RolexAddict

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

Demsey
I think a great many forum users would be better off down the pub, but then they would probably empty them (my local pub is owned by Brains Brewery - one of the few not in Wales)

..........Brewed with a carefully blended choice of malts, Fuggles and Goldings hops together with Brains' own strain of yeast. Golden amber in colour, this beer has an initial sweet-malt flavour followed by the characteristic Brains well-hopped finish.........

..........A skilful blend of dark and chocolate malts, gives this rich dark mild a full fine flavour. The beer has a delicate hop and chocolate aroma while the palate starts malty with a slight nuttiness, but then gives way to a light dry finish................

............Brewed to a recipe combining the characteristics of pale and crystal malts with choicest traditional ale hop varieties. The beer has a long, deep, bitter-sweet finish with fruit and hop notes. This is Brains beer at its best, a strong ale which is distinctively hoppy............

............Full bodied and warming, rich in palate, spicy and aromatic with a deeply satisfying finish. This premium ale has been described as having a "classic" flavour not commonly available these days.............

No wonder Americans brew and drink beer as piss. The object is to get fucking lit, not break open Shakespeare's book of gay sonnets. Christ kill me.

greg_r
No wonder Americans brew and drink beer as piss. The object is to get fucking lit, not break open Shakespeare's book of gay sonnets. Christ kill me.

The description - like all attempts to describe beer and/or wine is woeful.

The brew itself, however, is rather good - which is more than can be said of the American piss of which you speak :lol:

The best 'official' description of a beer I ever saw was "Gets you shitfaced" on a limited run ale produced by a brewpub I used to frequent many years ago. It has to be said that it was accurate advertising as the beer was just over 9%.... beer%20jumer.gif

mcloud

Strangely enough, there are a lot of people who really appreciate the taste of beer, rather than just as an instrument to a higher plane. A lot of them, or course wear open toed sandals and body warmers, but as a cider drinker, I can still appreciate a good drink while I'm gradually slipping off the bar stool. American beer seems designed just to drink loads of it, being ice cold to anaesthetise the taste buds and weaker than my piss, but I quite liked Michelob some years ago. I agree with Demsey though, Brains are a little over the top with their descriptions, but then they are Welsh. More Dylan Thomas than Shakespeare :)

Demsey
there are a lot of people who really appreciate the taste of beer, rather than just as an instrument to a higher plane.

You're joking?

greg_r
Strangely enough, there are a lot of people who really appreciate the taste of beer.

I would count myself among them - and no, I don't wear open-toed sandals :)

sconehead

mcloud, I am strangley attracted to your avatar, from whence did it come???

mcloud

That's my daughter. She's in the cellar at the moment. She came home with one of those surly, slightly wiffy lads with a baseball cap. I had to drug him and put him out with the bins, so now she's been sent downstairs, to let her know that I'm not happy :)

RolexAddict

That's my daughter. She's in the cellar at the moment. She came home with one of those surly, slightly wiffy lads with a baseball cap. I had to drug him and put him out with the bins, so now she's been sent downstairs, to let her know that I'm not happy :)

I love your daughter :Jumpy: very much

The A7750 part2 launched this evening :rolleyes:

After you read you will have a serious headake and be ready to buy.... a submariner with a perfect pearl.

:rolleyes::Drinking2::beerjump:

:drunksing:

AllergyDoc

Mods: Set up a special fund for RolexAddict's liver. PayPal and CC payments accepted.

sconehead

Want me to check out your cellar for rats?

RolexAddict

:) a new fresh liver, good, my gamma glutamyl transferase level is hight...

thanks guys !

Garçon ! une autre bière !

(waiter! another beer!)

:drunksing:

greg_r
:drunksing: a new fresh liver, good, my gamma glutamyl transferase level is hight...

thanks guys !

Garçon ! une autre bière !

(waiter! another beer!)

:rolleyes:

RA, you're a man after my own heart. Cheers! :)

AllergyDoc

:)

Party on dudes. I'm heading into lunch here.

greg_r

Lunch?

Go for the liquid variety. Works for me :Drinking2:

onzenuub
Lunch?

Go for the liquid variety. Works for me :drunksing:

Lunchtime is passed time over here, time for beer :Drinking2:

greg_r
Lunch?

Go for the liquid variety. Works for me :drunksing:

Any time is a good time for beer.

Not ONLY a breakfast drink.... :drunksing:

AllergyDoc

Only on a holiday or Saturday when the kids are away.

"It's five o'clock somewhere..."

onzenuub
Lunch?

Go for the liquid variety. Works for me :Drinking2:

Any time is a good time for beer.

Not ONLY a breakfast drink.... :drunksing:

You Brits allways drinking coca cola with alcohol :drunksing:

Edeeot

Thanks