Sign in to follow this  
ioulove2

Hello New Member Here

ioulove2

Hello All

I am a new member for almost 2 weeks, and I just wanted to say Hello. I came upon this site since I purchased a NY canal street Folex. I got it as a joke since I do have some nice watches and also some limited edition watches. I came here to learn what I could do to improve it since it has two issues. After messaging CLS and having him guide me into the right direction I decided to go a little higher route. He advised me to get a watch from TC or BLK. I am not ready to make that money plunge yet but I did order one from Mary. I have read a lot of posts and I am going to dismantle this Folex and use it as a learning tool.

I look forward to learning from everyone here.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: welcome to RWG.

bklynboy

Welcome, enjoy the zoo, we use the French spelling Fauxlex :)

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

aoeu

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Canal Street watches are junk, as you no doubt know by now. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here.

onionbag

Hello and welcome..............Canal St cheapie? A Foulex surely? ;)

conx

Welcome - Canal St... It can only get better from here :)

fatarms

Hi there :D

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

baffmike

Welcome Mate ^_^

Fastrack

welcome

steevegard

Welcome in your new home and in this big time consuming hobby !

watch stupid

I've been here about the same as you, its been great so for but I have learned little. This forum should come with a thesaurus, because I no nothing about watches and don't understand the ling. Aside from that everyone has been very helpful in what ever I ask. Enjoy, I have.....Dusty

czmilosz

Welcome!

There is a great wealth of knowledge to be had here.

And some fun too.

TxRub779

Welcome,

Hey the Canal St. rep is a great keep sake for a replica collections....imagine

The Worst X

The Best X....great pictorial some day

ioulove2

TxRub779, I think you are correct and this one will be kept as long as it works. When it breaks I might repair it or when I am back in NY, then I will pick up another one just to see how far the quality has improved. The two issues that I had with the watch is that date never set in position 1, it would move the date but only when I moved the hands over 24 hours. Also, the cyclops was not straight it was sideways.

Welcome,

Hey the Canal St. rep is a great keep sake for a replica collections....imagine

The Worst X

The Best X....great pictorial some day

Lego Yoda

new, I am as well. Informative this place is

Pihlippe
Ugly-People-Unite-178.jpg

HeavyKrush

Welcome - Canal St... It can only get better from here :)

+1... you can only go up form here... oh, that's if you stick with TD's. Welcome.

SB56667

Welcome! You've got just the right approach -- buying from a TD and wanting to dismantle something to learn more! You're going to like it here! :thumbsup:

The dangerous part is when you start dismantling the well-made ones for "just a few minor upgrades." Next thing you know you'll be building vintage PAMS. :huh::lol:

ioulove2

Thank you all for the nice welcome and the comments. I am enjoying myself here and log in at work also during lunch. I posted above about my first rep was purchased in NY in China Town.

I now understand how basic that watch can be compared to some that are sold here by BLK and Trusted members.

Here is my issue, I purchased my first real rep from a trusted dealer but its being held up due to this raid in China. I will make due with this time for positive knowledge instead of crying over something I cant change. I have a question but I know its hard to give it without seeing it.

I stated the quick date changes does not work in crown position one. I am new to repairing but this weekend I want to take it apart. Before I start I wanted to ask the members is this something I might be able to fix or is this something common to cheap models. If you say "No its junk" then I will leave it alone but if you say yes something slip or not in place then I will tackle the problem. If you say order a 21J movement then I will.

Edit: Please dont tell me you know what it is, i want to figure out this puzzle on my own. I will report back Monday if you say it can be fixed.

Edited by ioulove2

UmpaHimself

Sup blood?

giangi3000

Hi

Welcome on board

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD