Sign in to follow this  
Pohoho

Opening Parnis B&R Homage

Pohoho

Planning to stick hour markers and lume up this new toy of mine.

For the crown stem removal, do I loosen the screw on the case back all the way or is it linked to any keyless assembly (so only one or tow turns will do)?

Also read that the four screws on the dial is simply decorative than functional but reports are not consistent so what's the reality for this?

Can fellow owners of this watch chime in please?

Thank you.

Member X

I can't remember if they are a screw-down crown?

I would place the watch in something secure so it doesn't move, then undo the stem screw on the back of the watch while very gently pulling on the crown. It should then just slide out as soon as it is able, and then you can screw the screw back in, counting the half-turns so you know how much to undo it when you put the stem back in..

The four screws on the front are the only way to access the dial and the movement inside - the rest of the case is one solid lump of metal ;)

You will need a 3.5mm screwdriver to fit the screws perfectly. Smaller than this and you can ruin the slots in the screwheads, and larger than that you risk damaging the frontplate or just not being able to undo the screws. I got mine on ebay for cheap :)

The screws seem to vary from very stiff to easy to remove so you have to be brave! :D

Take some pics as you work, I've only got as far as verifiying the screws undo with a 3.5mm screwdriver and I need to strip my black-dial version down to remove condensation... :)

Oh, and I hope you asked for the strap bars tool so you can do the hex screws up nice and tightly - they seem to be a unique size!

10:10 Watch Repair

Yes, you have to remove the "do not remove" screw on the caseback. You then can press the stem removal 'button' on the keyless and remove the stem.

The movement comes out the front of the case after removing the bezel.

The screws on the dial are decorative.

Pohoho

Thanks Member X, knew would have the answers but post the question here instead of PM for all to reference.

Thanks too cls! Walking reference to us, what can we do without you :-)

Member X

I think you will have to either make sure the movement is 100% wound-down or hack it so the hands don't move while you're trying to work on it, but I'm not sure what happens with regards to getting the stem back in, I've had issues in the past where pushing it in means it moves positions from adjusting to winding!