Sign in to follow this  
tc670207

TC's Trip to China 7/7

tc670207

I'm home. There are a few TC Subs I need to finish for members so I'll be slow in response on PM and emails in the following few days. I also want to finish two of my articles: Tour to the dial and hands factory, and Tour to the TC 93250 V3 Bracelet factory before memories are still fresh. They're vital evidences the top league Swiss brands out-source their manufacturing in China. One of a major Swiss brand is so out of the line the entire manufacturing and assembling are done in China, the movements in the watches we think Swiss made and hold value in are actually made in and assembled in Thailand.

My seller introduced me to the Asian Clone ETA movement maker. We had a pleasant morning meeting talking about future possibilities of clone ETA. My seller also introduced me to the SA3135 movement maker. We had a night long talk reviewing spec charts and manufacturing how-to. It was pleasant for geeks like us.

Edited: I received an email from a fellow member suggesting not to reveal crucial information about the SA3135 V2 because the Chinese Communist Party's protecting umbrella doesn't reach too far in the Western hemisphere. I dig that. I would discuss the movement matter with you later.

I met one of my seller's senior fellow apprentice and he showed my his latest project in ceramic:

hublot-01.jpg

hublot-02.jpg

Real cool project!

sam77

that 3135 looks soooooo Gen :thumbsup2:

ks653

This is awesome mate! Hope your trip was successful!

fatarms

That movement is beautiful.

sam77

here's the gen

Rolex16.jpg

cromag

Wow! Very kewl. Can't wait to hear more details.

Balad1

Great information, thanks.

Amit

Awesome. Can't wait to hear more.

SmqSub

Great stuff. Thanks TC.

onionbag

Now this is what I call the real inside track................fascinating! :)

emmune

awesome

Silverspeed

Very fascinating stuff...........is there a Sub TT in the nearbuy future??..... :Whistle:

Arism

damn, does that 3135 look good or what? :thumbsup:

conx

Great stuff. Did the 3135 maker mention anything about developing a clone of the Rolex Gmt movement with chs. This would be a killer movement.

Balad1

What happened to the 3135 movement photo, it was sweet?

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

Man... A trip to China seem more and more appealing already!

baruch

I'm home. There are a few TC Subs I need to finish for members so I'll be slow in response on PM and emails in the following few days. I also want to finish two of my articles: Tour to the dial and hands factory, and Tour to the TC 93250 V3 Bracelet factory before memories are still fresh. They're vital evidences the top league Swiss brands out-source their manufacturing in China. One of a major Swiss brand is so out of the line the entire manufacturing and assembling are done in China, the movements in the watches we think Swiss made and hold value in are actually made in and assembled in Thailand.

My seller introduced me to the Asian Clone ETA movement maker. We had a pleasant morning meeting talking about future possibilities of clone ETA. My seller also introduced me to the SA3135 movement maker. We had a night long talk reviewing spec charts and manufacturing how-to. It was pleasant for geeks like us.

Edited: I received an email from a fellow member suggesting not to reveal crucial information about the SA3135 V2 because the Chinese Communist Party's protecting umbrella doesn't reach too far in the Western hemisphere. I dig that. I would discuss the movement matter with you later.

I met one of my seller's senior fellow apprentice and he showed my his latest project in ceramic:

hublot-01.jpg

hublot-02.jpg

Real cool project!

Fellow members, im shocked that they do this. I found several info on some of the boards like rolexforum.com that some say the case is made in China and some body else says thats not true. Can somebody shed more light on this subject?

Thanks for reading mine post, and im interested in youre opinions and knowledge.

Greets,

Baruch

"One of a major Swiss brand is so out of the line the entire manufacturing and assembling are done in China, the movements in the watches we think Swiss made and hold value in are actually made in and assembled in Thailand"

Member X

Luthier has said that he knows the factory that makes Gen Breitling clasps, so I imagine it is entirely possible that some of the big brands do use China-sourced components but are very secretive about it.

baruch

WAUWWW!!! This is just crazy!!!!!

Actually we are just getting (excuse mine french) getting screwed.

I really like to know what more brands: Rolex, Cartier, Audemars Piguet are made in china or there parts?

Whell I really like to know some more information about this, so if anybody knows something or information. Let us all know please :D

Thankyou for taking the time.

Greets,

Baruch