Sign in to follow this  
James.

Few snaps from the Philippines

admiralsas

a81bc9c4.jpg

What is the watch on the second shelf down on the far right; black dial, light brown strap? Looks like something I should have in rep format. lol

machiavegli

I loved this thread. More like this!

-Mach

James.

a81bc9c4.jpg

What is the watch on the second shelf down on the far right; black dial, light brown strap? Looks like something I should have in rep format. lol

That shelf was all iwc. In Patek boxes for some reason... Dunno what it is but I'll be going back. I love the ingy on the same shelf on the left.

admiralsas

That shelf was all iwc. In Patek boxes for some reason... Dunno what it is but I'll be going back. I love the ingy on the same shelf on the left.

K, when you go back, find out for me!!!!! :D that whole shelf is epic.

Member X

954354c1.jpg

So complicated that they got confused and put the strap on the wrong way?? :lol:

That fertilised egg shit is rank though - why the fuck would anyone eat that?!? :vomit:

Jetpants

Because it's delicious. It's duck by the way, not chicken.

James.

hahaha it's not that delicious, I was drunk and got coerced into it.

re the patek upside down strap, I thought so too, BUT I checked a few others there too... all the same! Must be a Patek thing..,,. maybe because it's on a deployant.

Member X

Because it's delicious. It's duck by the way, not chicken.

Weirdo!! I can't eat food that looks that wrong lol

Jetpants

re the patek upside down strap, I thought so too, BUT I checked a few others there too... all the same! Must be a Patek thing..,,. maybe because it's on a deployant.

Taste is subjective. For example I'd rather brush my teeth with with dogshit than eat brussels sprouts. Balut on the other hand I find delicious.

Filipino food is under highly underated. Its not often anyone can beat the Chinese at their own own game. But sio pau is a good example (pau or pork buns).

Op, if you haven't tried yet be sure to ask for some bagoong. Masarap! He he he.

sent from the future.

Edited by Jetpants

James.

Taste is subjective. For example I'd rather brush my teeth with with dogshit than eat brussels sprouts. Balut on the other hand I find delicious.

Filipino food is under highly underated. Its not often anyone can beat the Chinese at their own own game. But sio pau is a good example (pau or pork buns).

Op, if you haven't tried yet be sure to ask for some bagoong. Masarap! He he he.

sent from the future.

It tastes just like boiled egg. Added some vinegar and salt to drink the liquid. Looks foul, tastes... rather unremarkable IMO neither here nor there. The rest of the filo food, amazing. Masarup indeed. I'll be needing 3-a-days @ the gym after this trip I think :facepalm:

Member X

I can't believe it tastes like hard egg yolk, surely it is a lot more chewy than that? With bones and stuff?! :unsure:

James.

Didnt eat the duck...I draw the line on occasion

LHOOQ

semaj: Let me know if you're going to be around the Makati area. I'll buy you a Coke. ;)

James.

semaj: Let me know if you're going to be around the Makati area. I'll buy you a Coke. ;)

Very gracious of you, im actually staying in Makati atm a stones throw from greenbelt mall. However, I leave on Sunday and i've had quite a hectic shedual for the last few days and tomorrow will be no different. I will however be back in September probably in Makati again for a few days post Cebu, if so I'll be down for the coke, as long as I can mix some boubon into it too. Failing Sept, I'm back in Nov too lol I love this place!

Quick update - no pics yet i'm affraid. Took plenty on my iphone but the hotel wifi is rubbish so it'll have to wait until sunday. Got about 5-60 photos of the greenhills stalls from today. Picked up a ceramic blue PO and B&R FOR $60 AND $40 respectivly. Anything with a 28000bph mvt is crazy $$$, starting price upwards of $700 for a 243 :facepalm:

I did however educate one of the poor store girls trying to fleece a V2 AP diver for $500, I had the topic recently posted from here of the v2 vs v3 open on my phone so I showed them the subtle differences, see how low she'd go to on price. Turns out the lowest was about $300 so pretty fail on that one.

all in all quite satisfied with my 3 pick ups here, and a new 12 slot box for $15, Quality is reasonable, the sort of stuff you get for around $100 on TS etc but i cannopt complain for 1/ that price. I hope I don't get too much grief from customs on my way home, I've 6 watches now, 4 in a travel case, might just wear the other 2.

Pics on Sunday, I promise. Or sooner if this damn wifi sorts itself out.

oh and by the way the to those inq into the cost of the watch boxes, they dont sell them :(

James.

photobucket success!!!

ok, here we go;

something for mazz;

$1500 peso, so like $30 AUD

51e6185a.jpg

e4631f6c.jpg

didnt know there was such a thing as a "seiko" boutique

f2783321.jpg

my new babies

outside the hotel

8ff94061.jpg

in the new box

c47e3da7.jpg

at the entrance to the mall...hmmmmm :lol:

3651dbea.jpg

e49b5c53.jpg

inside :D

8f180c09.jpg

7d8a1b86.jpg

c6569de4.jpg

6531dbb5.jpg

74655462.jpg

8f915eaf.jpg

67de9bb2.jpg

83283b0d.jpg

4d5f02ea.jpg

762b5003.jpg

70c6e7a2.jpg

dbad9a47.jpg

6ebb7412.jpg

052efbef.jpg

9f89437c.jpg

a8000e18.jpg

something for graman ;)

bcbb1c9c.jpg

YoungGPS

Nice pics James. Hope to meet you too in September.

James.

Yes! Makati drinking session gtg in Sept (14th preferably) if anyone is keen.

Republiq tonight, yeow!

YoungGPS

Have a great time!

James.

Will do, half pissed wristies to come most likely :facepalm:

Crusader

lol @ gold DSSD with white dial :D

Great pics mate, thanks for sharing, really nice to see so many watches on one place. I wouldn't be able to resist buying at least 10 of them, but then I would be detailed searched on the airport :lol:

I hope you will be problem-free with your new watchbox.

jeffw69

Love the IWC in a Patek box. :lol:

James.

Love the IWC in a Patek box. :lol:

Yeah, silly pilo's ;) I wanted the box more then the watch but no dice. A few of the stalls had extra's, what they claimed to be "swiss" etc, in steel breifcase watch boxes, hold about 12 in each half. Wouldn't sell that to me either :( fml

Frankt8242

Wow...The PI peso has really taken a nosedive since I was last there!!...In '65 it was 4/1 to the US $$....Now it's 41/1!!!

watch_lover

wow ganda watches.... what a loot.... great pics

Stay Dry... heavy rain is on the way......baha will follow...

Edited by watch_lover