Sign in to follow this  
gherrmann19

What is the frist mod you would do to a DSSD?

gherrmann19

I will be recieveing my DSSD within a few days and have read many of threads of different things people do to their DSSD's. What would you all do first? Please dont flame for such a noob question please :boxedin:

nissa

What would you all do first? Hit it with a very BIG hammer

g.man

I wouldn't bother my arse modding any part of it to be honest. Great rep out of the box. Size the bracelet, stick it on your wrist, enjoy it often.

each to their own

g.man

dalboy

I wouldn't bother my arse modding any part of it to be honest. Great rep out of the box. Size the bracelet, stick it on your wrist, enjoy it often.

each to their own

g.man

+1 all the way mate.............

jeffw69

Nice 1st post Asshat! Way to introduce yourself ! Now fuck off.

OP, my first mods would be/.have been relume and waterproof/seal up all gaskets, etc.

Next, I would look for a new pearl or find someone to mod my pearl.

gherrmann19

I mean as far as waterproofing and such. I wear my watches all the time in all conditions.

dalboy

A noob slaging off a noob !!! Novel..

Y ou must get out more..

dingle

first mod to do is sell and get a 16610 :daffy:

greg_r

each to their own

g.man

+1,000,000!

conx
first mod to do is sell and get a 16610 :daffy:

Couldn't put it better myself. :)

gherrmann19

Thats actually what I have picked out for my next pay check.

scorpion

Did you join the forum just so you could post this wise crack or is it actually a serious answer to test the integrity of the watch crystal? It really should be a small hammer first then try the large one

highergame

never owned one myself bro.... but I keep hearing that there super heavy so I went with the sub, but I do like the bigger MM of the dssd better because the sub is some what small on my 8.25 wrist. But I think the mods I'd do is waterproofing and best lume you can get because those are the two things I love most about a modded rep.. the ablity to jump in the water with out worry and also to watch everyone say stuff because it glows like a flashlight.

gherrmann19

I have two Sub reps from early 2000's that seem very small to me after wearing this calibre 2100 for the past 4 years. I really want a newer sub rep next they seem so well done. I just had to have a DSSD. I think they look great.

conx

You'll love it. They are great reps. I personally wouldnt bother with any mods...it is what it is imo.

Cyril_Clunge

6abc0bf1.jpg

Pob

Rubber Dick again i guess?

Dssd

send to kenny Who can waterproof it and relume and matt the dial,

I also bought a Trevor bezel and he fitted this and tweaked the pearl

He performs magic with reps

Here's mine

d9000694.jpg

gherrmann19

I really cant tell the difference in the bezel assemblies and the pearl yet maybe a little down the road. I for sure want to get it waterproof and possibly loomed.

dalboy

I really cant tell the difference in the bezel assemblies and the pearl yet maybe a little down the road. I for sure want to get it waterproof and possibly loomed.

Lumed..................here endeth the lesson.. :giggle:

g.man

Here's mine

d9000694.jpg

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips here, but every pic I've seen of a Trevor bezel insert, the pearl has looked absolutely terrible in comparison to the pearl on the regular insert. Seems what you gain in the straight top triangle, you lose in the shonky pearl. Can anyone with a Trevor insert give us a macro shot of the pearl please?

Also, I wouldn't bother having the dial matt finished. Gens come with either matt or gloss.

again, each to their own

g.man

KeNnY

Here's mine

d9000694.jpg

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips here, but every pic I've seen of a Trevor bezel insert, the pearl has looked absolutely terrible in comparison to the pearl on the regular insert. Seems what you gain in the straight top triangle, you lose in the shonky pearl. Can anyone with a Trevor insert give us a macro shot of the pearl please?

Also, I wouldn't bother having the dial matt finished. Gens come with either matt or gloss.

again, each to their own

g.man

THanks Paul. :)

Gman I have removed and recreated/relumed the pearl to match the lume of the dial and hands.

To OP Personally when I get mine from Rochest the cheapee version, I am going to relume it, regulate it and waterproof it. This is good version for projects, but I don't know about the case construction if it is like the 1:1 case construction, but for the future ETA mods, I would use from this version the bezel insert and the dial indexes what are nice big and flat. These dial indexes are also great for Ceramic Submariner mods what I have done in past as well, gives the watch more gen look. But the watch it self for the price is really nice and close the gen, and these things are just minor and I think only 0.001% of people will even notice, It is only for personal feeling. I like to have all my watches glow like torch when I get out of the sun to dark room :)

g.man

Oh, I wasn't dissing your awesome work Kenny.

I'm just curious because I've seen several photos of different members watches with the Trevor insert recently, and every time I've been struck that the pearl doesn't look as good as the standard pearl. I'd just love to see a macro shot of the pearl on a Trevor insert to compare the two.

regards

g.man

UmpaHimself

Nice 1st post Asshat! Way to introduce yourself ! Now fuck off.

OP, my first mods would be/.have been relume and waterproof/seal up all gaskets, etc.

Next, I would look for a new pearl or find someone to mod my pearl.

+1

Cyril_Clunge

Umpa, if you're really that desperate to get your post count up can you please use the postwhore thread to do it rather than posting quotes with +1 or LOL on every thread, even the French ones?!