Sign in to follow this  
madgesimpson

Breitling Transocean rep

madgesimpson

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum & really want to buy my hubby a Breitling transocean A7750 movement watch for his 60th birthday. Now not knowing very much about replica watches while looking on the Internet by accident came upon this site. He has always wanted this type of watch so I wondered has anyone purchased 1 & was it believable.

Thanks in advance

ThinkBachs
madgesimpson

This might be a dumb question!!!

Is it worth the extra to go for automatic version. I have also been told that the transocean chron is not as realistic looking. Can anyone advise me please....

Del

I'll be honest, I don't know too much about this particular Breitling rep.

Do you know if your hubbie would like the chrono version (with the three sub-dials) or the non-chrono version (with the "normal" watch face)?

Also, do you know the colour and if he'd prefer stainless steel or gold?

I think the newer versions are very nice looking but how close to the genuine they are I'm not sure. Is he likely to be challenged on wearing a rep? In reality, most people don't even look at your watch and even less would ever spot a rep, however bad it was! ;)

onionbag

The automatic version is the best choice, although the Transocean has not been particularly well repped(although still a nice watch, in my opinion).

It's unlikely that anyone your husband meets....or knows will be able to spot any faults though, go for the A7750 version as the smooth sweeping second hand is far more realistic than a ticking quartz.

madgesimpson

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. I know he would like SS chrono with yellow face & mesh strap. This I'm finding is impossible to get anywhere. I can get SS chrono white face & leather strap & I'm wondering do I just go for that. Also I'm bit confused because some of the sited listed here don't actually give details about matching boxes etc as I would like to get it all together.

Del

I don't think I've every seen a yellow Transocean. And the rep mesh is not great either.

I would recommend that you go for the leather option personally if it has to be a Transocean. Don't suppose he'd like a Superocean II or Superocean Steelfish? There are great reps of those available.

Regarding the box set - best to PM Torobravo. He's a great dealer and will be able to source the watch and box set together. :thumbsup2:

madgesimpson

Thanks a lot I'm going to look these 2 watches up you have recommended. You do get the yellow face but it's quartz movement I would prefer A7750. My hubby has loads of watches but he doesn't have many dressy watches & the transocean looks very sleek. But anyway back to the search I go this seems to be lasting weeks but it will be worth it to get the right one. By the way who is torobravo & what do you mean pm him???

Del

Toro is one of our Trusted Dealers - http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=156

PM = private or personal message. You can click on his username and on his profile page there is a "Send me a message" button. Tell him what you are looking for and hopefully he will be able to help. He also has a website - the address is in his section.

Good luck! ;)

madgesimpson

Thank you everyone for all your help especially Del. I took his advise & contacted Toro & have went for the Superocean Steelfish over the Transocean. As much as I know my hubby would have liked the transocean I'll wait to see if a better rep comes out. But I know he will be over the moon with the steelfish. Although he has a good collection of expensive "real" watches I think this will be the start of his rep addiction!!!! Could be worse I suppose I could be a golf widow...lol

Thanks again all...

Del

Great choice madge - the new Steelfish is an incredible watch! :thumbsup2: