Sign in to follow this  
JoeyB

Sillix Prime

JoeyB

Has anyone any experience with Sillix Prime? They have a watch no one else seems to be able to find for me, but I've read on other watch sites that they are a problem to deal with. Anyone here know about them?

AllergyDoc

As you probably know, Jay and Angela sold the Silix site to someone else. Maybe a cousin, who knows?

They seem to be doing better, but aren't at the top on anyone's list of dealers. Have you tried emailing the picture and/or link to Mary? I would try that first before ordering from Silix.

My last experience with them was bad, but that was with the former owners.

Novesh

If some have problems, chances are there are problems.

whatever watch it is I am sure other dealers can find it...there aren't that many factories out there.

Jb boin

Silix is trusted in rwgforum and in probation at RWI, he sometimes chat a little on the shoutboxes.

I cant say more as i never bought from him but i think that i would take the risk :monkeypuzzle:

trailboss99

Silix prime has just changed hands and are on probation at RWI. Unlikely to outright scam you but if you order make it clear that you expect exactly what's in the picture/description. Keep me informed of how it goes, they are my pet rehab project ATM.

Col.

sconehead

It may be a good Idea to mention you're a forum member as well...every little bit helps...:monkeypuzzle:

JoeyB

OK guys, thanks. I have sent pics and the link to all the 'usual suspects' and all said they could not find it, still waiting to hear from one more.

I always mention the sites when talking to the dealers, and that I will post about them when the deal goes through. I'd think most everyone does that, if not they should.

I'll check the chat 1st, might be a good way to find out more.

Thanks!

PatronSaintofChainsaws

The last thing that I ordered from them was an AP dial, which they claimed they could get. They shipped the wrong dial (completely and obviously wrong), admitted that they knew it was the wrong dial, and that they weren't willing to exchange it for the right dial. They offered a 10% discount on my next order, which I haven't been foolish enough to take them up on.

Have you checked with Lawrence? He seems to list some of the things that Silix lists.

trailboss99

The new boss BTW is John. The CS person is Jee.

AFIK J and A are well out of it now.

Col.

JohnG
The last thing that I ordered from them was an AP dial, which they claimed they could get. They shipped the wrong dial (completely and obviously wrong), admitted that they knew it was the wrong dial, and that they weren't willing to exchange it for the right dial. They offered a 10% discount on my next order, which I haven't been foolish enough to take them up on.

Have you checked with Lawrence? He seems to list some of the things that Silix lists.

So who do we go to for the fixed lug 3646 cases? There was another supplier but I don't remember?

PatronSaintofChainsaws
So who do we go to for the fixed lug 3646 cases? There was another supplier but I don't remember?

Way ahead of you there.

http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...hp?showforum=77

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/paneraivintage.htm

I ordered this one a couple of days ago, mainly due to the look of the bezel/crystal. I'm planning on ripping out the dial and hands and replacing them with a 3646 set that I'm working on now (w/ resin filled and such). I'll post about it when it arrives. Hopefully, nightwatch will be able to pump out those thick 3646 case-backs to fit. The stock case-back on that one looks pretty nice though.

JohnG

Way ahead of you there.

http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...hp?showforum=77

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/paneraivintage.htm

I ordered this one a couple of days ago, mainly due to the look of the bezel/crystal. I'm planning on ripping out the dial and hands and replacing them with a 3646 set that I'm working on now (w/ resin filled and such). I'll post about it when it arrives. Hopefully, nightwatch will be able to pump out those thick 3646 case-backs to fit. The stock case-back on that one looks pretty nice though.

GREAT FIND! ;)

10:10 Watch Repair

I ordered from Sillix Prime a few weeks ago. Communication from Jee was really good. Got the watch quickly but with a few problems: the case back I ordered was sterile, the one I received was Kampf. engraved, the balance had a problem that I haven't looked at yet, I think a staff problem that someone "solved" by loosening screws which then came out leaving the balance assy. hanging.

I care about none of this because I wanted the case, and a dial to play with.

JohnG
I ordered from Sillix Prime a few weeks ago. Communication from Jee was really good. Got the watch quickly but with a few problems: the case back I ordered was sterile, the one I received was Kampf. engraved, the balance had a problem that I haven't looked at yet, I think a staff problem that someone "solved" by loosening screws which then came out leaving the balance assy. hanging.

Looks like Lawrence has these same watches though - and Greg has had great things to say about him - that is good enough for me. Silix seems to be a bit spotty....

JoeyB

That might work for me, as all I really want is the case, back and bezel.

KinCaidk

I ordered from Silix a while back (after the new owners took ower)

And it went very well...! the first 2 watches was caught by danish customs - but they sent me 2 new ones if I payed the shipping.

I think they were great to deal with.

Silverspeed

Not the best of memories with Silix....informed if the watch was in stock which they confirmed, then after the payment was send they told me it was out of stock and advised me to change the order....but then again this was more than 2 years ago

If you go to their website you can still find watches being displayed that were stopped being made long ago

greg_r

Silix are one of those dealers who are okay when they get it right and a problem when they don't. I personally wouldn't buy from them, but 8 times out of 10 you'll probably be ok.

trailboss99

Silix's customer service and QC should be improving riiiight about . . . .NOW!

Just trust me on that one. :hitler: I'd mention that you are from RWI if and when you buy from them.

Col.

JoeyB
Silix's customer service and QC should be improving riiiight about . . . .NOW!

Just trust me on that one. ;) I'd mention that you are from RWI if and when you buy from them.

Col.

Sent them an email, Jee sent back pics of the watch she just took and it's right. Went to order and their site is down. Maybe it's an omen...

trailboss99

Ahh good, she is sending pics. Order it, if anything goes wrong I have them by the short and curlies ATM so they will fix!

Keep me informed about what's happening and consider it one for the team.

Col.