trailboss99

The new Offshore Surviver LE. WTF?

trailboss99

Stolen from somewhere or another:

audemarspiguet_survivor2-thumb-450x426.jpg

The Royal Oak from Audemars Piguet line, essentially a water resistant line of yachting watches, is famous for being the first steel luxury watch ever made. It’s a beautiful pieces, looks great on men and women, and is potentially affordable used. However, in order to follow Bell & Ross and Zenith into the depths of Crazytown they’ve decided to offer this “Survivor†model which looks like a robot took a dump on a turtle.

The case, for example, is crazy:

Strongbox-Type Case with antimagnetic system, cone shaped pushpieces, hollowed pushpiece guards, crown, crown guard and studs in blackened titanium perforated ceramic bezel

Stronbox? Wha? Cones? Studs? What is this - a watch or an S&M bar?

The press release follows but this is being made in a limited edition of 1,000 and thank God, too, because it bastardizes all that the Royal Oak stands for.

Introducing the Royal Oak Offshore “Survivorâ€

Shapes and ergonomics. Each detail is meticulously designed to ensure a blend

of efficiency and lightness. The perforations on the bezel lighten up the structure without compromising its sturdiness. The hollowed pushpieces equipped with a security look ensure user-friendly handling. In a similar vein, the generous size and notched rim of the crown, as well as the ratcheted case edge, facilitate getting a quick and sure grip on this exceptional instrument. The conical shape of the pushpieces guarantees instant activation of the chronograph function, while the skeleton hands, luminescent hour-markers and silver-coloured small seconds counter guarantee optimal readability by day or night. And finally, since nothing is left to chance, a careful observer will note the apertures on the case middle and studs.

SIGNATURE FEATURES

Strongbox-type case water-resistant to 100 metres, with antimagnetic system designed to protect the mechanism from any hostile element. Hexagonal socket-head screws echoing the legendary hexagonal screws of the Royal Oak Offshore models. Exclusive “Méga Tapisserie†guilloché pattern on the dial, matched on this model by the chequered Motif on the strap Strap perfectly integrated with the case.

High-precision Instrument The Royal Oak Offshore Survivor houses the exclusive Audemars Piguet selfwinding Calibre 3126/3840, guaranteeing sturdiness, reliability and precision rating: up to 60-hour power reserve thanks to a mainspring which, by supplying constant force over a longer time-span, ensures enhanced rating accuracy; a cross-through balance-cock reinforcing the stability of the movement; a balance-stop mechanism serving to immobilise the seconds hand and thus enabling time-setting to the nearest second; a variable-inertia balance equipped with eight inertia blocks enabling precise and stable adjustment; fast date correction with an integrated security system avoiding any risk of date disc blockage when the adjustment occurs at midnight; bidirectional automatic winding of the mainspring by means of a 22-carat gold rotor mounted on a ball-bearing mechanism.

HIGH-TECH MATERIALS

Blackened titaniumplays the starring role. This ultra-light material has been chosen for the case and the surrounding elements: studs, pushpieces and pushpiece guards, crown and oversized strap buckle. The same goes for the medallion back featuring a special non-slip texture. Titanium also shows up on the lower part of the octagonal bezel, while its upper part opts for ceramics. The latter is distinguished by clearly marked vertical grooves reminiscent of the characteristic satin finish of the Royal Oak Offshore collection. The strap is made from vulcanised rubber, an indispensable part of the extreme sports universe. Its matt black granular surface accentuates the adventurous camouflage-type look of this chronograph issued in a limited edition of 1,000.

