Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

J12 Ladies 33MM White Ceramic/White Number-Japan Quartz

Member X

I'm not sure that's actually covered in the Movement Guide? (linked to in my signature... :Whistle:;)) but Automatics are not as precise as Quartz, no.

The best from the Gen manufacturers are tested in 5 different positions and COSC certified (no more than +4/-6 seconds out per day) but some people on here have regulated their reps to something crazy like +1 second a week, so if you get a good movement it is likely that you will only be out a minute or two by the end of the week.

(On a side note, Gen Rolex seem to often be referred to as keeping terrible time! :lol:)

I can live with the inaccuracy because I rarely wear the same watch more than 2 days in a row, and I like having something 'organic' on my wrist instead of a computer :)

banza

I'm not sure that's actually covered in the Movement Guide? (linked to in my signature... :Whistle:;)) but Automatics are not as precise as Quartz, no.

Will check.

The best from the Gen manufacturers are tested in 5 different positions and COSC certified (no more than +4/-6 seconds out per day) but some people on here have regulated their reps to something crazy like +1 second a week, so if you get a good movement it is likely that you will only be out a minute or two by the end of the week.

WOW, truly impressive.

I'd like to know forehand, do all reps with all available automatic movements have +/- accuracy?

If this is the case, and after I get my first rep, I'm gonna open it up and try that time adjustment trick posted.

(On a side note, Gen Rolex seem to often be referred to as keeping terrible time! :lol:)

Are you kidding!? I can't believe it! :o This what you get for that kind of money spent!!!!!! lol

I can live with the inaccuracy because I rarely wear the same watch more than 2 days in a row, and I like having something 'organic' on my wrist instead of a computer :)

I hear you! ;) Edited by banza

Member X

Most reps arrive keeping pretty good time - if you buy from the Trusted Dealers, they check them for accuracy either on a machine or over a couple of days, as I understand it, so most won't really need adjusting unless you want it to be really accurate.

I think Rolexes get neglected and not serviced regularly enough because they charge such silly money to do so, hence they start keeping bad time!

HeavyKrush
Nice one!!!! I checked the link you provided and it looks like the whole site is dead. I hope it'll be back soon.

I also checked other TDs. Now, should I go for ETA or Japan Quartz since the price difference is quiet significant.

Thank you

Banza, welcome. MD's sites currently down but he is accepting emails. Find his link in the TD section.

HeavyKrush
So, mate... How was Vegas? Did you ask?

:D

They had a great time G. I didn't ask too many questions. ;-/

banza

Thank you heavykrush!!!

myaz

Oh, yeah. I'm sure I'll get J12 with sapphire, cause I've seen some TDs have versions with glass. I'm not sure about Rolex though. Looks like all cheapies come with mineral glass, but is it worth it to pay $200 more for more expensive ones just because of sapphire, automatic movement which is step up from 21J (would be interesting to know pros and cons) and a bit more polished look. Any thoughts on that?

You have gotten excellent responses. I'll just add this: there's so much demand for rollies and PAMs that, in the past few years, they've got these 2 brands down across the price ranges. More money basically gets you a better movement with the same outsides. BK's Watch Garage is an exception in that he is a step up, but you'd still have a hard time telling the difference at a glance. A 21j is an inexpensive way to get your feet wet and get an appreciation for the quality of these......but many of us soon pine for a better movement soon after. Totally up to you.

My wife's J12 has sapphire....but is a quartz that cost $88. Has jewels on the hour markers identical to Miracle's post and they sparkle just fine. It's a 33mm but the one in the pic does look like a 38mm. You could cut out a 38mm cardboard circle and put in on your wrist and kinda gauge, but doesn't take thickness into account.

This is great price. I'll be glad if you can tell me the TD you got it from. I'm thinking to get black and white, one with automatic an the other with quartz. In case I decide to wear it as a accessory.

Accessory.... :P +1 on the sense of humor. Mine came from Mary at WatchInternational, might be a few dollars more by now. Remember to add postage plus Paypal fees as they apply. It's a popular rep so I don't expect wide variation between the TDs. Pick the one whose terms and communication suits you the best.

acharria

Gorgeous..

Best watch ever for a lady

banza

Well guys, I got my first rep Chanel J12 33mm that is. MReplica he's gotten excellent reviews so I went with him and I'm glad I did. It was just perfect. Price, quality, communication, shipping. Very professional. My preferred TD from now on.

