Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

JLC Navy Seals Diver rep

Greenhat

It’s no secret that watch companies are, by and large, run by marketing departments nowadays. And, certainly, watch companies have capitalized on their selection by mountain climbers, militaries and astronauts for decades. But the difference is, in the past, most of these pieces were purpose-built and then adopted or adapted by the groups that used them. Associated marketing inevitably followed. But the JLC Navy SEALs watches are no more than a pure marketing stunt conceived not by the Navy SEALs but by JLC. Are we to really believe that this elite fighting force was looking for a $10K analog mechanical timepiece to replace its indestructible multifunction plastic digital watches?

to read Greenhat's full article :lol:

http://www.askmen.co...ls-watches.html

FFS you ave just blown my cover on my day job ,you hand job

I knew it was you - Snob indeed!!

Its not easy to come into RWG and make out you are Thick ................i mean just look at Pinky? now there a masterclass at work

Luthier

This watch looks like a hybrid of Sub with Fifty Fantoms. Also - JLC for Navy Seals??? Can you imagine Lange or Cartier for Commandos???

Absurd.

Lord Flashheart

Jeffrey, I'm very sorry to hear of the problem with your latest acquisition, despite my somewhat flippant comment about clubbing seals, I do find myself admiring the timepiece in question.

I'm also sorry to see that you are once more having to cope with an onslaught of drivel from our resident primeval throwback. I'm sure you do not require my backing in what is obviously a one sided battle of wits against an unarmed opponent. I can only assume that his behaviour is the result of a few botched parachute descents resulting in head first landings.

May I also compliment you on the sartorial elegance demonstrated by your good self in another thread. I thought your off the peg suit looked adequately presentable.

jeffw69

Thank you my Lord.

gB.

Jeffrey, I'm very sorry to hear of the problem with your latest acquisition, despite my somewhat flippant comment about clubbing seals, I do find myself admiring the timepiece in question.

Do you like it better than the Hublot Classic Fusion you own m'lud...?

:popcorn:

Lord Flashheart

Do you like it better than the Hublot Classic Fusion you own m'lud...?

I assume that this is another lame attempt to identify me as the sock puppet of someone else? Very well, out of the 21,000 members you've only incorrectly accused me of being 5 or 6 of them so far, who am I supposed to be today?

seclark007

RichardMiami

Jeff .. too bad the thing stopped!

At least you can take solace in the fact that you write your own posts.... :rofl: when GH got busted for copying the Watch Snob, it was the best laugh I had all day!

And since then all he can do is fall back on his silly habit of coming up with gay-oriented nick names.... I think over 90% of his posts are gay related somehow.. at least we know where his orientation is!

:rolf: :rofl::rofl:

gB.

I assume that this is another lame attempt to identify me as the sock puppet of someone else? Very well, out of the 21,000 members you've only incorrectly accused me of being 5 or 6 of them so far, who am I supposed to be today?

:huh:

I merely asked if you like the JLC better than the Hublot Classic Fusion you had previously stated you were fond of. Why so touchy m'lud? I thought you were supposed to be the forum beacon of all things good and proper lost in today's world...?

And while you brought the subject up, why do you never post a wrist check pic of you actually wearing a watch? Would love to see some nice pics of your high end collection in the wrist check thread.

jeffw69

Jeff .. too bad the thing stopped!

At least you can take solace in the fact that you write your own posts.... :rofl: when GH got busted for copying the Watch Snob, it was the best laugh I had all day!

And since then all he can do is fall back on his silly habit of coming up with gay-oriented nick names.... I think over 90% of his posts are gay related somehow.. at least we know where his orientation is!

:rolf: :rofl::rofl:

:lol:

Watch out Richard, he is going to start in on you again. Greenie the meanie! :rofl:

Lord Flashheart

:huh:

I merely asked if you like the JLC better than the Hublot Classic Fusion you had previously stated you were fond of. Why so touchy m'lud? I thought you were supposed to be the forum beacon of all things good and proper lost in today's world...?

And while you brought the subject up, why do you never post a wrist check pic of you actually wearing a watch? Would love to see some nice pics of your high end collection in the wrist check thread.

I don't recall ever saying I had a "high end" nor any other kind of collection. If I wish to know the time I enquire of a member of my staff. In my position one is never late, others are just premature, a problem with which I am sure you are familiar. I have made no secret that I am a member of the forum primarily as an experiment in social interaction with those elements I would otherwise not engage in conversation. Elements such as the lower classes, the intellectually challenged and foreigners, which is why I so enjoy your attendance in a thread, I can tick three boxes in one fell swoop.

If I have previously expressed admiration for a Hublot then I apologise, I have no recollection of such a thing, but then I have many other more pressing matters to remember.

jeffw69
:lmao2:

dingle

:lol:

gB.

I don't recall ever saying I had a "high end" nor any other kind of collection. If I wish to know the time I enquire of a member of my staff. In my position one is never late, others are just premature, a problem with which I am sure you are familiar. I have made no secret that I am a member of the forum primarily as an experiment in social interaction with those elements I would otherwise not engage in conversation. Elements such as the lower classes, the intellectually challenged and foreigners, which is why I so enjoy your attendance in a thread, I can tick three boxes in one fell swoop.

If I have previously expressed admiration for a Hublot then I apologise, I have no recollection of such a thing, but then I have many other more pressing matters to remember.

Rolleyes%20Puking%20Rolleyes.gif

The song from Gibby Haynes seems to come to mind here...

Realism
:trainwreck:

powderfreak

Jeff, sorry to hear about the watch... why don't you open it and take a look inside?

BTW, are we talking navy seals like those:

demotivational-poster-5fk5wympqr-NAVY-SEALS.jpg

Del

Total bummer about the watch Jeff. It's so disappointing when something like this happens. :(

I hope you can find another nice watch to wear in the meantime......;)

gB.

BTW, are we talking navy seals like those:

Yep, it was these...

seal.jpg

gB.

If I wish to know the time I enquire of a member of my staff. In my position one is never late, others are just premature

Seems the proper thing to do then m'lud, as a contributing member of this forum, is to post some pics of your member of staff who provides you the time. That would make for an interesting wrist check pic.

:)

F-350

what a nice timepiece!

Kaiser

Too bad Jeff, always sucks when this happens. Hopefully it'll be a quick and easy fix

dalboy

Shit everything was looking good too..now its all in the piss ole.!!

Never mind Jeff, look on the plus side..it will be 100% right time twice a day....something unheard of in reps.. :giggle:

Sorry to hear about this mate, must say you seem calmer than me !!! mate , i would be fucking pissed.. thats it , back off my list

Dal..

Edited by dalboy

conx

Should have bought the sellita movement - you cheapskate. :)

Only kidding, sorry to hear this. The luck of the draw with reps i guess.

jeffw69

Yep, luck of the draw.

Only second dud in like 30+ reps, so not bad.

powderfreak

Yep, luck of the draw.

Only second dud in like 30+ reps, so not bad.

Very good actually, at least from what I have experienced/heard :)