MOVEMENT

Calibre: 3126/3840, Selfwinding

Total Diameter: 26 mm (11 1/2 Lignes)

Thickness: 7.16 mm

59 Jewels

365 Parts

Up to 60-hour power reserve

21,600 VPH

Variable-Inertia Balance with Eight Inertia-Blocks and a flat-spring

Geneva-Type Mobile Balance Spring Stud-Holder

Three Position Winding Crown

Finishing: All parts decorated by hand; Manipulate Rhodium-Plated, Bevelled and Stippled; Bridges Adorned with “Cotes De Geneve†Motif

STRAP

Vulcanized Rubber with Chequered Motifs and oversized buckle in blackened titanium

CASE

Strongbox-Type Case with antimagnetic system, cone shaped pushpieces, hollowed pushpiece guards, crown, crown guard and studs in blackened titanium perforated ceramic bezel

Diameter: 42mm

Thickness: 15.65mm

Water-Resistance: 100m

Medallion back in blackened titanium with non-slip Motif, titanium engraved with the inscription Royal Oak Offshore Survivor- Limited Edition

DIAL

Matt black, exclusive “Mega Tapisserie†Guilloche Motif

Snailed Hour-Circle

Luminescent Skeleton Hour and Minute Hands

Luminescent Applied Hour-Markers

FUNCTIONS

Hours and Minutes

Small Seconds

Chronograph with central sweep seconds hand

30-minute and 12-hour counters

Tachometric Scale around the flange

Date

REFERENCE

2616510.00A002CA.01

Limited Series of 1,000

via ProWatches

Demsey

Same thing happened to the Humvee Col. You gotta be jokin' me. From purpose built and utilitarian, with up to personal taste, arguably beautiful lines, to garrish, worthless, zeitgeist and crap.

Humvee.jpg

hummer.jpg

Audemars Piquet like General Motors; better watch it, the death bell is tolling....................

greg_r

The only things missing are nipple clamps...

oscarmadfish

not nice :thumbsup:

JohnG
not nice :Jumpy:

I woulda thought you'd like that.

Oh, you have devolved to Rolex now...

:thumbsup:

Poohmonster

Not my cup of tea..... :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

It's funyy though ....so many watches look better on the wrist than in a standard product shot.....I thought the Hublot Big Bang was very average but I bought the rep and it looks great on the wrist....the wife actually likes the BB best out of them all.

Obviously - I then ran her through with "The Rod of Atonement" for daring to suggest any watch look better than a Breitling...... :thumbsup:

Demsey
Obviously - I then ran her through with "The Rod of Atonement" for daring to suggest any watch look better than a Breitling...... :thumbdown:

Without pics video, it didn't happen.

Poohmonster
Obviously - I then ran her through with "The Rod of Atonement" for daring to suggest any watch look better than a Breitling...... :wacko:

Without pics video, it didn't happen.

I hear you brother.....I've been trying to get the camera into bedroom for a while now......along with her best mate.......and a donkey naked "Pueblo"......

trailboss99

Missing? If the're not nipple clamps then WTF are those things over the pushers?

Col.

greg_r

Missing? If the're not nipple clamps then WTF are those things over the pushers?

Col.

Bollock clamps?

trailboss99

Oh, of cause :thumbsup: silly me!

Seriously this is just bits hung off every where 'cause they could. It would proberly grow on me but I think they are lucky it's a LTD edition.

Col.

greg_r
Oh, of cause :drunksing: silly me!

Seriously this is just bits hung off every where 'cause they could. It would proberly grow on me but I think they are lucky it's a LTD edition.

Col.

All I can say is that it makes Graham's cappuccino machine look like understated elegance.... :thumbsup:

graman
Same thing happened to the Humvee Col. You gotta be jokin' me. From purpose built and utilitarian, with up to personal taste, arguably beautiful lines, to garrish, worthless, zeitgeist and crap.

Humvee.jpg

hummer.jpg

Audemars Piquet like General Motors; better watch it, the death bell is tolling....................

Image 1 - I can understand. It has a purpose.

Image 2 - What tasteless wanker would buy that, let alone drive it???

Fully support Dems stance here.....AP.....smell that?...I believe it's coffee.......

graman

Col.

Bollock clamps?

Nah...bollock clamps are useful...