Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

J12 Ladies 33MM White Ceramic/White Number-Japan Quartz

HeavyKrush

Bought this watch from Marvellous Replicas for my wife's birthday. Sending her and three of her girlfriends to Vegas in July and thought she should have something nice on her wrist. The transaction with MR was great. It took exactly 7 days to get this watch after I ordered it. For the money the watch is a great buy. The only issue with the one I purchased is the center marker ring is not quite exactly centered. My wife didn't notice so it's no big deal. Since this was a gift I also purchased a Chanel box for presentation. Before you ask, no I did not try to pass this off as a GEN. I debated over going with a mechanical movement or faux diamonds and shot both down and went with the quartz for ease of ownership and no glass as I was concerned on how they would look.

Here's a link for the watch:

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=289

Now for the pics...

Here's a shot of the box:

DSC_1429.jpg

DSC_1439.jpg

Shots of the watch:

DSC_1450.jpg

DSC_1456.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1459.jpg

DSC_1471.jpg

Wrist shot:

IMAG0199.jpg

Member X

Great choice and great pics, thank you! This thread is very useful as I may well be ordering one soon :)

HeavyKrush

You really can't go wrong with this watch. I worried that the Chanel box might be a waste of money but my wife uses it to display the watch on her dresser.

banza

Nice one!!!! I checked the link you provided and it looks like the whole site is dead. I hope it'll be back soon.

I also checked other TDs. Now, should I go for ETA or Japan Quartz since the price difference is quiet significant.

Thank you

Edited by banza

markturnr

Quartz. Women can't handle an automatic movement.

Luthier

So, mate... How was Vegas? Did you ask?

:D

banza

Thanks! I like your comment, but in contrast I love automatic ;). I'm actually facinated by the way this type of movement works and the whole history of it's making. For me it's more of a honor to own one.

Member X

I'm not sure if you are male or female, banza? But if female and you prefer auto movements, you will fit in nicely here ;):lol:

If male and buying for a female friend, go with quartz because ladies generally CBA to reset the time every time they pick up a dead automatic watch ;) :P

banza

I'm not sure if you are male or female, banza? But if female and you prefer auto movements, you will fit in nicely here ;):lol:

If male and buying for a female friend, go with quartz because ladies generally CBA to reset the time every time they pick up a dead automatic watch ;) :P

Female :P. I found this forum couple days ago and I'm glad I did. I wish it had more info on ladies watches with pictures, but I'm totally fine with what I've found so far. Speaking of looks, I couldn't believe how close reps got to gens.

Edited by banza

Member X

Well then, as none of the vultures have realised you are here yet ;) let me welcome you politely to the board :)

Start an introduction thread in the Newbie section and people can say hello!

All of the Trusted Dealers can get all of the reps available, between them, so choose the dealer you like the reviews of and then drop them a line with a picture or a link to the watch you are looking for. They can then tell you if it is available :)

If you are interested in the Chanel J12s and don't mind wearing a slightly bigger watch ("the boyfriend's watch" look, I think I've seen it called? :dunno:) they do the 38mm with automatic movement.

The quartz 33mm is still quite a substantial size and weight, though, and being in white it wears a bit larger. It may be all ceramic but it is sturdy! I went for the one that WatchInternational source - it is more expensive than other Dealers but I think it is from a different factory because, to my eyes anyway, they seem to have better alignment on the dial numbers and also better fitment of the bracelet end-links where it meets the case. I may of course be wrong :Whistle: but the decision is yours!

I would suggest it is wise to keep reading the forum for a month or two before ordering anything, to really see what is available (the wristie picture threads are good for that) and also get fully to grips with versions of watches, movements, options etc. You will then have more confidence that what you are buying is a) good and b) what you want! I think everyone's taste changes from the first watch that they join up for! :)

banza

Well then, as none of the vultures have realised you are here yet ;) let me welcome you politely to the board :)

All of the Trusted Dealers can get all of the reps available, between them, so choose the dealer you like the reviews of and then drop them a line with a picture or a link to the watch you are looking for. They can then tell you if it is available :)

If you are interested in the Chanel J12s and don't mind wearing a slightly bigger watch ("the boyfriend's watch" look, I think I've seen it called? :dunno:) they do the 38mm with automatic movement.

