Sign in to follow this  
gpvecchi

Newbie say hallo to everyone (and asks for an advice)!

gpvecchi

Hallo everybody!

I would like to buy a Rolex Daytona Pro Hunter replica; as I live in Italy (we have severe customs), I choosed Timeshop.net (recommended seller in this forum) as it offers transhipment to UK. Do someone had experience with this seller?

I read elsewhere that Asian Valjoux 7750 has an average life of one year; I'd not like to spend more than 300 bucks for a watch that'll last for just 1 year...

Could you confirm this?

Thank you!

Member X

The 7750 is a movement generally seems to be ok - I have not read of many failing :)

There is some discussion over whether to wind them by hand or leave them to wind automatically on the wrist (I would prefer the latter because the hand winding gears are apparently weak) but apart from that, if you treat them with care then they should be fine :)

Most of the Trusted Dealers can offer transshipment through the UK so I would ask the TD you like the reviews of :)

Hazz

Welcome, does your bank manager know you are here ? Enjoy !

gpvecchi

Thank you very much, I'll contact some other TD, even as most of them seems not to have the Pro Hunter in catalogue, but just the ProjectX...

Edited by gpvecchi

Member X

The TDs can each get pretty much all the replicas on the market because they all shop in the same place, so 'pick your dealer then pick your watch' :)

gpvecchi

Did someone tried the PVD coating of replica Pro Hunter? I'm afraid it can't be so tough...

conx

If you go for a 7750 daytona check if it has the running seconds @ 6 oclock. If it does, take some time to research the potential problems with this particular 7750 movement as they have had reliability challenges.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: welcome :)

gpvecchi

If you go for a 7750 daytona check if it has the running seconds @ 6 oclock. If it does, take some time to research the potential problems with this particular 7750 movement as they have had reliability challenges.

Yes, thanks! Seconds @ 6, don't press reset button with chrono running and with seconds hands between 10 and 2, don't wind by hand, don't put them into water and don't feed them after midnight :lol:

Practically, if I'll not use it, it will last forever! I'm just kidding, it's about impossible to find a Daytona Pro Hunter proper replica without working chrono, and they all use 7750 sec@6...

Now I'm just trying to understand if replica PVD coating is stiff enough, or if it's better a normal steel model...

Edited by gpvecchi

conx

By all accounts secs@6 is worse than that. Even if you do all the above (or don't as the case may be), they still break sooner or later (usually sooner).

Good luck and let us know what you end up going with.

gpvecchi

It seems that new 29 jewels 7750 model are a little more reliable...