Sign in to follow this  
chobbs

Hi! I'm a newbie. :)

chobbs

So I'm interested in purchasing a Tag Heuer replica watch for my husband. However, I am very sketchy about a lot of these overseas websites. Is there one that just really stands out? I am narrowing it down between Marvellous Replica, however, the makers are on holiday. Something having to do with government crackdown. Then I came across asiakrono.com and I don't know seeing as the watch my husband wants on the Marvellous website is $348 and on that one it's $135. As you can see I know nothing about all this. Help! :)

Muaitai

First welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is read as much as you can to understand how the rep world works before committing to a watch then choose one of the TD to buy it from. The difference in price might have to do with the movement as mostly they source from the same factories. Take advantage of this forum and ask questions. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fatarms

Welcome.

I'll tell you right away that the price difference is the movement inside. Take a look at this thread: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930

Pretty much any of the trusted dealers (link at the top of any page) can get just about any watch for you. The Chinese govt is currently doing their "raids" of rep factories. This happens from time to time. It will die down in about a week or two and the dealers will be back. Just enough time for you to have a look around and learn some of the details on rep watches.

Welcome :D

TxRub779

Welcome....you have found the right place. The fellas can show you the light, lead you to it and enjoy the journey into rep'dom.

Enjoy the ride.....

Luthier

Welcome to the forum!!!

Now... ditch your hubby, take all his money, and buy tons of replicas for yourself.

:D

Oh, and never, ever start the post with word "So..."

:rofl:

fatarms

One is a quartz movement, super cheap. The second hand will tick along one second at a time. This will be an automatic tell on the watch that it's a replica.

The other is an Asian 7750 which will have a smooth, continuous sweeping motion with the second hand just like the genuine watch does.

Movements will dictate the price for almost every watch there is out there. The smoother the sweep, the more expensive they are because they are closer to or actually mimic the movement of the second hand on the genuine watches.

Lego Yoda

Many options available, there are. Advice received so far is solid. take the worry from purchasing, the Trusted Dealers do

sam1965uk

Welcome on board hope you enjoy it here with us

all i would say is stick to the Trusted Dealers that's what i do & have not had any problems

Sam

chobbs

I went into under the trusted dealers and that is why I has asked between Marvellous Replicas and the other one. So the more expensive one is the one with the smooth second hand? Does it really make a difference? I don't know if my husband would care about that and I don't want to ask him, as it would be a surprise. :)

cwazy1

It really does make a difference. The more expensive one is how the genuine watch behaves. The cheaper one is an obvious fake to anyone who owns a decent watch.

The cheaper one ticks at 1 tick per second, much like the watches at target/walmart/etc.

The more expensive one ticks at 6 ticks per second, making it look like its sweeping.

The cheaper one has a non functional subdial... and also the seconds hand runs to display seconds

The more expensive one has a functional chronograph (timer) and the seconds hands does not run and functions as the seconds timer

The genuine ticks at 6/second and has functional chronographs.

It all depends on what you're going after.

They're both nice watches, but if you're going after accuracy, get the more $ one... if you're going after a simple watch, and your hubby is not particularly keen on nice watches, then get the cheap one.

Keep in mind that he might get called out with the cheap one as being fake, if he bumps into anyone who knows their shit. lol

Edited by cwazy1

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

Member X

I would definitely go for the more expensive one with the correct-to-gen sweep :)

You might even be able to order a replica box for the watch and be able to present it to him in that! Although I would always recommend asking the Trusted Dealer to ship a box separately so that you avoid any potential customs issues with a watch in a box that, together, looks either like a blatant fake (in that you would never order or receive a genuine item from china in the sort of parcel that will arrive! and therefore is at risk of being seized by Customs) or the genuine article (and therefore subject to $$$ import tax).

Also, you will need about 4 weeks before his birthday to make sure you have some hope of getting it in time. Sometimes things arrive in 4 days, other times it can take a month, it is seemingly random!

Which country are you in by the way? Most are fine but some are awkward!

SB56667

Welcome, keep reading and researching, and stick to TDs! You (and your husband) won't go wrong! :thumbsup:

chobbs

I live in the US and wouldn't need the watch until the end of November so want to order it now.

Wiz

Welcome chobbs. :)

fatarms

I live in the US and wouldn't need the watch until the end of November so want to order it now.

Whoah, wait a minute....

:lol:

chobbs

What? :unsure:

dalboy

Chobbs,

Welcome to the forum, as you have seen there is way too much choice it only confuses the issue unless you are set on a specific watch.

To simplify things for you.scale the T/Ds list and find what you want, quartz or automatic, most high end watches you an automatic movement hence the cost, also the reps use and automatic movement, but on occasion the use quartz, this is fine if accuracy is your thing,that said most autos are very accurate too ..

Once you have made your decision pm Mary or Rochest @ Watch international..they can get any thing that is rep'd and avaliable,the service is second to none.....having said this the other dealers of a super sevice..............

May i suggest that you continue to read before you order as this will go along way in your understanding of the the rep industry......there is bound to be loads of questions you may want to ask and the answers are all here ..should you get stuck post a question .

Good luck in your hunt..your husbands a lucky man

Dal.................

RichardMiami

so, chobbs -- the advice you got already about the difference in movements is correct. I agree with those who are advising you to the more expensive, sweeping movement. You and your husband might not care, but others who see the watch might.

In either case you will be fine, so if budget is an issue, go for the quartz.

Please note that some of the members here have gained internet access from inside an insane asylum, and are TOTALLY bonkers. They are not to be trusted.

Except me, I am safe. Really, I promise... my doctors may allow me to have pencils next week!!!

dalboy

so, chobbs -- the advice you got already about the difference in movements is correct. I agree with those who are advising you to the more expensive, sweeping movement. You and your husband might not care, but others who see the watch might.

In either case you will be fine, so if budget is an issue, go for the quartz.

Please note that some of the members here have gained internet access from inside an insane asylum, and are TOTALLY bonkers. They are not to be trusted.

Except me, I am safe. Really, I promise... my doctors may allow me to have pencils next week!!!

Richard,

I am amazed !! how on earth did you manage to type this reply in your straight jacket........ :giggle: keep up the medication.

Dal........

chobbs

Ahhhh who knew there could be so much with having to pick out a watch? LOL I want to try to do this without having to ask my husband give away too much info so he doesn't expect it. :) He definitely wants the Tag Heuer watch. So it seems like I should go with the quartz as far as that goes. Now I guess I just need to find a dealer. Aye yi yi!

RichardMiami

Ahhhh who knew there could be so much with having to pick out a watch? LOL I want to try to do this without having to ask my husband give away too much info so he doesn't expect it. :) He definitely wants the Tag Heuer watch. So it seems like I should go with the quartz as far as that goes. Now I guess I just need to find a dealer. Aye yi yi!

Go to the Trusted Dealers section - contact Watch International, or Toro, or Narikaa for a good start.,

Pay no attention to Dal.... he thinks that a straight jacket is evening wear.

Cyril_Clunge

Of course once you present him with his replica Tag he may well get the bug and end up here. Then he will see that you chose the quartz over the more desirable automatic :D

chobbs

Of course once you present him with his replica Tag he may well get the bug and end up here. Then he will see that you chose the quartz over the more desirable automatic :D

No that would be bad. LOL Funny thing is he comes to this site to do research and then it dawned on me I should have used a better screen name. Doh!