Sign in to follow this  
Pohoho

Omega Railmaster complete Re-lume

Pohoho

This is a follow-up to mine previous lume attempt recorded here:

http://www.rwgboard....showtopic=29559

Issues encountered was a "dimmer" number "2", "6", "9" and the 35th min marker. I had applied a top coat of binder unto them in attempt to create a smoother numbering but I guess that became sort of a shade and impedes the charging up.

Another issue was the fast fading lume on the hands so they had to go.

So I re-did the numbers 3 times and finally a "perfect" product. Smooth lump all round with no lumpy bumps and an all even lume all round :D

I'm completely satisfied with the results:

railmasterrelumed.th.jpg

lumeshot.th.jpg

seclark007

Looks good :thumbsup:

Pohoho

On to my second re-lume on my newly acquired Omega Railmaster today, a 39mm version this time round.

I noticed some difference between the 39mm and 41mm RM dials as I can recall from memory:

1) on the 39mm dial is matte, whereas the 41mm is gloss finish.

Personally I think the glossy finish will give it a more luxurious look under the crystal</p>

2) also not apparent on my iphone pic, the printings are silver rather than white on the 41mm dial. Throw in a layer of gloss finish, it will surely go blink blink

Still it was quite a challenge even with one success under my belt for this model. Managed only to finish the indices decently, numbers were a mess so I cleaned them off. Got a bit tired and my binder seems to have gone bad, giving lots of "sticky hairs"; just after 10mins or so of application so I decided to rest for the day:

Here's a in progress shot:

8108788861_155683cbed.jpg

Some of the indices did not have a smooth surface so will clean them off and re-apply. The new lume versus the rep lume on the numbers after about 10 sec exposure to fluorescent light for this shot:

8108796222_2da7179134.jpg

To be continued... soon...

Edited by Pohoho