Sign in to follow this  
phaedo

Bracelet pusher

phaedo

I have a sterile bracelet that has one of the release pushers come off. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the best way to get it working again - I have looked at how it is set up, and there are screws holding the pushers in. Obviously it was threaded or something, never even knew until I got home and couldn't take it off that the pusher was missing.

DSC00348c.jpg

Having a close look, it looks like ball bearings or similar that push in to release the bracelet, should I maybe try to file them down on the side that is missing, so it works again? Very frustrating over such a small part, have not worn it in a year, and don't want to drop the money for a whole new bracelet. If I can't find any solution here, I might have a look at a mall kiosk at the weekend, but somehow I doubt they will have a clue.

greg_r

Cheaper than a bracelet would be to pick up a deployant clasp - they use the same release mechanism and you should be able to swap the necessary bits over. Clasps occasionally crop up very cheaply on eBay - I picked one up recently on a rep strap for £15 inc shipping.

Silverspeed

Seems to me if you fill it down the clasp will not stay closed on that side of the clasp. But then again it might be worth a shot since it's already not really functioning.

You can always try to source a new clasp....

phaedo
Seems to me if you fill it down the clasp will not stay closed on that side of the clasp. But then again it might be worth a shot since it's already not really functioning.

You can always try to source a new clasp....

Yes, I had thought about that...

phaedo
Cheaper than a bracelet would be to pick up a deployant clasp - they use the same release mechanism and you should be able to swap the necessary bits over. Clasps occasionally crop up very cheaply on eBay - I picked one up recently on a rep strap for £15 inc shipping.

Thanks Greg, didn't know that, Breitlings are more my style. :) But I do have my phantom homage and a 113.