The quartz 33mm is still quite a substantial size and weight, though, and being in white it wears a bit larger. It may be all ceramic but it is sturdy! I went for the one that WatchInternational source - it is more expensive than other Dealers but I think it is from a different factory because, to my eyes anyway, they seem to have better alignment on the dial numbers and also better fitment of the bracelet end-links where it meets the case. I may of course be wrong :Whistle: but the decision is yours!

I would suggest it is wise to keep reading the forum for a month or two before ordering anything, to really see what is available (the wristie picture threads are good for that) and also get fully to grips with versions of watches, movements, options etc. You will then have more confidence that what you are buying is a) good and b) what you want! I think everyone's taste changes from the first watch that they join up for! :)

Thank you so much for your welcoming message and very useful info :thumbsup:

I take your advice and continue to read the forum for a month or so before buying my first rep. It looks like selection is huge and I've already learned some important details about reps, and which models come the closest to gens.

Silix-prime has good selection of Chanel J12 38mm and 33mm, and I like his listing format - economy and high quality listed separately. That gives me a better idea of the rep quality. I think I like 33mm speaking of size, but as I've learned it doesn't come with automatic mov. It looks like most of ladies watches come with quartz mainly except Rolex and may be couple other brands. I'm thinking of getting rolex too. So one will be automitic and the other quartz ;)

I love gold tone rolex or two tone ones, but somebody here mentioned that it is better to stay away from it and diamonds on the outside. Diamonds under the glass more or less OK. Do you have an idea how long the gold coating say 5 mil will last for if everyday use?

Thanks again, and waiting for your reply ;)

myaz

Let's diplomatically say they don't typically enjoy mechanical things like engines and gears and stuff.

For some strange reason, they'd rather pick up a watch and slap it on the wrist rather than fuss with the winding and setting part.

I got my wife an automatic De Ville (not her only watch) and she'll sometimes wear it a full day without even setting the time on it. :wacko::blink:

banza

Let's diplomatically say they don't typically enjoy mechanical things like engines and gears and stuff.

For some strange reason, they'd rather pick up a watch and slap it on the wrist rather than fuss with the winding and setting part.

I got my wife an automatic De Ville (not her only watch) and she'll sometimes wear it a full day without even setting the time on it. :wacko::blink:

It simply means they are not in to this type of things. Most of us don't care how the things work, as long as they work. And if a watch has precious stones in it than it's treated as a piece of jewelry. That could be the reason to your last comment, which by the way, made me laugh ;-)

Speaking of mineral glass, which I see is used in the cheaper reps, I wonder how strong and scratch resistant it is. I understand it will brake if dropped.

Your comment

Member X

I take your advice and continue to read the forum for a month or so before buying my first rep. It looks like selection is huge and I've already learned some important details about reps, and which models come the closest to gens.

Silix-prime has good selection of Chanel J12 38mm and 33mm, and I like his listing format - economy and high quality listed separately. That gives me a better idea of the rep quality. I think I like 33mm speaking of size, but as I've learned it doesn't come with automatic mov. It looks like most of ladies watches come with quartz mainly except Rolex and may be couple other brands. I'm thinking of getting rolex too. So one will be automitic and the other quartz ;)

I love gold tone rolex or two tone ones, but somebody here mentioned that it is better to stay away from it and diamonds on the outside. Diamonds under the glass more or less OK. Do you have an idea how long the gold coating say 5 mil will last for if everyday use?

If you have not had one before, you will be amazed at the quality of some of the reps that are available. You really will struggle to see how a gen could be better!