Now, little feedback about the watch. I was not sure what size will fit my wrist the best and it's hard to tell by just looking at the pictures. I've been wearing the watch for a few days now and decided 38mm will fit better. I think 33mm one looks small on my wrist, but my husband says it looks just right. I'm tall, athletic and my wrist diameter is 7inch. I'm glad I started with 33mm watch, which gave me a pretty good idea of what size watches I'll be getting in future. As for 33mm one, I'll either put for sale here or keep it for a gift.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank you guys for your knowledge, advice, discussions, ideas, pictures, input and etc. I've learned a lot since I joined and that wasn't long time ago ;)

Simply great community!!!!

NMA

Well guys, I got my first rep Chanel J12 33mm that is. MReplica he's gotten excellent reviews so I went with him and I'm glad I did. It was just perfect. Price, quality, communication, shipping. Very professional. My preferred TD from now on.

Now, little feedback about the watch. I was not sure what size will fit my wrist the best and it's hard to tell by just looking at the pictures. I've been wearing the watch for a few days now and decided 38mm will fit better. I think 33mm one looks small on my wrist, but my husband says it looks just right. I'm tall, athletic and my wrist diameter is 7inch. I'm glad I started with 33mm watch, which gave me a pretty good idea of what size watches I'll be getting in future. As for 33mm one, I'll either put for sale here or keep it for a gift.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank you guys for your knowledge, advice, discussions, ideas, pictures, input and etc. I've learned a lot since I joined and that wasn't long time ago ;)

hi mate, I tried all the links for Marvellous Replica but they're all dead, can you help please????

Highest regards

Cheers

myaz

hi mate, I tried all the links for Marvellous Replica but they're all dead, can you help please????

Highest regards

Cheers

Have had the same problem. Could be your browser. Contact a MOD if you're still having problems.

Luthier

MR took his website down while ago, due to crackdown in China.

banza

Highest regards

Cheers

Hi, hi!

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried to send your inquiries directly to [email protected]?

Check the latest post from MReplica below and link to it.

How to place the order? Please only email me: [email protected] (NO PMs PLEASE!) Started by MReplica, 23 Aug 2012

Here is direct link to that post http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=33154

Note: I've had no issues with communicating or placing orders with MReplica.

Edited by banza

NMA

cheers for that but I'd prefer to buy from a website with the pictures of the item like Tony's , I will definitely have a look on famous Marvellous's new site when ready, now it's Silix time!!!

banza

cheers for that but I'd prefer to buy from a website with the pictures of the item like Tony's , I will definitely have a look on famous Marvellous's new site when ready, now it's Silix time!!!

I hear you. I hope MR's website will be up and running soon.

How is you experience with Silix?

NMA

hiya,

I lost some money (they really sent the watch, received a letter from customs, you can see the letter here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.phpshowtopic=32827&view=findpost&p=577730 ) on my first attempt, on my second attempt was with Tony (crazy sale offer, 2 watches), that failed at customs too but Tony just told me he refunded the money. I'll try Silix when I receive it in my account (in 10 days)

Cheers

nma

Edited by NMA

banza

hiya,

I lost some money (they really sent the watch, received a letter from customs, you can see the letter here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.phpshowtopic=32827&view=findpost&p=577730 ) on my first attempt, on my second attempt was with Tony (crazy sale offer, 2 watches), that failed at customs too but Tony just told me he refunded the money. I'll try Silix when I receive it in my account (in 10 days)

Cheers

nma

Hey m8! I'm sorry to hear that. The letter you posted really sucks. Very strict customs in UK it seems and do they open every single package??? This is ridiculous.

I wonder if there is any good solutions on how to ship it so that customs won't stop it again? How about to ship it disassembled or it won't make a difference (sounds weird, I know, just a thought though)?

I'm reading EMS to UK is no no.

Plz keep us posted on your experience with Silix.

Edited by banza

Member X

If you select Airmail to UK, it comes in via Royal Mail not Parcelforce, and is not subject to the increased checks that EMS has been receiving recently. (EMS comes in via Parcelforce.)

There is still a risk of seizure but it is smaller than shipping by EMS at this time.

Airmail takes longer and the tracking is very poor, but virtually all arrive safely.

Edited by Member X