Sign in to follow this  
jtx0512

Is mod necessary on TC Sub V4?

jtx0512

Is it really necessary to make it look closer to gen?

I thought TC Sub v4 looks damn close to gen already and there's nothing you need to do, no?

Amit

Last time I checked the pearl wasn't exactly the greatest.

jtx0512
Last time I checked the pearl wasn't exactly the greatest.

i was referring to the one without any insert. so that makes it almost perfect? :)

SecretAgentMan

As far as mods go, no mods need to be done to the TC sub 4 version as far as I can see when sitting next to a gen sub...........only thing you need to add is a gen insert & they are not easy to install.........

jtx0512
As far as mods go, no mods need to be done to the TC sub 4 version as far as I can see when sitting next to a gen sub...........only thing you need to

add is a gen insert & they are not easy to install.........

yeah..i heard its hard to install but for now its hard to even find it.

SecretAgentMan
As far as mods go, no mods need to be done to the TC sub 4 version as far as I can see when sitting next to a gen sub...........only thing you need to

add is a gen insert & they are not easy to install.........

yeah..i heard its hard to install but for now its hard to even find it.

I was watching one on eBay today, sold for $100 plus. $20 shipping, it looked pretty good but the pearl didn't look too white

BigBuys

I would just source a Clark insert for the interim search period to get the GEN insert. It was just sheer luck that I found a brand new factory sealed insert for $250 on Rolex forum. That is really the only thing that TC's Sub needs IMHO. I did buy a GEN, very hard to find, double AR cyclops crystal but have not installed it as yet. It is so good as it is that I feel stupid replacing the crystal just for AR.

On installing the bezel insert. I found that persistence pays. Start with the pearl side in first, and just work with thumbs with lots of pressure equally from pearl out to meet thumbs at 6:00 and without releasing pressure on insert, leverage more pressure between thumbs near 6:00 by bringing the watch up under a PROTECTED table edge and then apply pressure with other fingers under watch until it snaps in place. Protected means: use something between the wood table edge and the insert to cushion the insert. INSPECT CLOSELY.

Its all worth it.

gB.

:popcorn:

rsh

TC sub is special in that it uses a case that is almost perfect to gen dimensions and can house a gen movement dial crystal crown insert with little to no mods.

For the poster who mentioned the AR crystal - swap it out, it is sooo sweet, I have it on my TC sub and it is amazing

Balad1

I'm sure there is a market for TC's great products but I'd rather pay extra for a completed rep, not have to do anything zip, nada.

Just say'n

SecretAgentMan

I'm sure there is a market for TC's great products but I'd rather pay extra for a completed rep, not have to do anything zip, nada.

Just say'n

Actually I agree..........if TC could put together a package where he could source gen inserts & other parts (im sure he would get a super discount if he could find a supplier) & just charge more instead of people going through the pain staking efforts of applying parts. Not all of us are modders out here & dont want to be..............

MadeOfCheese

I did ask him about that yesterday. He says he doesn't have a reliable supplier, which I guess means he wouldn't have access to a significant discount either.

Adding $200+ to his price suddenly makes it look a lot more expensive, and possibly gets him a lot of unwanted attention and work.

And judging by his lead times I'm guessing he has enough demand without it.

I agree though - I'd much prefer a completed rep. I've said before that I'm happy with sourcing the insert, not so happy with pushing it in on a tabletop...

I'd even be happy to pay more for a waterproofing and service, so that it arrives ready to go.

baxter

+ 1 i'd probably buy one if it came complete.

SecretAgentMan

TC imo has the best subs out here so far, I do like BK's subs as well but this new TC sub is a bit better imo. With that said, since he cant get a supplier that would give the discounts that he could hand off to us on gen parts & put together a complete watch, we have to deal with modding ourselves..........life goes on..............

The King

Never mind... :)

Edited by The King

jmac3789

anyone have a tc? looking into getting one and id like to hear some feedback!

erik1200

i recieved mine yesterday!

and the gen insert should drop in any day now!

hopefully it´s gonna be pretty easy to install!

i really have to say this is by far the best sub rep i´ve seen so far...

it actually feels like a gen.

as far as the price goes it will land on about 780bucks with the gen insert...

if you don´t have one you´re missing out!

i will post pictures as soon as i´ve installed the insert!

morris133
anyone have a tc? looking into getting one and id like to hear some feedback!

I have the LV version. Just sourced a used black insert but haven't put it in yet. This is by far the best rep I have in terms of quality and gen like. Compared to my Omega UPO, Breitling vs Steelfish and Breitling V2 seawolf ( which are all outstanding in their own right)

The lume is fantastic, the bracelet is amazing, buttery smooth movement, quiet rotor, - and it's runs about 3 secs fast a day.

The only criticism I would have is the cyclops needs AR and after looking at gens a dozen or so times there is something special about the gen crystal. Which I have no idea why it is better - the rolex experts can shed some light on that. Maybe that's a mod i'll consider..

Well worth the extra cost if you want a great rep.

solkryssare

The TC only needs the insert imo. If it doesn't have any rehaut engravings it doesn't need the AR'ed Cyclops either.

mspangl

gen insert and you're good to go

trailboss99

Guys tc will never do "custom" work, he's just not interested.

The only reason he does this is to perfect the rep sub, not for the money.

The tc insert is coming and when it does it will be perfect.

If you want a gen crystal London George next door has them for sale.

sgtguk

Had mine a while now and like the guys have already said if you haven't got one yet your missing out! tbh I'm no Sub expert but with a gen insert and the V3 bracelet it looks and feels Gen all day long, it wears really well and mine keeps excellent time too! You don't need the Ar crystal either, just personal preference I guess :thumbsup:

Pic of mine below (if it works)

IMG_1015.jpg

Óscar.

sorry... but...

Who's TC maker ??? link?

Great rep !!!

Edited by Óscar.

Óscar.

sorry... but...

Who's TC maker ??? link?

Great rep !!!

up !!!!

greg_r

sorry... but...

Who's TC maker ??? link?

Great rep !!!

up !!!!

Rather than pointlessly bumping this thread, why don't you go look at the dealer section on the board home page?