Sign in to follow this  
Alexw3345

advice for super newbie requested

HeavyKrush
Thanks Scorpion. I'll let you know how it works out, okay? Real funny. What don't you me meet me somewhere and I'll explain it to you in person.. let's see what you have to mumble and "emoticon" then, right? Up for it? Or will you hide. Hide, I bet.
Alex, maybe I'm reading the wrong post, but it's clear to me that Scorpion was joking and not deserving of the physical threat you unleashed. Totally not in agreement with Pickle either. It's likely that not many members have come across this issue. There a BR-02 for sale in the members section that has the very same issue on the crown. Good luck finding a solution as I doubt it will come from members on this forum.

BadPickle

Get in Alex!!! You show them newbie bashers!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

ron76

Good luck with this one Alex, did you tell the TD that YOU broke the crown/hev thingy?

I don't think he will take your watch back.

However you can try to contact a modder and see if they know how to fix it.

Fastrack

Wow, tough noob :)

myaz

I think that's bollocks, if somebody reads this who does no the answer he will surely be glad to help.

+1.

Just doesn't sound like an easy fix. Certainly way beyond the capabilities of your average casual member here.There's only a small handful of people on this forum that would have a meaningful answer for you and they are likely offline at the moment.

In any case, your avenues will end up being:

1) Return the watch for partial or full credit depending upon the TD's policies.

2) Sending the watch for repairs to someone like Wiz or CLS or Katt.

3) Pout, bitch and moan but that's the least fruitful option.

Good luck and sorry about your misfortune.

UmpaHimself
I had the exact same thing and Laurence of Asiakronos responded with the following............ The removal of the crown on the upper left of the watch at 10 O'clock will make the watches internal mechanism faulty and it will lose about 15-20 minutes per hour. This also voids your warranty and is non repairable. Only Joking I am not a newbie basher! :giggle: Good luck with it

LMFAO!

UmpaHimself
I know, right? Easy to pick on "newbs" virtually.. online...would love to meet him face to face and have him wet his Dockers.

:picard:

Simmer down newb. A little hazing never hurt no one.

Cyril_Clunge
8b009f06.jpg

James.

I know, right? Easy to pick on "newbs" virtually.. online...would love to meet him face to face and have him wet his Dockers.

Yeah, and you acting "tough" and I use that term with extreme prejudice in this instance, online making a threat you know will never be backed up, just makes you look like a massive wanker.

Fantastic folks, we have in our midst another keyboard warrior.

43ade831.jpg

BadPickle

Hahahahaha. This is the best thread yet!!! All the big guns are out. :-)

Cyril_Clunge

....... a massive wanker.

Fantastic folks, we have in our midst another keyboard warrior.

43ade831.jpg

Only a matter of time before Balad welcomes him as his new best friend then...

ron76
Hahahahaha. This is the best thread yet!!! All the big guns are out. :-)

big_uns.gif

BadPickle

And I'm not even sure what "wet his dockers" actually means. :-D

<RJ>

Im sure its something really intimidating. Not fun at all actually. Probably the only real threat in this thread. Made by one angry individual ready to berserk the local mc donalds.

I-will-kill-all-of-you.jpg

Arism

Man, what is up with all these keyboard warriors lately?

:picard:

Back on topic; OP I don't think Lawrence is going to take the watch back to be honest. The watch losing time is a simple fix; these packages get knocked around in transit and you can't expect your watch to have been built with the upmost delicacy(over-oiled, hair/whatever crud lodged in the movement etc)

As for the bezel, it would be hard to prove that it was faulty before you pulled the crown out. So repeating what has been said before; you can either try your luck with a local watchsmith or send it to one of our modders depending on where you are located.

As for you Pickledbeetroot, I don't know what happened to you before hand, but you've got 160 posts mate, why are you instigating and adding fuel to a non-existent fire? Just a few days ago many of us had the displeasure to read an absolutely deplorable thread where two members were attacking each other.

You know everyone here likes to take the mickey out of each other every now and again, and yes, there are members out there who have been harsh to noobs before, but no one was being harsh, the reason nobody replied to this thread initially was because nobody had an answer. Frankly I'd rather have a thread with one or two answers, than one full of unrelated ones. I'm sorry if you were bashed before, but there is absolutely no substance in your argument that we as a fora only respond to those with high post counts.

RichardMiami

Alex - just a thought, but have you had a try at taking the watch into a rep-friendly watchsmith for repair? They can be found without too much hassle. If you wish, post what City you are in, and perhaps someone can recommend someone. The crown turns the inner bezel - I believe you are talking about the AP Diver. But the folks who asked you to post pics of the watch are correct. It is a LOT easier to help you if we can see what you are talking about. They will also be able to regulate it without too much trouble or expense.

As for the attitude, threatening Scorp or anyone else will not get you far around these parts. You need to develop a thicker skin and a sense of humor around here, or perhaps you are on the wrong forum. There are several other Replica Watch forums around that you might be more comfortable posting on. On the other hand, if you can learn how we joke around here, you might find the company enjoyable. Up to you.

As for Pickled Beet whatever - who asked you to jump in and judge everyone else on this forum? You were no help to the OP. All you wanted to do was stir up some shit.

That didn't answer his question, and all it did was to help derail his thread into childish nonsense. I strongly suggest you grow up.

<RJ>

Photobucket ftw! download app to your phone, take pic, copy link and post it!

ebzen02

We are nice. Welcome!

jeffw69

We are nice. Welcome!

:lol: Says the author of the "I hate you" thread. :rofl:

<RJ>
picard-facepalm2.jpg?w=450&h=302

ebzen02

Haters!

scorpion

Thanks Scorpion. I'll let you know how it works out, okay? Real funny. What don't you me meet me somewhere and I'll explain it to you in person.. let's see what you have to mumble and "emoticon" then, right? Up for it? Or will you hide. Hide, I bet.

WTF - Do you not understand English, can you not read I made a clear joke and then made it even clearer by putting in "Only Joking I am not a newbie basher! :giggle: Good luck with it.

Your response is totally out of order and not acceptable. I am amongst the mildest and most decent posters here and in over 1000 post have only had one minor run in that was soon sorted out. To offer me out is pathetic, You wont last long around here once some of the pro bashers zoom in on you. You are clearly in the wrong forum - you need fight club or something. I could go on but as decent poster I will leave it at this but don't you ever threaten me again.

jeffw69

You tell 'em Scorp!!!

ebzen02

I don't think Alex will make it far here..

scorpion

You tell 'em Scorp!!!

YEP - I thought the tough guy would have been back on to tell me to fuck off or maybe even offer apologies for his rudeness but no sign of him.

Or has he been put in the Gulag where he belongs?