Sign in to follow this  
alfo982

dubious behaviour of Robert

alfo982

Hi guys, I would tell you this story just to get some opinions by your side!

The story tells about a dubious behaviour of Robert (prestigewatch co): I tell you what is happened.

On the 6th of November I decided to buy my first watch from Robert (prestigewatch co) and I made the bank transfer on the same day.

Presumably he has received the money on the 9th or 10th (considering the usual bank-transfer durations…): well I confirmed the payment on the 6th on Nov with a private message in the forum. Well… no answer.

I sent a second mail 1 week later (the 16th of Nov) asking the state of art of my purchase and with a very quick answer he told me that I hade to send another mail to [email protected] explaining name/address/watch type/ and payment address (sincerely I didn’t know that… and this iter is not explained in any payment instruction in his subforum). I say: he could tell me that immediately after my first mail… and not wait 1 week to tell me that: I ‘ve not appreciated this behaviour.

However… I wrote this “identification mail†on the 16th of Nov, and I asked for a confirmation twice (with the mail [email protected], and with a private message of the forum). Today… the 19th of Nov, I have not jet received an answer or an explanation and 13 days after my payment… I still don’t know even if he has received my money.

I have read so many good feedbacks about Robert, and I really don’t understand this strange behaviour by his side!

What do you think about it?

byebye

andy66

dont take this the wrong way mate but in all roberts sales forums he has explicit steps that you need to follow and that includes sending ALL your details to the confirmation email address,sending a pm wont do any good.

if -you have sent all your order details to him he will deal with it,you really need to read his sales sticky's

on a lighter note everything you have read about robert is right,he is by far the best dealer on these boards,imo.

just remember,EVERY bit of corrispondance needs to have ALL your order details.

no good sending a pm saying "hi its john,i sent you a confirmation email"...lol/

i wouldnt be surprised if your order is already on its way.

Edited by andy66

Fiddo

Sounds like a communication mix-up. If you sent your details and payment went through, you should get your watch. From my experience, he does not automatically send tracking shipping information. If you want that, you need to request it.

dingle
:popcorn:

trailboss99

Yup, chances are that your watch is on it's way right now. Repeted emails won't help much.

If it hasn't turned up in a cpl of weeks give me a PM and I'll chase it up for you.

Patiance is a very important virtue in this game.

Col.

dingle
Yup, chances are that your watch is on it's way right now. Repeted emails won't help much.

If it hasn't turned up in a cpl of weeks give me a PM and I'll chase it up for you.

Col.

well said Col.

AllergyDoc

His clock doesn't start ticking until you've sent the e-mail to the order address. And he rarely sends tracking info.

alfo982

Col.

well said Col.

OK... I understand! my biggest problem is that I had from the beginnig only a pm corrispondance with him... and I couldn't know that he needs this particular iter for the payment. I just made the bank transfer and I informed him (via pm).

Now I've just seen that there is a precise form to fill. So what do you suggest me to do now?

Fill I the form (let consider that I've already sent the confirmation mail at [email protected] )? Just wait?

Ok, I'll be patient... but I don't even know if he has recongized my payment...

guys...suggestion please....

AllergyDoc

I think that sending the payment confirmation email is enough, provided your email stated what you purchased. I don't think you have to go back and fill out of the form. Someone could correct me on this.

In any event, Robert drops by most every day. He'll see this thread and perhaps clear the matter up.

BTW: What did you order?

alfo982
I think that sending the payment confirmation email is enough, provided your email stated what you purchased. I don't think you have to go back and fill out of the form. Someone could correct me on this.

In any event, Robert drops by most every day. He'll see this thread and perhaps clear the matter up.

BTW: What did you order?

OK... I'll follow your suggestion: I will wait and see what happens!

However, I ordered a Rolex Sub: as first watch... I've taken a very "standard" model... :popcorn:

THANK YOU ALL...

Member X

I think fill in the form and send it - it can't hurt to have a second copy in case the first one didn't make it. I'd make sure that you state that the form may be a duplicate of something you've already sent, though :popcorn:

alfo982

to fill or not to fill, that is the question :popcorn:

Luthier
to fill or not to fill, that is the question :popcorn:

Relax, Alfo, everything will be fine.

Robert don't ship watches personally, his people do it. And they manage tons of orders, so, be patient.

Robert is top notch dealer.

Klink

is here a forum for repwatchies? good daze

: )

Luckyyy to alles!

K

prestigewatchco

Yes until yesterday I had no idea you had paid no reference to anything in the bank payment and no email to tell me you had paid.

Your watch needs to be assembled you have ordered an Sub with an ETA movement we don't use the so called factory ETA we retro fit to be sure there is an ETA in there.

In addition you have gone with standard airmail via the UK so please don't be expecting he watch in a week.

As I told initially the only indication I will be able to give you is when the watch is sent from the UK to Italy other than that there is no tracking

alfo982
Yes until yesterday I had no idea you had paid no reference to anything in the bank payment and no email to tell me you had paid.

Your watch needs to be assembled you have ordered an Sub with an ETA movement we don't use the so called factory ETA we retro fit to be sure there is an ETA in there.

In addition you have gone with standard airmail via the UK so please don't be expecting he watch in a week.

As I told initially the only indication I will be able to give you is when the watch is sent from the UK to Italy other than that there is no tracking

thank you so much for your participation in this topic! What I want to clarify is that I'm not interested in the time delivery at all: I can also wait weeks... this is absolutely no problem.

The issue was that I didn't know if you had received and identified my payment! I had no confirmation... and this was my only doubt.

Of course all this mix-up was caused by me: I didn't know that I must follow a precise iter in the payment.

Now I've seen it... and I've just filled the form at http://time4direct.com/order.php (maybe it is a redundant information...)

I hope it's enough for you to identify the transfer amount...

OK... so now the only thing that I can do is patiently wait...

jameo210369

Alfo you'll be fine, Robert is a great dealer and attends this forum daily.

When you get your watch don't forget we love pics.

Good luck mate, now you start what all of us hate the most (waiting for delivery) if you see guys in your street in black suites then they are on to you, grab what you can and run, leave your wife to face the customs officers.

KBH

Alfo, That's the weirdest avatar ever. Don't worry about Robert.

Also, I see we have a new (bogus) Klink here. :P

alfo982
Alfo you'll be fine, Robert is a great dealer and attends this forum daily.

When you get your watch don't forget we love pics.

Good luck mate, now you start what all of us hate the most (waiting for delivery) if you see guys in your street in black suites then they are on to you, grab what you can and run, leave your wife to face the customs officers.

don't worry... I'll post some pics for sure!

and... I know... my new avatar shows an unquestioned touch of class

jameo210369

He's not as good as my licking dog :P but not bad for a noob

alfo982
He's not as good as my licking dog ;) but not bad for a noob

:P

greg_r

I keep coming back to this thread for that avatar. Hysterical.... :P

dingle
He's not as good as my licking dog ;) but not bad for a noob

:P

:lol:

greg_r
Also, I see we have a new (bogus) Klink here. ;)

Nope, Klink is the real deal. He's been a member since the beginning, but today is the first time he's spent much time on here :P

Klink
He's not as good as my licking dog :irish_dance: but not bad for a noob

Kill al dealers, steal their watches!

(then what?)

K

@KBH.. LOL.. ok, so ask for pictures.. or maybe the email to dlgates (if you remember him..)

yes, is real Klink.. I can easily tell the difference, if no one else can.. : )

Best Regards, and the very best to you and to all!

K

Edited by Klink