The ladies Rolex are also many and varied. I uinderstand that there are books and books of dials alone, so the best thing to do is find a picture of what you like and send it to the dealer of your choice, and they can tell you if it is available and what movement options you have. A Rolex with Clone/ETA movement will set you back around $200-$300 but should look excellent :)

Personally speaking I would stay away from all stones on watches ;) but I understand that ladies like these things! :P Some of them look ok in the pictures I've seen posted on here but I don't think they ever really have the 'fire' of genuine diamonds when on the wrist, so I would avoid for that reason.

The gold plating on the reps available from the Trusted Dealers should be of a high quality. I think you have to ask for 'wrapped' rather than 'plated' in order for it to be thicker and therefore last longer? I'm no expert on Gold though, it really isn't me so I've not got any gold or TT watches! lol

Mineral Glass is usually only used on the cheapie reps and does serve its purpose (looks good, especially with Anti Reflective (AR) coating) but it is not as strong as sapphire and also has a blue or green tinge visible when you look at the watch from the side. My preference would be sapphire but Mineral shouldn't let you down :) Just be aware that dropping any watch is unlikely to do it any favours ;) lol

Whichever rep you decide to go for, you should be very happy :)

Miracle

f83e7817.jpg

AUTO 4 my miss

banza

If you have not had one before, you will be amazed at the quality of some of the reps that are available. You really will struggle to see how a gen could be better!

The ladies Rolex are also many and varied. I uinderstand that there are books and books of dials alone, so the best thing to do is find a picture of what you like and send it to the dealer of your choice, and they can tell you if it is available and what movement options you have. A Rolex with Clone/ETA movement will set you back around $200-$300 but should look excellent :)

Personally speaking I would stay away from all stones on watches ;) but I understand that ladies like these things! :P Some of them look ok in the pictures I've seen posted on here but I don't think they ever really have the 'fire' of genuine diamonds when on the wrist, so I would avoid for that reason.

The gold plating on the reps available from the Trusted Dealers should be of a high quality. I think you have to ask for 'wrapped' rather than 'plated' in order for it to be thicker and therefore last longer? I'm no expert on Gold though, it really isn't me so I've not got any gold or TT watches! lol

Mineral Glass is usually only used on the cheapie reps and does serve its purpose (looks good, especially with Anti Reflective (AR) coating) but it is not as strong as sapphire and also has a blue or green tinge visible when you look at the watch from the side. My preference would be sapphire but Mineral shouldn't let you down :) Just be aware that dropping any watch is unlikely to do it any favours ;) lol

Whichever rep you decide to go for, you should be very happy :)

I appreciate your info, it's simply great!!!! Keep it coming :thumbsup: I'm sure getting more and more educated about this whole new thing for me ;)

banza

f83e7817.jpg

AUTO 4 my miss

Looks great!!!!!!!! Is it 38mm?

rbel13

gotta keep the lady happy

Aren

On topic...love the J12 heavykrush. I like the models sans the faux bling.

Nice purchase, and congrats. :boobies2:

Welcome banza. You found the best watch forum.

Personally I prefer the automatic and like the 38 mm J12.

The adm/mods/mems here are fantastic and can be relied upon for watch info and unbelievably great laughs.

Visit the wrist check for wonderful photos, but not many ladies watches there.

Enjoy your time here.

:wub: to all

oh...and...Yes, Yes, Yes...keep ALL of the ladies happy !!! :D

myaz

It simply means they are not in to this type of things. Most of us don't care how the things work, as long as they work. And if a watch has precious stones in it than it's treated as a piece of jewelry. That could be the reason to your last comment, which by the way, made me laugh ;-)

Speaking of mineral glass, which I see is used in the cheaper reps, I wonder how strong and scratch resistant it is. I understand it will brake if dropped.

Your comment

OK, since you ask. Ha ha, I was being a little rhetorical by invoking a "strange reason" for women not having a fascination for things mechanical, notwithstanding the minority of women who do excel at being car mechanics. You are correct in that watches are purely an accessory for my wife and I'm happy she's happy.

All glass will break when dropped the wrong way. Your average watch uses mineral glass. Your better watches use sapphire which resists scratching better, but can still scratch. Same with reps. Hence if it has sapphire, it tends to be higher quality.

My wife's J12 has sapphire....but is a quartz that cost $88. Has jewels on the hour markers identical to Miracle's post and they sparkle just fine. It's a 33mm but the one in the pic does look like a 38mm. You could cut out a 38mm cardboard circle and put in on your wrist and kinda gauge, but doesn't take thickness into account.

Good hunting :thumbsup:

Member X

The adm/mods/mems here are fantastic and can be relied upon for watch info and unbelievably great laughs.

Enjoy your time here.

Aren!! :)

banza

Enjoy your time here.

Thank you and I agree with you. I'm receiving knowledgeable, great answers and comments since I joined this forum. I've noticed the attitude on this forum is also great. That's what happens when people with the passion to something wonderful get together. I'm glad to be here :thumbsup:

So, so, so true....... :wub: Edited by banza

banza
OK, since you ask. Ha ha, I was being a little rhetorical by invoking a "strange reason" for women not having a fascination for things mechanical, notwithstanding the minority of women who do excel at being car mechanics. You are correct in that watches are purely an accessory for my wife and I'm happy she's happy.

Possibly, one of the "strange reasons" is different amount of certain hormones ;) lol

I don't know why, but for me it's fascinating to know how the things work and what's inside, and how to fix it. One of the reasons I got couple degrees in engineering ;)

All glass will break when dropped the wrong way. Your average watch uses mineral glass. Your better watches use sapphire which resists scratching better, but can still scratch. Same with reps. Hence if it has sapphire, it tends to be higher quality.

Oh, yeah. I'm sure I'll get J12 with sapphire, cause I've seen some TDs have versions with glass. I'm not sure about Rolex though. Looks like all cheapies come with mineral glass, but is it worth it to pay $200 more for more expensive ones just because of sapphire, automatic movement which is step up from 21J (would be interesting to know pros and cons) and a bit more polished look. Any thoughts on that?

My wife's J12 has sapphire....but is a quartz that cost $88. Has jewels on the hour markers identical to Miracle's post and they sparkle just fine. It's a 33mm but the one in the pic does look like a 38mm. You could cut out a 38mm cardboard circle and put in on your wrist and kinda gauge, but doesn't take thickness into account.

This is great price. I'll be glad if you can tell me the TD you got it from. I'm thinking to get black and white, one with automatic an the other with quartz. In case I decide to wear it as a accessories :P

Good hunting :thumbsup:
Edited by banza

Member X

Oh, yeah. I'm sure I'll get J12 with sapphire, cause I've seen some TDs have versions with glass. I'm not sure about Rolex though. Looks like all cheapies come with mineral glass, but is it worth it to pay $200 more for more expensive ones just because of sapphire, automatic movement which is step up from 21J (would be interesting to know pros and cons) and a bit more polished look. Any thoughts on that?

I would go for the Clone/ETA movement with sapphire crystal - it does make a difference because the sweep is smoother and accurate to Gen (both are 8 beats per second, 28800 per hour) and the sapphire generally just looks that bit 'sharper', if that makes any sense lol

21j movements are great value, though, if you are not fussed about complete accuracy :)

banza

I would go for the Clone/ETA movement with sapphire crystal - it does make a difference because the sweep is smoother and accurate to Gen (both are 8 beats per second, 28800 per hour) and the sapphire generally just looks that bit 'sharper', if that makes any sense lol

21j movements are great value, though, if you are not fussed about complete accuracy :)

Gotcha ya!!!

I've read good reviews of 21j, and I guess I can leave with some +/- inaccuracy, what concerns me the most is the cheaper not as clean look. I've looked at a lot of pictures on the TDs sites.

I have a newbie question - are geniuine movements like in gen rolex as accurate as digital?