Sign in to follow this  
Alexw3345

advice for super newbie requested

Alexw3345

Hiya guys.

I just bought a rep AP Royal Oak offshore... and the crown on the upper left of the watch -- at 10 O'clock.... well boys, I somehow mangaed to unscrew it so it has come all the way out.

It screws back in fine, but doesnt turn the rehaut anymore. It did when I first got it, but an hour later she was dead. No rehaut action. Eveything else works great.

Advice?

Alexw3345

ok, 25 views, no replies?

BadPickle

seems like nobody gives a shit. its the newbie thing, happened to me too, you just get blanked by the 'long termers' or the 'knowledgeable' The tip is-- get yourself some post whoring done, get out of that newbie thing, become a proper member, do some more researching, then when your post count is a bit higher ask again, add some pics too. hey presto............... worth a shot dude!!! :help3:

What have you got to loose???

James.

Doesn't look like it. I guess no one else who's viewed the topic had an answer. Neither do I. Damn.

Pics may help your cause.

seems like nobody gives a shit.

I don't think "nobody gives a shit" I think nobody has unscrewed the he valve all the way before. Maybe a modder like Wiz or Kenny can help but us plebs, not so much.

BadPickle

nobody is gonna give advice like that to a fresh newbie. Its hard work, and lots of research to get knowledge like that. why should it be given away for free.

Knowledge is power!!!!!

read all the other newbie posts like that, replies range from- theres a thread for that, to- do some research of your own blah blah blah.

not my rules, just the way it is.

conx

nobody is gonna give advice like that to a fresh newbie. Its hard work, and lots of research to get knowledge like that. why should it be given away for free.

Knowledge is power!!!!!

read all the other newbie posts like that, replies range from- theres a thread for that, to- do some research of your own blah blah blah.

That is a very cynical view - and wrong as well

Semaj is right - if you don't know the answer why would you post? Folks round here are always willing to help, but only if they have something valid to add on a question like this.

ron76

Knowledge is power!!!!!

I think that's bollocks, if somebody reads this who does no the answer he will surely be glad to help.

James.

Generally yes, if he were to ask something dumb and broad like "who has the best 1:1 platet ocean" etc etc, which occurs a lot. This is a very specific question which a) you'd assume would be needed to be answered by someone who already owns this specific watch and B) knows something about not just the internal bezel crown mechanism but also how to re-attach it correctly.

Not many members on here go about deliberatly pulling their watches appart just to see how to fix it and then impart that knowledge shout a fellow member experience the same and start a topic about it. That's why I said only a select few would be able to give this new member correct advice, otherwise what's the point?

Hopefully one of the wise old hands will be along soon and clarrify for mr Alex3345. Until then it's a wait and see approach. Or try the shoutbox.

jeffw69

Knowledge is power!!!!!

Sorry, wrong!

dingle

bump for someone with an answer

welcome to the nuthouse :)

BadPickle

:lmao:

James.
:picard:

Alexw3345

Ok, fair enough, guys. I hear what you're saying. I realize this is a dumb thing I've done. I'll try to research options but not sure where to begin. Not trying to start a ruckus in the forum.:-) I've respect for the hobby and and am in awe re the depth of knowledge some of you have (e.g. exhaustive pictorial history of Panerai watches a bloke put together)

onionbag

I'm thinking that screw turns the inner bezel, so it must drive a small pinion which is meshed into the bezel.

There must be a little circlip on the drive shaft of the screw/pinion assy and it has come off.

Is there a tiny groove in the drive screw/pin when you remove it?

Waipio Jeff

I have no idea how to fix this but wanted to post that for you at least.

Alexw3345

Thank you for the people who have responded; i appreciate your time and interest!

New development! Please read the below email I just sent:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello ______

My recent purchase of an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore has been a problem.

It does not keep accurate time: it loses about 15-20 minutes per hour. I realize it is an automatic watch, but after placing in a watch winder, it is losing time faster than ever.

Secondly, the crown at 10 o'clock position does not turn the rehaut and has come out of the watch altogether!

I AM NOT ASKING FOR A REFUND!

I WOULD JUST LIKE CREDIT WITH ASIAKRONOS so that I can buy another, different watch from you.

I am happy to ship this defective Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore back to you!

Please tell me next steps!

I thank you for your time.

<RJ>

From one noob to another!

good-luck-24-76361.gif

Would be cool with some pics!

Edited by ramviksrille

scorpion

I had the exact same thing and Laurence of Asiakronos responded with the following............

The removal of the crown on the upper left of the watch at 10 O'clock will make the watches internal mechanism faulty and it will lose about 15-20 minutes per hour. This also voids your warranty and is non repairable.

Only Joking I am not a newbie basher! :giggle: Good luck with it

Edited by scorpion

Alexw3345

Thanks Scorpion. I'll let you know how it works out, okay? Real funny. What don't you me meet me somewhere and I'll explain it to you in person.. let's see what you have to mumble and "emoticon" then, right? Up for it? Or will you hide. Hide, I bet.

Edited by Alexw3345

BadPickle

Told you Alex.

jeffw69

Thanks Scorpion. I'll let you know how it works out, okay? Real funny. What don't you me meet me somewhere and I'll explain it to you in person.. let's see what you have to mumble and "emoticon" then, right? Up for it? Or will you hide. Hide, I bet.

He was fucking kidding!

Lighten up FFS.

Everyone's a fucking tough guy on the internet, we know this already.

Alexw3345

I know, right? Easy to pick on "newbs" virtually.. online...would love to meet him face to face and have him wet his Dockers.

fatarms

Holy crap :lol:

Good luck getting help now, dude.

powderfreak

WTF? Noobs, old folks, calm down, no need to threaten anyone to "meet up and explain"...

Could you maybe post a picture and explain to me what exactly the crown at 10 is usually there for - is it the HE valve like on a PO (they can be "opened" but since the valve doesn't work on a rep, they just fall of) or is it there to turn a part of the inner bezel/rehaut? Apart from that I am afraid I can't help much since I have never heard of that problem. Maybe shoot some PMs to a few modders and see what they suggest.

Edit: since your second threatening response (the one you typed a few seconds ago apparently) I am not sure if I want to help any more :unsure: