Sign in to follow this  
Rocnation951

Need advice from rep buying gurus

Rocnation951

Ive never bought a replica watch before and I'm really interested in getting a Patek Phillippe Grand Complications or Cartier Flying Tourbillon but im open to other watches. Currently, the only seller i know is Josh from Perfect Clones and he has glowing reviews from what I've read so far. Anyways, who are some trusted sellers who sell quality reps at a good price?

How do replica watches from these dealers hold up? Do they break easily especially with the Tourbillon movement? And if they do break, do good dealers usually offer replacements or refunds?

Again, I'm completely new to this and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

fatarms

Welcome, check out the trusted dealers section. There are email addresses that you can contact the sellers at. Send them pictures of what you are looking for. In most cases, any trusted dealer can get just about any watch you are after, you don't have to be limited to just what you see on their websites. Most dealers can get watches from most or all of the factories.

robznet

+1 on the above and welcome to the forum!

Pob

Welcome ;)

And buy something else ;)

jeffw69

Welcome ;)

And buy something else ;)

:lol: Welcome to the forum.

Luthier

To answer all your questions, you have to do your homework. Read our threads, dealers feedbacks, and you'll know much more in a week.

No any other ways exist.

Rocnation951

I feel very welcomed.

So I read through the noob guides and it seems that, even if I buy a rep from a trusted dealer like Josh from Perfect Clones, there is still a high chance of receiving a completely inaccurate, obviously fake watch?

I am worried, from past experiences, that I will spend $300 on a rep, anticipating its arrival, but as soon as it comes, I will feel like I just wasted my money!

How much of a risk is it buying a rep? Note: I will only be buying from the trusted sellers.

Thanks

And to pobjednik,

Why did you recommend I not buy the watches I listed?

Member X

I think Pob's point is that the watches are so expensive in real life as to be unbelievable when worn by us 'mere mortals' - and if you keep company that can afford such things, they will very likely spot your replica watch as being just that, no matter how nice it looks.

Also, they are not 'every day' watches because they are so dressy. If you go for something more versatile you will likely get a lot more wear out of it :)

Seiko94

I'm confused. Are you not looking at the same boards as me? I'm a new guy as well. Most of the watches I see shared on the forum are unbelievable. The avg person will have absolutely no clue it's a rep. I bought my first a few weeks ago a rolex gmt and I compared to my gen, and it's damn good. I'd have no idea it's fake for sure. Longevity is another question, but everyone here seems to imply it's pretty darn good. Just my observations as another new guy

jeffw69

Very good explanation X!!!

And Pob is very drunk right now as well :lol:

RichardMiami

I feel very welcomed.

So I read through the noob guides and it seems that, even if I buy a rep from a trusted dealer like Josh from Perfect Clones, there is still a high chance of receiving a completely inaccurate, obviously fake watch?

I am worried, from past experiences, that I will spend $300 on a rep, anticipating its arrival, but as soon as it comes, I will feel like I just wasted my money!

How much of a risk is it buying a rep? Note: I will only be buying from the trusted sellers.

Thanks

And to pobjednik,

Why did you recommend I not buy the watches I listed?

Roc

You need to read again. Almost all of the active members here have bought high priced reps from our trusted dealers WITHOUT ISSUE. Stick with WatchesInternational, Toro, Reg and the others and you will be fine. I don;t know where you are getting the impression that "there is still a high chance of receiving a completely inaccurate, obviously fake watch?" That is simply NOT correct. Go to General Discussion, and look at the Daily Wrist Shot thread and prepare to be amazed. Almost EVERY ONE of those watches came from a TD here.

Luthier

All of the above, + I wouldn't recommend to buy from dropshippers, like josh, because they have zero quality control. Choose OUR trusted dealer.

But it's my personal opinion.

Rocnation951

Hmm... You experts have brought up some very interesting but valid points. So now I am convinced that buying a rep is not so much of a risk as to not purchase them. I will definitely only buy from trusted dealers.

To all those fashionable watch aficionados, if the Cartier flying Tourbillon and Patek Phillippe Grand Complications are not worthy enough, what are some nice watches that you recommend? I'm looking for something under $300.

Currently, I only have gen watches: A silver Rolex (don't know the name), cartier rondo (which I just got in Aruba) , 1985 Cartier santos.

robznet

Don't know the name of a gen Rolex? Post a pic for us mate!

Luthier

Sure, you can buy Patek Grand Complications, but if you drive Toyota or even Audi (not R8!!!) - you'll see eyebrows raised.

RichardMiami

What is on your gen wishlist? Start from there and then you can check for reps.

If you have no ideas, check the weekly Wrist Check thread... plenty of quality reps pictured there.

James.

What is on your gen wishlist? Start from there and then you can check for reps.

If you have no ideas, check the weekly Wrist Check thread... plenty of quality reps pictured there.

+1 on checking the wrist check thread. You'll find so many watches that never interested you but look too damn good on a wrist to pass up!

Rocnation951

Been looking through the wrist check threads and they look stunning!

My dream watch would be any of the Cartier tourbillon models. I think they are the most elegant looking watches in the market. I like leather strap watches with blue hands.

HeavyKrush

After reading the article on what to expect from a rep I was as skeptical as you for sure. Now I'm on my third rep in 5 weeks and I have no hesitation buying from Rochest or Marvellous. I was absolutely flabbergasted at the quality of my Tag Carrera Day Date. My personal MO is to never buy a Rep that I wouldnt buy in real life, i.e. I would never spend more than about $5,000 for any watch.

Member X

If you like leather straps with blue hands, check out the JLC pictures posted by Baldrick in Narikaa's feedback section :)

Be aware that replica straps are usually plasticky, though. It is best to budget $100+ for either a gen strap or a good croc strap :)