Sign in to follow this  
davidz1111

Hello

davidz1111

Just found this forum. I've been looking for a replica for some time but just didn't trust any of the websites I found. This site looks fantastic and just what I've been searching for. Thanks to all the experts for the great information. Now confidently looking forward to my first purchase.

Just one question though (and don't laugh). I've always worn watches with leather straps because I've got skinny arms and the metal straps were always too big. Is it easy to adjust steel bracelets and do you need any special tools?

Cheers

onionbag

Hello and welcome. Steel bracelets will look just fine on you, and yes you'll need some tools, check the RWG shop or pick up some on the 'bay.

sam1965uk

hello & welcome dig deep your going to need to once the bug gets you

conx

Welcome to the addictive world of reps :)

I was always a leather strap wearer, but many of the reps, most Rolex for example, have screws which are easy to undo to allow you to remove links. There are some which are difficult, the Omega PO for instance, but they are all doable given a bit of patience and a small toolkit. Take a look in the rwg shop, there is a great toolkit there which will get you going.

czmilosz

Welcome!

Many of the steel bracelets have flat head screws one one side of the link pins. A micro screwdriver has worked quite well for me to add and remove links.

I'm sure there are exceptions.

davidz1111

Thanks guys,

I'll check out the shop for some bats and spanners!

dalboy

David welcome to the forum mate..

once you get started the s/s bracelet thing will no longer be an issue trust me ! most are quite easy to adjust providing you have the correct tools..dont try using the end of yer knob like some muppets.

Oh and your avatar pic how on did you get that pic of my missus.. :giggle: save every penny mate ! your gonna need it ..

Dal.....

Balad1

Welcome new Bro; if you need any help just give us a shout.