Sign in to follow this  
Del

Glasgow GTG - The Return!

solkryssare

Next GTG?

Amit

anyone help with a cheap hotel for one night? i am trying to make it to this.

Hazz

PM sent

solkryssare

anyone help with a cheap hotel for one night? i am trying to make it to this.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiipiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

solkryssare

Check out the Euro Hostel Glasgow. Its like 40 quid

Amit

Before i get carried away i better speak to the guv'nah

solkryssare

Before i get carried away i better speak to the guv'nah

Tell her its important for your relationship that you get to do stuff like this.

Amit

Ok guys I'm 90% coming.

I just need some help with hotels close to wherever we are partying.

Just need to know if they are half decent or not, seen a few in the £35-£40 range which will be fine for a few hours sleep.

Will be coming into Buchanan bus station.

Come on Glaswegians help me out.

solkryssare

Amit. Fuck the hotel. If you are leaving again early in the morning just store your stuff in mine

Amit

anyone know what these places are like?

Hampton court guest house

or

Botanic Hotel

Need to probably sort this out today.

solkryssare

Help this brother out guys. We need him to come!

Amit

Getting a hotel is difference between getting a few hours sleep until 1000 or being a complete mess and going straight on a bus.

solkryssare

Did you check the ones I posted. The Victorian house looks OK

Corv99

Getting a hotel is difference between getting a few hours sleep until 1000 or being a complete mess and going straight on a bus.

we are at the Ivory hotel £60

if your journey up is cheaper to Newcastle mate I'm driving up from there, back down sunday? welcome aboard

Amit

we are at the Ivory hotel £60

if your journey up is cheaper to Newcastle mate I'm driving up from there, back down sunday? welcome aboard

Near as makes no difference mate on price.

Flexibility on the coach journey is not great, but thank you for the offer.

If i can get something a lot cheaper than i'm ok with a hotel. otherwise i'll have the spend the night on Glasgow streets ala Rab C Nessbit

Member X

Travelodge, £60?

http://www.travelodg...w-Central-hotel

Can Late Check Out as well so out at midday, but I can't work out if it has an All You Can Eat breakfast bar or not - the description seems to say it has but the Facilities tab does not specify...

Amit

Travelodge, £60?

Can Late Check Out as well so out at midday, but I can't work out if it has an All You Can Eat breakfast bar or not - the description seems to say it has but the Facilities tab does not specify...

Shame on you for not attending!! :D

Member X

Travelodge, £60?

Shame on you for not attending!! :D

I am on the other side of the country with friends who will not be best pleased if I disappear! :(

If I could, I would...

You will have to have a drink for me ;)

Del

Superb Amit! :clap:

I'm not sure what to suggest for a really cheap hotel. I've never needed to look for one before! :lol:

Why don't you try looking for a Bed and Breakfast on the South side of Glasgow. Around the Shawlands area would be perfect for where we are meeting.

I'm still in Prague but will see what I can find for you.

:thumbsup2:

solkryssare

Superb Amit! :clap:

I'm not sure what to suggest for a really cheap hotel. I've never needed to look for one before! :lol:

Really? You have never had a proper fight with the missus then :lol: I know all the hotels in Copenhagen ;)

Member X

This CitizenM place looks awesome and looks best placed for the Bus drop off / pick up!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/citizenm-glasgow.en-gb.html?aid=326612;label=bin859jc-hotel-en-gb-glasgowexpressbyholidayinn-unspec;sid=dd375de6237c34aacc1b75032d7c143d;dcid=1;do_availability_check=on;checkin=2012-08-18;checkout=2012-08-19;inac=1

This citizenM hotel is located 400 metres from Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall. It offers stylish, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, a cocktail bar, a designer lobby and a 24-hour canteen.

Glasgow Central Rail Station and the Buchanan Galleries shopping centre are less than a 10-minute walk away. George Square and Jamie’s Italian restaurant can also be reached in 10 minutes on foot.

Rooms at the hotel are bright, and have wall-to-wall windows and luxury beds. Each comes with a MoodPad, which controls the flat-screen TV, music system and coloured lighting. The bathroom includes a power rain shower and free toiletries.

The canteen offers a menu of sandwiches, salads, sushi, hot dishes and Italian coffee. The contemporary lounge has fashionable furniture and a large-screen TV.

Buchanan Bus Station, for easily accessing the city’s shops and sights, is 5 minutes’ walk from the citizenM hotel.

Amit

Thanks guys.

I'm looking for one close to Buchannan bus station.

Be easy for me to stumble there half cut

Del

I just found something cheap and cheerful near where we are meeting but I just saw your post above about being near the bus station. Here it is anyway:-

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv38269a/hotel-reservations/242391_queenspark-budget-hotel-glasgow.aspx

Staying near the bus station will probably cost more because it's in the city centre. Getting from the above hotel to the bus station by taxi will only take about 10-15 mins.

I'll see what else I can find. :)