Sign in to follow this  
gogotsnail

2buywatch.co ???

gogotsnail

Anyone buy anything from this rather complete looking site? Can anyone RECOMMEND any of these sites?

czmilosz

Look in the trusted dealers section friend. They're you best bet.

HWG

Hello, welcome to the forum, please read in the new members section, and, if the website you are looking it is not listed on our Trusted Dealer list, I would advise to stay away.

Luthier

I highly recommend you to buy watches from "these" websites, you definitely deserve it. Gogogo...

<RJ>
:lostthread:

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

And my advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

conx

Chances are you would be waving good bye to your money. Our trusted dealers are the only sure way of not getting ripped off.

Welcome, btw.

onzenuub

Are you a spammer?

Sebastian7777

I think you should go for it. You should order 6 watches so you can get very good deal

:giggle:

Luthier

IWC Cousteau Divers - $438.

Swiss Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement at 28800vph,

The case of this cheap is high quality 316 stainless steel

The watch is complete with top grade genuine rubber strap

:rofl:

gogotsnail

Hey gang - thanks for the help etc. I'm NOT a spammer - I haven't a frigging clue what this rep watch thing is all about. I went to Bermuda last week and I just COULDN'T bring myself to drop 8K on the counter with my wife and kid depending on Dad to not be a crazy dad etc. That's two years of my kids summer camp, and his music lessons, and etc.

Here's a somewhat personal story - (even better than a bot could write.... ). My dad bequethed me his Rolex when he passed . When I was a kid, I used to play with this watch all the time. It was a late 60s Cosmograph - stainless, black face, white dials. Toward the end of his life my dads mental state was diminished (long term illness) and he got water in the watch, eventually breaking off the crown, as we all watched in horror. Nobody had the audacity to take it away from him - it was his favorite 'thing' etc. Anyhow, I have it now, it's got no salvagable parts (It's been up and down the line with restorers - it's a shame, as in GOOD shape it's worth a pretty decent German car here).

So - my dream was always to own a Rolex or two. That's how I 'wound up' (couldn't resist) here. I'm looking for a really really good Submariner, or a simple, black face Datejust II with dome and oyster band. Very simple, very elegant, fully automatic. Had a look at the trusted dealers - very helpful - I have no idea how this all works, but I figure that the 'price/value' ratio of Rolex CAN'T be right - I'm SURE that a Valjoux movement or a good ETA has to be good enough.

I would like one I could swim and snorkel with.

How does one reach dealers who don't have sites, like BK? I couldn't find a link on his page.

PS glad you guys are here.....

jeffw69

I would send a PM to BK and tell him what you want. He is great to deal with and in the USA.

Steve227

Welcome aboard, that's more like it! They all have sections here mate, click through and you should see an email address, falling that some might check their pm every now and then. Keep reading as there is tonnes of info available. Welcome again.

Sebastian7777

If you find a watch that you want on the trusted dealer websites you should go with watchinternational (Mary or Rochest) or Toro. You won't regret it!!!

gogotsnail

Thanks, Steve, Sebastian, etc. I'm sure it's heresy to ask this, but simple, monochromatic black face sub with good lume, good weight, ceramic etc. Who does that really right? Anything I should look for (like, ETA is the way to go, or etc?). It's crazy to think there is this whole industry for this that I have just stumbled on! LOL. Won't my boss be surprised when I arrive at work with an Audemars Royal Oak on my wrist someday <grin> Wife looking at me funny now....

onzenuub

Thanks, Steve, Sebastian, etc. I'm sure it's heresy to ask this, but simple, monochromatic black face sub with good lume, good weight, ceramic etc. Who does that really right? Anything I should look for (like, ETA is the way to go, or etc?). It's crazy to think there is this whole industry for this that I have just stumbled on! LOL. Won't my boss be surprised when I arrive at work with an Audemars Royal Oak on my wrist someday <grin> Wife looking at me funny now....

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=601

Luthier

Send your old Rollie to CLS, you'll get it back in pristine condition, Chris was autorized Rolex repairman for decades, and he can do miracles.

And post the pic. of this watch.

myaz

Here's a somewhat personal story -).

My dad bequethed me his Rolex when he passed ..................................Anyhow, I have it now, it's got no salvagable parts.

.......................I figure that the 'price/value' ratio of Rolex CAN'T be right - I'm SURE that a Valjoux movement or a good ETA has to be good enough..........

........................I would like one I could swim and snorkel with..................

........................How does one reach dealers who don't have sites, like BK? I couldn't find a link on his page...................

-A big welcome. Fine sentimental story you write about.

--Not sure if you mean that the price of a gen Rolex is way out of proportion to its value. However, a BK rollie with an ETA will put the biggest smile on your face and has plenty of value for its price.

-Gotta be careful with the snorkeling part. The manufacturing tolerances of reps don't have the quality controls of gens. BK does check water resistance for you and you should ask him about that and plenty of members have gone swimming with them but you won't get no "officially certified to....." certificate.

-I can vouch for BK, look at his feedback, people like his service.

Sebastian7777

Take Luthier advise and send it to CLS.

gogotsnail

Thanks Luthier. The gent I sent it to was the former head of Rolex service North America - has a large well respected business here in NJ. He gave me a full page - but the bottom line is that sea water did it in. My dad lived by the sea, and had a pool too. There wasn't enough of any particular part to save - face was gone, hand broken off, works rusted solid, links bent and bumped, both crown and pushers missing. I will get this watch back next week - I will post pictures - they are HEARTBREAKING. As a funny aside, he offered me a grand for the CASE which is all that's really left - that and the tach bezel.

gogotsnail

Dear Myaz - what I meant was that it seems impossible that the Rolex I looked at 10 years ago at 1850 is now 6000 (and was raised WHILE I WAS IN THE STORE to 6400). It just seems like the price/value ratio is off - I think we are saying the same thing - the smile factor will be big with a replica I think (I have plenty of Stratocasters not made by Fender that are quite amazing instruments).

Sebastian I will look for CLS - certainly nothing to lose.

Luthier

You should go to CLS section, you'll be very surprised, if you'll see, what he did to damaged dials. Just try.

Luthier

I have plenty of Stratocasters not made by Fender that are quite amazing instruments.

Only if it's Tokai pre-lawsuit Strats, mate...

Hey, another guitars aficionado here!!! We need guitars corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin.???

onzenuub

I have plenty of Stratocasters not made by Fender that are quite amazing instruments.

Only if it's Tokai pre-lawsuit Strats, mate...

Hey, another guitars aficionado here!!! We need guitars corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin.???

We all have to vote about this first.