Sign in to follow this  
hamza80

Hello.......advice appreciated...

hamza80

Hi fellas, also a newbie to this site. Huge fan of watches too poor to buy a gen....

I have probably like many of you started with really rubbish rep's and tried to work my way up.... I always been wary of spending alot for what is in essence a replica (please don't shoot me for saying this) but i realised i cannot afford the thousands of dollars for the gen... so .... next best thing will do....

Now the introductions out the way, i need some help... i am after an Omega seamaster 300m chronograph black.... i have gone through the RWG trusted dealers and one thing confuses me... most of the decent reps have asian 7750 movements for approx $238-248.... asiankrono makes this rep in a valjoux 7750 for $330 do i assume this is the swiss version or am i being a complete noob? ...... i have never bought an expensive rep so this is my first major rep buy, don't want to be ripped off....

Any advice welcome....

Edited by hamza80

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

The 7750's are not Swiss. The cost would be a lot higher.

DFH

+1 and Welcome to the forum!!

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum.

robznet

Our trusted dealers will not rip you off, they are trusted for a reason! You need to do much reading my friend - it's a learning process and we have all been there.

Oh and...........................................Nuthouse.jpg

hamza80

Thanks for welcomes .... I realise The trusted dealers would not rip anyone off but can anyone comment on the difference models I mentioned by Asiankrono compared to other TD's if essentially it is the same Asian 7750 movement ...For example is the price difference justified ?

Edited by hamza80

Balad1

In my opinion they are the same movement, order from the TD you feel most comfortable with.

Personally the only Chinese dealer I buy from is Mary at Watch International.

PS: Quote: For example is the price difference justified ? No

Mazz

Welcome aboard

Be sure to visit the museum.

dalboy

Welcome to the forum. use the T/Ds and you wont get ripped off, The more you read the more you learn, simple there is plenty of advice from the members too.

Dal..................

HeavyKrush

Welcome. Are you sure you're comparing the same watch? Seems like the Seamasters under $250 are 42mm vs the Seamaster on Asiankrono is 45.5mm. Regardless, have you tried emailing Lawrence and asking?

powderfreak
:wave:

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!!