen LV insert. Should look decent. :)

SecretAgentMan

Yes. For my TC LV in progress, I decided instead to go for this 16610 v4 that is arguably the best of all sub parts, but with no rehaut engraving option, swap out dial for the superlumed Maxi dial and hands for the LV model (the better one he includes as extra in the LV direct package), and with no bezel insert. Plan to put in a gen LV insert. Should look decent. :)

How much did it cost all together with swapping for the superlumed Maxi dial & hands for the LV model for the 16610 TC IV version?

gB.

How much did it cost all together with swapping for the superlumed Maxi dial & hands for the LV model for the 16610 TC IV version?

It was the same price he has listed for his TC Sub V-series v4 model without insert (Ding's model; below). When I bought from him he didn't have any mid-cases in stock that he hadn't already taken the rehaut engravings off of, so got that for free (he usually charges $100 for removing the engravings). He was also ahppy to swap out the super lumed Maxi dial/hands for no additional charge. This was last month, so don't know if that's changed.

http://tc-submariner...version-iv.html

Remember though, TC is not a dealer and is just another member here and on several other boards with a passion for the the perfect rep sub. :)

TC also has a review up for a factory direct Yacht-Master on his blog, but I believe he is only going to order this if 50 people sign up for it. Both RG and RWG.cc have a thread sign up area, and it is stating to cost around $500. It looks like one of the best models, if you're into shiny YMs. The easily scratched polished mid-links material doesn't do it for me IMO.

http://tc-submariner...cht-master.html

SecretAgentMan

It was the same price he has listed for his TC Sub V-series v4 model without insert (Ding's model; below). When I bought from him he didn't have any mid-cases in stock that he hadn't already taken the rehaut engravings off of, so got that for free (he usually charges $100 for removing the engravings). He was also ahppy to swap out the super lumed Maxi dial/hands for no additional charge. This was last month, so don't know if that's changed.

Remember though, TC is not a dealer and is just another member here and on several other boards with a passion for the the perfect rep sub. :)

TC also has a review up for a factory direct Yacht-Master on his blog, but I believe he is only going to order this if 50 people sign up for it. Both RG and RWG.cc have a thread sign up area, and it is stating to cost around $500. It looks like one of the best models, if you're into shiny YMs. The easily scratched polished mid-links material doesn't do it for me IMO.

That plastic red looking second hand is the biggest turn off on a Rolex for me, bigger than diamonds & I hate diamonds on a Rolex. I owned a GMT 2 C with PCL so the PCL's never bothered me.

SecretAgentMan

Also, can you post a picture of your super lumed dial & hands, just wanted to compare to my TC IV 4 series sub............

gB.

Also, can you post a picture of your super lumed dial & hands, just wanted to compare to my TC IV 4 series sub............

No. :)