Sign in to follow this  
rubdom

Need some advice *see pics*

Miracle

Send it back mate

Cyril_Clunge

Even when he should be sat down with la paella y la cerveza Del is still there offering sage advice :)

Del
Even when he should be sat down with la paella y la cerveza Del is still there offering sage advice :)

Actually it's una copa de vino tinto at the moment! :lol:

rubdom

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll contact an admin. So I guess I shouldn't post how things go here? Is that "starting drama"?

Steve227

Keep posting mate, let us all know how it goes. I'm sure it will work out well.

Realism
:popcorn:

rubdom

They have agreed to send a replacement dial to a trusted repair smith here and pay for dial replacement (I still have to pay for shipping there). This is after back and fourth for days. They wanted me to ship it to back to China at my cost then wait for them to fix and send it back. I asked for replacement right away since its obvious the QC pics are not the watch I received and I would send the faulty watch back. They would not agree to this and only after the admin from the forums got involved did they agree to pay for a CONUS smith to fix. I'll probably superlume the hands while it's there. I guess it will work out in the end just wish they would admit they used "stock" QC pics or sent me the wrong watch. They still insist the QC pics is the same watch I received.

All in all very bad after sale service. Will never use them again. After all is done I will be sure to post a facts only review and let everyone decide for themselves if they want to buy from them.

I'll keep this updated as the fix progresses (with pics of course). Keep your fingers cross the replacement dial is not screwed up as well. If they happen send me a replacement dial with the arrows on the G I'll forgive them :)

Steve227

Sorry, didn't quite get the shipping bit?

So they are sending a new dial and paying for it to be fitted in conus? What do you have to pay out of pocket? Do you have to send the old one back?

rubdom
Sorry, didn't quite get the shipping bit?

So they are sending a new dial and paying for it to be fitted in conus? What do you have to pay out of pocket? Do you have to send the old one back?

They are sending a new dial and paying to have it fitted in CONUS but I have to ship the watch at my cost to get repaired. Not sure if I have to send the old dial back or not. The watchsmith is working directly with the dealer on this. I am shipping the watch out tomorrow from TX to CA. The dial is shipping straight to CA. I have asked for QC pics of the new dial but received nothing yet.

Steve227

Then I think you have a good outcome. Glad it worked out well.

If you get it relumed too then technically the cost of shipping would of been paid by you anyway so sounds like a result.

NCRich

CLS will sort it.

rubdom

CLS will sort it.

I hear CLS is awesome! Do you guys recommend anything else done while its there getting dial replacement? I am getting the hands super lumed. Also, just got QC pics of the dial and it looks much much better.

rubdom

*Update*

Dial is replaced and is MUCH better. Hands were super lumed while with CLS. CLS did an awesome job! Lume looks great ( just wish it lasted longer) I did have to pay for shipping to and from CLS at around $15. I'll take it rather than have to worry about shipping it back to china.

Overall I am pretty disappointed with the dealer. Never once did they own up to the mistake or say sorry. They acted like this was my fault. Obviously they sent me something different from the QC pics. At least I was able to get a dial replacement after great pain and eventually involving the Mods here. Maybe this was a one-off but the way it was handled by the dealer was terrible.

I'll write up a review with just the facts later this week in the dealer feedback section.

Pics of the lume job:

4b01d6fb-872b-02f6.jpg

4b01d6fb-8735-b3f6.jpg

Trolex

Looks much better, and yes, Chris is great!! Had a similar experience myself.... Bad movement, they wouldnt cover the fee to replacing it $40) but did cover the 21j that lost 4+ hours per day. Never got any qc pix, stock or not. Worst experience short of Mike McNair. Paid more for a 21j special than the damn high beat clone, and was told that they will no longer offer me any after sale service.

Never again.