Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

Houndoggie's Last Replica is his First Replica....

houndoggie

I was going through my junk parts box and found this Submariner rep I purchased from SwissReplicaStore.com, one of the scam sites. It was my first rep purchase before finding the fora and luckily, it "only" cost me $115. It was supposed to be a no date Submariner, but at least I got a watch. After a marker came loose in the case and an unsuccesful attempt at removing the cross thread caseback, I tossed it in a dark corner and forgot about it.

For nostalgia sake I decided to fix the marker. I ended up having to epoxy a stick to the caseback and was able to remove it that way. Inside, a found a decent 21j auto and a plastic spacer. Suprisingly, the stem had a gasket, the tube had a gasket, and the crown had a gasket. I fixed the loose index and greased all the gaskets up and put the caseback on. I broke off the stick and sanded the remaining epoxy away. So far it is keeping good time so I put it on a velcro strap and will use it to put up my Christmas lights and a general beater watch.

And no, I am not going to sell it, so don't even start making me offers!!

P1010649.jpg

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Neat.

I must have missed it, but judging by the thread title, I take it that there's been a change in your collecting habits.

P_Diddy

it looks nice :Whistle:

houndoggie
Neat.

I must have missed it, but judging by the thread title, I take it that there's been a change in your collecting habits.

LOL.. I've been giving Joewatch a run for his money on the amount of watches I have been selling on RG the past 2 months.. except my stuff doesn't take 2 weeks to sell.

But, yep. That Submariner is my last rep. I bought a bunch of gen Omega's, a Hamilton, a TAG :Whistle:, and treated my wife to nice little shopping spree on the proceeds. That is why I sold the glow paint and the parts. No need for them anymore. But I still am interested in homages and am not turning my back on the community.

P_Diddy

HD

any particular reason for letting go of reps and moving to homage instead?

on the subject of gen, do you service your Omega regularly ie every 5 years or until it stops working?

what is the approx cost of routine service for Omega non chrono?

But, yep. That Submariner is my last rep. I bought a bunch of gen Omega's, a Hamilton, a TAG :Whistle:, and treated my wife to nice little shopping spree on the proceeds. That is why I sold the glow paint and the parts. No need for them anymore. But I still am interested in homages and am not turning my back on the community.

dingle
Neat.

LOL.. I've been giving Joewatch a run for his money on the amount of watches I have been selling on RG the past 2 months.. except my stuff doesn't take 2 weeks to sell.

:Whistle::)

fakemaster

Amazing how it works isn't it? You toss something away. Then down the road decide to give it another go and it works out.

AustinTech

I love stories like that. That Rolex makes a nice beater. I assume the Velcro strap is comfy.

NFleischer

i guess you'd call that the alpha-omega of reps, no pun intended with the gen po,jejeje.

i keep saying i'm done collecting reps, i have slowed down alot. i can't seem to get rid of them.