Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

177 jumps from ledge & loses seconds @ 9

kolchak

I think my 177 attempted suicide by flinging herself from a 5 ft counter after learning I ordered a 360. While she survived the fall, she hit the ground with a horrible metallic thud that knocked the second hand loose.

Since I haven't had time to drop her off w/ my watch smith, I found the courage to attempt the repair. Everything was going according to plan until I realized the second hand doesn't just snap back into place like a Lego. While there is a tiny nub (CP?) protruding from the underside, it doesn't seem long enough to reattach it.

suggestions?

IMAG1000.jpg

IMAG1001.jpg

IMAG0999.jpg

IMAG0998.jpg

Hazz

Can't help you there, but I slipped on some mud today whilst wearing my 177, my fall felt like slow motion, as all I could think was "Don't fall on your left side" watch unscathed, and clothes in dry cleaners. Good luck

Luthier

The leg under your seconds hand is tall enough to be attached to this CP.

Hand.jpg

kolchak

Thanks for diagram Luthier - The "leg" actually looks much smaller in the flesh but pictures say it should work.

Now butterfingers has to deal with the tiny freaking movement holder tabs & screws

g.man

Good luck mate.

Hazz

Good luck, patience is needed, and blu tac helps

Luthier

Good luck, admiral!!!

kolchak

thanks - second hand is seemingly in place & 1st screw / tab went smoothly in place quickly using tweezers. This is where things went wrong as 2nd screw shot out of my grip & must be in witness protection. It's gone. Already added blu tac to the need list & will need to visit my friendly watch smith after all.

Luthier

Well... at least 1st part went smoothly, congrats!!!

machiavegli

Dropped my JLC rep today and same thing happened... crystal popped off and the retrograde date hand went straight into witness protection (or deep into my bathroom rug, also blue). Arrrrrrgh... anyone have a metal detector?

-Mach

1littlegreen

Sorry for all the troubles that seem to be happening guys. Maybe a magnet Mach?? kolchak??

kolchak
Sorry for all the troubles that seem to be happening guys. Maybe a magnet Mach?? kolchak??

Actually Tried searching with an industrial strength magnet 14 inches wide that can hold 20 12 ga rounds...... Swept the floor like a vacumn and its not there. Shit like this drive me crazy.