Sign in to follow this  
M4rtin

Seamaster 300 could use some help for ordering

M4rtin

Hello all, I'm asking for some help so I can place order with most likely Mary from Winternational.

I want to buy Seamaster 300, in one of the 3 variations on the picture below, however I don't like the bracelet on them, so one of my questions would be what would be the step to changing the bracelet to PO style bracelet.

My second question, is what movement, as far as rep's go, do they even make Quartz ? It would be my frist watch, present to myself for my wedding, I wear crappy watches 2-3 times a weak for few hours after work.

Could you tell me as much info as you can to help me order the watch, I'm too inpatient and would love to order asap, but I know that for the next 2 weeks I'll be reading this forum try to take out as much info as I can get.

watch11.jpg

Links to watches above

http://www.omegawatc.../21230412001003

http://www.omegawatc.../21230412001002

http://www.omegawatc.../21230416101001

jeffw69

I believe, and I could be wrong, that the SMP and PO are totally different cases, so the bracelet would not be compatible.

onzenuub

I believe, and I could be wrong, that the SMP and PO are totally different cases, so the bracelet would not be compatible.

Make up your mind, yes or no. :)

Cyril_Clunge

Certainly on the gens you can't fit a PO bracelet to an SMP

onionbag

The Seamaster bracelet is a classic design, completely synonymous with the watch, to seperate them would be a travesty.

7132654069_ebab92a038.jpg

Omega Seamaster 300 M GMT by Hugh Hoddim and Al Doddim, on Flickr

UmpaHimself

The SMP Chrono 2954.52.00 however has more of a Speedmaster style band that you might like more

25945200-20.png

onionbag

The Seamaster bracelet is a classic design, completely synonymous with the watch, to seperate them would be a travesty.

7132654069_ebab92a038.jpg

Omega Seamaster 300 M GMT by Hugh Hoddim and Al Doddim, on Flickr

but you did!!!!

Rules are made to be broken...............stupid rules. :P

jeffw69

My second question, is what movement, as far as rep's go, do they even make Quartz ? It would be my frist watch, present to myself for my wedding, I wear crappy watches 2-3 times a weak for few hours after work.

Could you tell me as much info as you can to help me order the watch, I'm too inpatient and would love to order asap, but I know that for the next 2 weeks I'll be reading this forum try to take out as much info as I can get.

Please do some reading in the new member section regarding watch movements.

Also, check out the Omega section.

M4rtin

With the bracelet I don't mean it has to be PO bracelet, I just meant style.

Crusader

Since I got a feeling you are after a good rep, I suggest you get yourself Planet Ocean. SMP is a great watch, but there isn't a rep out there same quality as UPO.

The first one from the left isn't repped as far as I know, it's the new, ceramic version. There is a version of the second from the left, but it's not really good for the money. It has lots of tells, same as my 21j cheapie.

Maybe you can have a look at Planet Ocean with 4813 movement, great looking watch for starters (and pros).

M4rtin

Yes, I want to buy a good rep, rather spend a bit more and be more happy.

Luthier

SMP bracelet is just one of the most beautiful bracelets ever. Regarding the watch - I'd go for #3, with red SEAMASTER.

M4rtin

Ok, if you say that Planet Ocean is better rep than 300 than I'll grab myself the PO as my first watch.

I'm a little time constrain, leaving from canada to Europe for my wedding in 1 month, so I need to order asap.

Now I guess I need a dealer for this one http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/22015000

UmpaHimself

Get the special from Mary. Wont let you down trust me. It's $145 and I can't stop staring at mine. I like it more than the $300 Tag rep I have.

UmpaHimself

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

SB56667

IMG_2182.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

UmpaHimself

:drool: :drool: :drool:

That's how I feel even when I'm wearing it.

Luthier

You envy yourself, Umpa?

:D

UmpaHimself

You envy yourself, Umpa?

:D

I just thought that it would be a long time before I saw this watch on my wrist (before I found this forum). Makes me so happy.

Luthier

Happy for you, mate. I love mine too.

UmpaHimself

Happy for you, mate. I love mine too.

I owe my joy to this forum... seriously.

Crusader

Ok, if you say that Planet Ocean is better rep than 300 than I'll grab myself the PO as my first watch.

I'm a little time constrain, leaving from canada to Europe for my wedding in 1 month, so I need to order asap.

Now I guess I need a dealer for this one http://www.omegawatc...-ocean/22015000

For the Ultimate Planet Ocean (UPO) with ETA clone you will have to contact Mary/Rochest by email, but here is also great alternative with 4813 movement, like the one from Umpa's pics:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=28921&st=0

WebWind

Regarding the watch - I'd go for #3, with red SEAMASTER.

So you are now in love with quartz movements? :D