Sign in to follow this  
gherrmann19

What is the frist mod you would do to a DSSD?

dingle

Umpa, if you're really that desperate to get your post count up can you please use the postwhore thread to do it rather than posting quotes with +1 or LOL on every thread, even the French ones?!

:popcorn:

g.man

Umpa, if you're really that desperate to get your post count up can you please use the postwhore thread to do it rather than posting quotes with +1 or LOL on every thread, even the French ones?!

+1

g.man

Cyril_Clunge

Oh FFS. Where's the phone number for Dignitas.......

10:10 Watch Repair
Oh, I wasn't dissing your awesome work Kenny. I'm just curious because I've seen several photos of different members watches with the Trevor insert recently, and every time I've been struck that the pearl doesn't look as good as the standard pearl. I'd just love to see a macro shot of the pearl on a Trevor insert to compare the two. regards g.man

Every Trevor pearl I have received has sucked.

g.man

Thanks mate. Thought as much.

regards

g.man

dustlove

Nice Yosemite Sam Avatar Powermax!!!! Hes my Fav

jeffw69

+1 :rofl: you asked for that one.

ShiroTenshi

Seal the HEV inside with epoxy.

The King

Stick it on a zulu and rock the shit out of it.

And with my 2nd one I stuck it on a gen Breitling Ocean Racer strap with polished deployant! Oh yes... way cool! :D

DSSDRep

I have one and I had it waterproofed and did nothing else. I was recently in a watch store looking at buying a new gen (not a Rolex, have a gen submariner, wanted the new Tag AquaRacer) and they also sold Rolex's. I had my rep DSSD on. No modifications to it other than waterproofing and the Rolex guy behind the counter coudln't tell the difference even upon close inspection.

Perhaps if he had spun the bezel.

So to answer your question, other than waterproofing, I wouldn't do anything.

Mystery Shopper

I wouldn't frist any of the mods. I just don't swing that way.

Re-luming and waterproofing are the only mods I would bother with. The re-lume gives even lume with pearl, hands & markers. I have an un-modded PWC one.

SAM_1316.jpg

dkj1956

Surprised no one has suggested puting a cyclops magnifier on the crystal to increase height and to make it looke more unmistakably Rolexy????!!!!

7414529348_9e881cdace_m.jpg

Okay guys, how many of you are with me?... show of hands.... c'mom don't be shy.....

Anyone there?

Alright, be that way.... and let me save you the time in you anticipated responses......... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm loggin out and going for a coffee....

The King

No cyclops for me on a DSSD. Wrong on so many levels.

I'm thinking of chiselling the one off one of my Subs though so you can have that one if I can find it on the kitchen floor :D

dkj1956
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Sounds great, please package securely as they are super delicate.... :giggle:

Luthier

Trevor.

P1090480.jpg

P1090481.jpg

Frankt8242

Adjust the bracelet to fit my wrist and just WEAR the effing thing!!! :itchyandscratchy:

Distinct

A lot of good feedback but before you do anything else there is a free and most useful mod...

Remove the dive extension from the bracelet and size the bracelet links so that your sliding adjustment is in the middle. Gives you room to slide smaller when cold and dry (or want tighten up in preparation for a good fist fight with Somali pirates) or go bigger when it is hot and humid.

Steve227

You may find its waterproof already, take it down the mall watch guy and get him to test it before you send it off.

I've had two dssds and one GMT 1675 from Trevor and both have been 100m tested straight out of the box.

After that I couldn't be bothered to send it off for a relume - although a good lume does look awesome.