Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

My new watch box

greg_r

Just a quick and dirty snap of the new watch box my Missus gave me this morning. As I've said elsewhere, it's 40 capacity so this plus my other box (10 capacity from AceTimer) should keep me going for a while.

You will note, however, that three of my wife's watches have made their way in there..... B)

The box is by Modalo and the build quality is superb - I love the finish of the wood and it's really solidly made. I think the missus paid around £100 for it including shipping from Germany.

My only criticism of the box is that some of my bigger watches (PAMs, BR01) are a bit of a tight fit as the individual sections are rather narrow. If it comes to it, those can live in the other box, which has slightly wider pillows.

Photo below shows all but two of our watches (the two we're wearing today) in the box.

watchbox1208.jpg

Guest dave123

Nice looking box,enjoy it in 'good health' as they say.... B)

How much money is 100 funny looking L's?...

bme

What a great birthday present Greg. Just wondering where you keep the Breitlings? B)

Have a pint from me tonight.....the big 5 0 is well worth celebrating!

oscarmadfish

very nice greg B)

now get the fooker filled :lol:

greg_r
Nice looking box,enjoy it in 'good health' as they say.... B)

How much money is 100 funny looking L's?...

At the current exchange rate £100 equals about $150USD

greg_r
What a great birthday present Greg. Just wondering where you keep the Breitlings? :lol:

Have a pint from me tonight.....the big 5 0 is well worth celebrating!

Well, I've got one in there (a cheapie Flying B chrono that I never wear - I like the look of the watch, but hate faux chronos and have so far just about managed to talk myself out of buying a good rep - I think they're currently too expensive for what they are). Basically, I'm not a big Breit fan anyhow. No doubt one or two will appear at some point, however - can't avoid 'em for ever ;)

Pint being drunk as I type this. Cheers! ;)

very nice greg B)

now get the fooker filled :rofl:

lol - I'm trying to avoid doing that too quickly. :)

Demsey

Nice! As nice as the gift is, so is the fact she gave you the 40X model. That is a sign of encouragement! Most wives would have given you the 10X one. B)

Edited by Demsey

greg_r
Nice! As nice as the gift is, so is the fact she gave you the 40X model. That is a sign of encouragement! Most wives would have given you the 10X one. B)

:)

I thought so too. I think she's a keeper :lol:

JohnG

Sweet gift! Did you also have a winder already? I seem to recall you bought one...

When are you going to do a photo spread of your entire collection?

greg_r
Sweet gift! Did you also have a winder already? I seem to recall you bought one...

When are you going to do a photo spread of your entire collection?

Yup - I have a fairly basic winder, but I don't store watches in it. I also have another watch box, but that's empty at the moment. I doubt it'll stay that way, however :Jumpy:

The above shot is fairly close to the whole collection - it's only missing the VC (which I was wearing at the time). I keep meaning to do a decent full photo spread, though - will get it done sometime soon :drunksing:

onzenuub

Nice box you did get from the missus :drunksing:

iabounty

Nice B day preasent Greg. You have a very thoughtful "better half". Congratulations on both. :lol: