Sign in to follow this  
Odyseus

Removal & Re-fitting of Stem on ETA2836 - Best Practice??

Odyseus

OK,

I have had my GMT apart half a dozen times now!!! - because the blasted clutch keeps popping out of position.

I know that you need to use a screw diver blade to push the stem release plunger, but ensuring a wide enough blade so that you can't push down too far, otherwise this will screw up the keyless works!!

But what position should you attempt this?? I have read you should set to position 2 ie set date position before trying to release the stem.

What about re-fitting (this is where I think things keep going wrong for me) do you need to press the plunger down (I don't but perhaps you need to?)

And again what setting should you leave the keyless works in (especially after repair - I always leave in position 1, winding) before you attempt to re-fit the stem (especially if you have reset the keyless works).

A best practice would be a great help on this???

Cheers

John

sconehead

...I always remove the stem with the crown in the hand setting position on 28xx series watches...never had a problem doing it this way, ever...;)

Dendo

+1 for stem removal with crown in hand setting position - so the movement is hacked

I want it hacked as I manipulate the movement, makes sense, no?

on replacing the stem, I try without pressing the SR - but if I feel resistance I press the stem release