Sign in to follow this  
rubdom

Need some advice *see pics*

rubdom

I received this watch from a popular trusted dealer here. I am not going to mention who it is because I am going to work it out with them. I just want to be sure I am not being too picky. Based off other reviews it dosen't seem that I am.

I couldn't see anything wrong in the QC pics except the misaligned date wheel (dealer assured me it was just the pic) but when I got the watch I noticed these flaws. The QC pics were very very dark but based off other reviews I assumed it would be a almost perfect rep.

1. Date wheel off center (like I saw in the pics)

2. Logo has some metal or something else at the bottom (pretty noticeable even from far out)

3. Numbers have a white residue or something on them.

I hope someone can tell me if I am being too picky or if I should continue to pursue getting it fixed or replaced.

Sorry for the bad pics but I don't have a macro lens so I had to turn my lens around to capture these.

There should be 6 pics that you can see with this link:

https://plus.google.com/photos/110859791130225475432/albums/5760216372300731825?authkey=CNGY0ZLjnMvCmgE

Thanks!

Cyril_Clunge

Based on those pictures I personally think you are being picky. I can see a bit of dust, if you hadn't mentioned the DW I wouldn't have noticed anything, and I can't see a problem with the logo. Ask yourself this, how does it look 2 feet away on your wrist?

Arism

Not saying you're wrong, but we're going to need better pics.

Realism

Let me add to the list:

The G has no arrow :lolcina:

rubdom

I know the pics are terrible. The logo is my main concern. You can see it from a distance. If you look at the bottom of the "Heuer" letters you can see something on there like it was not cut out right or something. Take a look at the last picture that i posted and you can see it pretty good. I can probably live with everything else except that.

When I compare it to this rep's logo it makes me think twice: http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=30095 Very clean logo compared to mine.

Edited by rubdom

Del

Yes, I can see why you'd be a little disappointed. I can't see the white residue you mentioned but I can see the logo and date wheel issues.

For me, the date wheel is not a big problem and I think it would be very picky to reject the watch for that alone (even the one in the other link you posted has a slightly off date wheel and it is a common problem with reps in general - my yellow Wolf has a slightly high date wheel as a matter of fact.)

The logo is a little but more annoying and it's the kind of thing that should have been picked up from the QC pics. I would need to see much better (more natural) photos before giving a view on how bad a flaw I consider it to be. I suspect though that it would not be as noticeable as you are making out when looking at the watch with the naked eye from more than 6 inches away.

;)

dalboy

A couple of questions ??

How much did you pay for it, is the quality reflected in the price..more importantly if you are not 100% happy with it..Back it . otherwise you wont wear it, and thats money down the drain.

Sound advice from the other members but as far as i can tell from your pics, yes there seems to be some issue with the bottom of the logo.as for your other complaints as said not noticed at a distance.. Maybe more attention should have been made by you on the QC pics..remember if your not happy with the QC pics request some more..

Me thinks this will be going back !!! your disappointment is evident and will bug you should you keep it..J.M.O

Dal..............

Remember its no Gen....

Edited by dalboy

rubdom

Thanks for all the advice. The logo is pretty noticeable to me. Everything else I can deal with. I will work with the dealer to see if there is anything we can work out.

Here is a pic about 12 inches away with my iPhone and you can see the bad logo. I should have asked for better QC pics but after reading all the amazing reviews of the dealer I figured they would never let something like this go out. My fault. Noob mistake. Paid $350

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Edited by rubdom

dalboy

Thanks for all the advice. The logo is pretty noticeable to me. Everything else I can deal with. I will work with the dealer to see if there is anything we can work out.

Here is a pic about 12 inches away with my iPhone and you can see the bad logo. I should have asked for better QC pics but after reading all the amazing reviews of the dealer I figured they would never let something like this go out. My fault. Noob mistake. Paid $350

Dont beat yourself up over it !!!!! lesson learned be more critical of QC pics in future. Remember if unsure requset more pics..

Hope you sort it ..

Dal.............................

scorpion

Last picture makes it quite clear that its not a great logo - if I had paid $95 I guess I would keep it but at $350 I would not be happy. To me with Tags my eye always goes to that logo first and it does not look right and has swarf under the A that should have been removed after it was stamped out or however it is they make such small logos.

Cyril_Clunge

I'll take it off your hands for $150...

mostling

Yeh, that logo is pretty fucked up for a $350 watch..

If it's the dealer i'm thinking of, yeh the make pretty dark QC pics.

photo1.jpg

Odyseus

For $350 I'd sent it back - the TD should know better than to try and palm this off onto someone. Looks like the logo is poorly etched, the letters should be all clean and not half fused to the edging.

Just make sure you sent it registered post and get a Admin involved just to be on the safe side :)

Best of luck

John

MadButcher

I think our trusted dealers shouldnt send 350 USD watch with such a visible defect to customer :angry: even factory should be able to stop it before it leaves their doors. What QC you need for this? One close look, no more than couple seconds, has to be enough to see this....unless somebody did 2 things at the same time - inspection of your watch and.... :Drinking2:

mostling

Put 1 of the QC pics up if you still have them to see if it is as apparent as in your last pic.

mostling

Any news on this?

rubdom

For $350 I'd sent it back - the TD should know better than to try and palm this off onto someone. Looks like the logo is poorly etched, the letters should be all clean and not half fused to the edging.

Just make sure you sent it registered post and get a Admin involved just to be on the safe side :)

Best of luck

John

Sorry for the late response I was in the mountains with no access! Back now.

What do you mean by get an admin involved?

Here are links to 2 of the QC photos sent. These were the only photos of the front of the watch. Looking at it again it dosen't even look like the same watch...logo much better in the QC photos.

I also emailed the dealer and let them know about the watch last Thursday (same day received) and they asked for pictures. I sent the pictures on Friday and I haven't heard back from them. I even emailed a follow up email on Sat night asking if they received the pics. Should I get a mod involved in this or give the dealer more time? If so what mod should I contact to help?

BTW: What you can't see in the photos is a white residue on the numbers (not all but most) at first I thought it was fingerprints but its like a glue residue. Its very very noticeable in sunlight or bright lights. I first noticed this immediately when unboxing then saw the bad logo. I am pretty disappointed especially since this is a highly regarded trusted dealer and I figured they would be really careful to send out only quality pieces.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Edited by rubdom

onionbag

That does not look like the same watch to me.

mostling

Yup, those are QC pics from the best and dearest of them all.

You got fucked by them, the watch you got is not the same as the one in the QC pics.

You have some guidelines on how to deal with disputes on this page: http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2073

rubdom

So what should I do? Do I lose out on the cost of shipping back to them? Should I just refund and buy from another dealer or hope they send me something that is right this time?

onionbag

I think at this point you should contact a moderator here, and take this debate out of the public view until you have all the facts.

mostling

Or contact a moderator and continue discussing here as we do with all other topics of this kind that come up.

Cyril_Clunge

Not that you have an axe to grind or anything...

onionbag

Or contact a moderator and continue discussing here as we do with all other topics of this kind that come up.

OOOOh we do love a drama. :D

Del

If the TD has sent a different watch from the QC pics then that's pretty serious, although could clearly be an innocent mistake - they are human after all.

I think, considering everything you've said, you should ask for a replacement watch. I'd also be looking for my return postage to be paid if it turns out that the watch is not the same as in the QC pics.

You can also PM a member of the Admin team here and ask them for advice and assistance in this case. ;)