Sign in to follow this  
Del

Picked up a nice Chopard on RWI...

Del

I think I got a bargain on a this amazing Chopard GTXL chrono from an RWI member. It originally came from Toro (it's the $478 best version) and has never been worn.

The watch was at a bargain price because there are some small marks on two of the sub-dials and a little question mark over the movement (possibly not auto-winding correctly) but I am over the moon with it! The marks are very minor (although would be annoying if you'd paid full price for it) but I've not been able to check the auto-winding yet as I gave it a short hand wind today (I suspect it's ok though because it was running when I took it out of the package, plus I can hear it winding when I give it a swirl.)

This has the Asian copy Valgranes A07.211 movement with working chrono and the overall quality is excellent. I've wanted this model for a while so I'm am very happy! :D

Oh, and the price? $250 delivered! :nana:

And a quick pic for you all..........(I will do a full photoshoot of this beauty in due course! ;) )

7584716752_c14d62963b_b.jpg

onionbag

Big 12 and 6! What's not to like, and that price.........ya bandit ye. :D

Miracle

LOVE IT

midasmook

Nice pick up Del. Can't wait to try it on.

dalboy

Bargain basement !!! what a man.

Way to go Del............good luck with it.

Dal.

Corv99

it was you!! I was looking at this as well :giggle:

nice one, and a bargain too well done mate.

the marks are really minor, but good of him to point out, and obviously discount!

NCRich

Very nice Del! Congrats.

Del

Yes, I like a good bargain! :D

The watch is stunning, it really is. I have it on just now and can't stop looking at it! :giggle:

bklynboy

Nice complications, do you have any thoughts regards the strap?

Del

Nice complications, do you have any thoughts regards the strap?

I love the strap! Classic Chopard with deployant. Perfecto. ;)

baxter

Beautiful Del i was just over on perfect clones ( as i usually am when i should be in bed ) looking at that very model and thought i'd pop over here to read some reviews and would you believe it you've just picked up a bargain - it seems it's all it's cracked up to be then ? Another one on the list - enjoy it mate it's lovely!!

powderfreak

Interesting movement, didn't read much about it, do you have any more info on how it compares to the A7750?

Oh and by the way that was a good bargain and an excellent choice, was thinking about one of those, too :)

Del

Thanks guys! :)

@ powder - I really don't know much about this movement or if it will be reliable. I basically took a punt on it! :D

Silverspeed

Beautiful Chopard....great choice Del

This was one of the first 'Super Reps', extremely close to gen

I had one of those a few years ago....this one is actually one I regret selling...

Crusader

Very nice mate, congrats, this was a total steal! :P

I also love this strap, but it's kinda too big, even if I put it to the last hole, there is still some space between the strap and my wrist. And punching new hole is close to impossible, so thick and rubbery :D

grb

I'm not congratulating you. You know what I think. I think you are a snivelling little git, who has no consideration you'd take the snot off somebodies nose....... I was so close :giggle:

Well done it looks even better than before you went on holiday.

Anyway still try a brown strap

Del

Beautiful Chopard....great choice Del

This was one of the first 'Super Reps', extremely close to gen

I had one of those a few years ago....this one is actually one I regret selling...

Thanks Silver - I am very impressed with it and didn't actually realise how good a rep it is! :thumbsup2:

Very nice mate, congrats, this was a total steal! :P

I also love this strap, but it's kinda too big, even if I put it to the last hole, there is still some space between the strap and my wrist. And punching new hole is close to impossible, so thick and rubbery :D

Thanks! I'm using the last hole and it fits perfectly - your wrist must be even more girly than mine! :nana:

I'm not congratulating you. You know what I think. I think you are a snivelling little git, who has no consideration you'd take the snot off somebodies nose....... I was so close :giggle:

Well done it looks even better than before you went on holiday.

Anyway still try a brown strap

:rofl: I'd like to say I'm sorry but I can't! :P

A brown strap would certainly suit the grey dial but I'd need to get one that fitted the deployant - it's too nice not to use. We'll see. ;)

grb

I was going to put this on our watch. Chopard is 23mm but this came off a Panerai 24/22mm

If you want to borrow or try it I will lend it to you

DSC_0001.jpg

Del

I was going to put this on our watch. Chopard is 23mm but this came off a Panerai 24/22mm

If you want to borrow or try it I will lend it to you

Thanks mate, much appreciated but I think you'd have to modify the strap to fit the 23mm Chopard and I'd rather not do that to your strap.

I really like the rubber strap for now but maybe I'll get a custom made 23mm strap some day. ;)

grb

24mm Giovanni et Figlio unmodified (I'm like a born again christian, this is my last word on it. Of course until you want to sell our watch, and I don't want to see it advertised when you eventually get fed up with it as you undoubtedly will do)

IMGP1828.jpg

YoungGPS

Wow!

boci

Hey Del,

Now that you had this for almost a year, any issues with the movement?

I am thinking about getting the same watch (absolutely love it) with the same movement. However, like the most of us could not find lots of reference regarding Asian Valgranes A07.211.

Thanks!

Del

Paging baxter! (He has it now! ;) )

boci

Thanks Del! The reason I ask is to see if the extra $100 is worth for Valgranes over the regular A7750.

Creechin

Lucky Bastard................................................................ :fme: