Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Breitling ???????? (Pic Heavy - yes lots of pics!)

scorpion

My Breitling has arrived and its looking good.

In a previous post (http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1) a lot of opinions were given as to its identity. It looks similar to a Avenger Seawolf Chrono but the size across the bezel is 48mm so its Super Avenger size.

The movement is Japanese quartz which is ok as a gen Seawolf Chrono is also Quartz and it keeps the price sensible and should prove reliable. I guess it’s a fantasy model but I am more than happy with it and doubt anyone I come across will know enough about it to notice.

Breitling (1).jpg

The chrono function works fine as would be expected of a quartz and resets to dead on 12 every time. I have not had the back off to check it as I can’t see how you remove it as it has no indents for either of my case back remover tools. I guess it’s a Miyota movement, if anyone can tell me the best way to remove the back it would be appreciated.

Breitling (2).JPG

The overall finish is fine and the markings good. It a heavy beast yet feels good on the wrist. The bezel is good but has a touch of reverse slack. Lume is of average brightness but very even. The glass is Sapphire Crystal with AR and it quite thick.

It really looks big and stands out with its blue dial, I expect it will get noticed a bit more than my Rolex Sub! The chrono function works fine as would be expected of a quartz and resets to dead on 12 every time. I have not had the back off to check it as I can’t see how you remove it as it has no indents for either of my case back remover tools. I guess it’s a Miyota movement, if anyone can tell me the best way to remove the back it would be appreciated.

Breitling (3).JPG

The crown is well defined but had a blue paint / lacquer on it that was chipped. Not sure if it was protection or supposed to be a left on it, anyway I removed it or so I thought until I saw this close up. Will have to remove the rest later!

Breitling (4).JPG

The case back is nicely marked and is the same as a Super Avenger rather than the Avenger Seawolf Chrono Gen which is simpler and does not have the conversion data on it.

Breitling (11).jpg

The bracelet is quite good and heavy and is a straight link type unlike most Brietlings with the diagonal links. It was simple to adjust with my pin remover tool and also has 3 micro adjustment settings. The Breitling markings on the clasp are a bit poor and not well defined and seem laser etched rather than stamped. It works fine and seem well made.

Breitling (12).jpg

Not got used to my new macro zoom rings yet but have a few close up that seem ok.

Breitling (5).JPG

Breitling (10).jpg

The standard wrist shot.......... told you it was BIG! :giggle:

Breitling (6).jpg

Breitling (8).jpg

Breitling (7).jpg

Hope you like the pictures and review – unfortunately I can’t wear it yet as it’s a Wedding Anniversary present from my wife so it’s been put away for a few weeks. I have a little something special for her as well for our anniversary on its way from Reg – well knowing Reg its probably already at my local post office waiting for me!

1 devil.gif

Edited by scorpion

conx

Very nice, enjoy.

The blue on the crown is a protective film you get on a lot of reps. It simply rubs off.

onionbag

Looks great, smashing foties, and the back?.......................Sticky ball! :D

jeffw69

Could have taken a few more pics, Luthier loves that. :)

Del

Looks very good! :thumbsup2: And big!

As my friend onionbag said, a sticky ball will open the case back with ease.

Enjoy wearing it when the time comes!

scorpion

Well I put a bit of strawberry jam on my left bollock to make it sticky and tried it but it would not budge the case back. Now my nut is sore.

1.yuck.gif

onionbag

Well I put a bit of strawberry jam on my left bollock to make it sticky and tried it but it would not budge the case back. Now my nut is sore.

1.yuck.gif

And bald. :rofl:

scorpion

1.yuck.gif

And bald. :rofl:

YEP bald and sticky, asked my MRS to lick the jam off it and now my right eye and nose hurts :giggle:

scorpion

Very nice, enjoy.

The blue on the crown is a protective film you get on a lot of reps. It simply rubs off.

I thought so but its not that easy to get it off, I tried an old toothbrush but its still got a few bits on it. Might try a touch of fine polish.

Edited by scorpion

UmpaHimself

Looks good. Except the end link on the bottom of the face looks kind of weird on the front and back shots.

scorpion

Looks good. Except the end link on the bottom of the face looks kind of weird on the front and back shots.

Dam it I never noticed that - you are right they look weird almost like they were broken or unfinished. However at normal magnification with a MK 1 Eyeball I cant really notice it.

I was going to get my Dremel Mini Grinder out and grind them a bit but its not worth it.

onionbag

Very nice, enjoy.

I thought so but its not that easy to get it off, I tried an old toothbrush but its still got a few bits on it. Might try a touch of fine polish.

Use a rubber, Scorp. For our colonial cousins, read eraser.

scorpion

Very nice, enjoy.

Use a rubber, Scorp. For our colonial cousins, read eraser.

Thought your were talking dirty for a moment! Will seek one out from my daughters pencil case and give it a go cheers.

UmpaHimself

Dam it I never noticed that - you are right they look weird almost like they were broken or unfinished. However at normal magnification with a MK 1 Eyeball I cant really notice it.

I was going to get my Dremel Mini Grinder out and grind them a bit but its not worth it.

Sorry, I thought you knew. Don't get nuts with the dremel.