Sign in to follow this  
ferret_of_war

any ideas on removing DSSD bezel?

ferret_of_war

i have a noob factory DSSD. i did the floss mod, and now its jammed up and does not click and spins both ways. i want to remove the bezel and clean under it.

DarkGlass

I'd take a cigarette lighter and burn off the floss, it will go quickly and doesn't leave residue

SteveA

I'd take a cigarette lighter and burn off the floss, it will go quickly and doesn't leave residue

Ive got exactly the same problem and wouldnt recommend this method,Ive tried and all I get is a dirty black watch.

Anyone else know what to do here ?

10:10 Watch Repair

um,

remove the movement, the crystal and then the insert, try and pry the bezel up while sticking a small screwdriver between bezel and case to free the wire.

see post below yours.

Trolex

Just a word of warning, if you try to remove the bezel the same way you can on a sub or something else, you'll bend it. Ask me how I know... I did the same thing with the floss, then got all pissed off when it ruined the bezel's rotation. It did come off though lol :)

KeNnY

the rep factories are putting the bezel assembly with hammer, THinkbachs was successful of removing the bezel with correct tool that cost around 100 Euro, basically 4 blades, 1 on each side, you can buy it here

http://watchbitz.com...d&productId=182

DSC01467.JPG

I can say that is only one safe method to remove the bezel.

Some tips and tricks from Thinkbachs

Lesson number 1: make sure your watch case is firmly seated. I tried again with the case in a different position. Lesson number

2: no mater how hard you crank, it doesn't matter.

Put the case in the defective bezel remover tool and tighten to something that feels nice and

firm. THEN, use a wedge to pop the bezel off. In my haste, I used one of my chisels. Since I am having the case bead blasted, I

wasn't worried about damaging the finish- at least that's how I consoled myself after noticing the superficial mark I left on the

brushed finish.

DO NOT USE A CHISEL!

I'm sure that some other form of wedge would work better as long as it's something like a nice hard plastic- maybe a decent ice

scraper.... use your imagination, just as long as it's not metal.

I forgot to mention that after removing the bezel, you want to remove that little clicker thing! You'll be up sheet creek

if you lose it!!!!! Put it some place safe or you'll be the one crying!

As a side note, these rep cases only come with one, whereas the gen comes with 4. Makes for a very nice smooth rotating bezel.

Not sure if I'm going to try to do that on this one also- maybe if I can put the parts together.

Don't forget to take out the plastic ring that holds the crystal in place. Now to clean the parts, take a look at the case and make

sure the bezel turns nice and smooth on it (without the spring in place). I noticed that there was some kind of damage- probably

from me trying to remove the bezel a long time ago with a blade, so I'll be fixing that before it goes for bead blasting and coating.

The Pictures there were are no longer avaible, that is sad because they would help you a lot. So I say contact him. But I tell you know, you will probably damage the case , scratch it, bent something, break something.

As a side note, these rep cases only come with one, whereas the gen comes with 4. Makes for a very nice smooth rotating bezel.

Not sure if I'm going to try to do that on this one also- maybe if I can put the parts together.

The gen only has one bezel click and three ball bearings BTW.

KeNnY

The gen only has one bezel click and three ball bearings BTW.

Yup quoted from here :)

http://www.replica-w...ight=thinkbachs

Picture for interested of gen

RWIDSSD7.jpg

RWIDSSD8.jpg

offshore

@ Kenny, Even with that proper bezel tool, some don't budge. Others just destroy the bezel.

Ask TB, he knows!

Offshore

@ Kenny, Even with that proper bezel tool, some don't budge. Others just destroy the bezel.

Ask TB, he knows!

Offshore

+1

I have a bezel tool. If the bezel is put on with a bent wire system, it will bend most of the time. That tool is not designed to remove the rep rotating bezels.

ferret_of_war

yeah i tried gasoline, paint thinner, blow torch, nothing gets rid of the teflon based floss. just going to forgo the clicking part, and have a discolored non clicking rep. do not use heat.

Luthier

Send it to CLS. Success guaranteed.

ferret_of_war

ok, the discolored metal was getting to me, so i bought some cape cod cloth, worked like magic, i over polished one lug and made it shiny, used a scotch bright green pad and rebrushed it, but the color it back to normal. and shiny. still does not click. but it all sealed up and ready for swimming. crystal is pressed in better.

Zokim

how can I contact CLS or another person that can mod my DSSD. I messed up my dial too.

Wardy

how can I contact CLS or another person that can mod my DSSD. I messed up my dial too.

Send him a pm...he's a member here.

fatarms

He changed his nic to 10:10 Watch Repair, his post is about 5 or so above yours in this thread.