Sign in to follow this  
John1954

What do I do to have it fixed?

John1954

Hello,

I am sort of a newbie. I used to post on a replica club site back in 2005-2006. I am not sure if this is the evolved site, but if not, this is a great site to join and become a part of. I had to go away for a little while..... and I lost my watch collection in the bargain. So, I joined this site a few weeks ago and I have purchased a few watches from your trusted dealers...Marvellous Replicas, Silex, and Timeshops. All purchases have been excellent service and very prompt emails and mailings!! I plan to slowly add to the few watches I do have now and, through this sites help and direction, get back a good collection once again. I have only posted once to give good feedback to Michelle at Marvellous Replicas, and I do want to become more involved in my hobby....and get a lot more watches for my collection :thumbsup: .

I do have a question that I would appreciate some help on. I was washing one of the watches that I have...a TT Black face and black bezel Rolex Submariner replica....and the "pearl" at the top of the insert came out and went down the drain, I guess I was too rough with cleaning the watch.. I would like to have it repaired...buy a new insert and put it in myself? or have someone put just a new marker in the insert? or.....what do you gentlemen recommend? I would like to fix it ASAP because now that I have the watch I really want to wear it. My stupidity for being to rough and causing the mishap!!

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

John

Bobbylah

Welcome (back?) John.

You have covered both options. Depending on model you can get a Clark insert on ebay (may include pearl) or order from TD's. I will let more experienced people than me make better recs!

fatarms

Be sure the watch is waterproof and tested before washing a watch in the sink.

Balad1

Welcome new/old Brother.

To be honest most reps aren't water resistant enough to be washing in the sink safely, be careful with that.

Not up on the replacement pearl but others will chime in and are.

Member X

When you said you 'went away for a while', was that at Her Majesty's Pleasure? :lol: lol

dingle

welcome back to the nuthouse :)

trailboss99

When you said you 'went away for a while', was that at Her Majesty's Pleasure? :lol: lol

:facepalm: Not a question one normally asks mate.

Yup, the WM pearl (about ten bucks) is the answer but if you are not in the USofA you will need some kind soul there to ship it for you as the OS postage rates from WM are beyond outrageous.

John1954

Yup, the WM pearl (about ten bucks) is the answer but if you are not in the USofA you will need some kind soul there to ship it for you as the OS postage rates from WM are beyond outrageous.

I don't mind you asking....but will I tell?? Let's just say I paid a debt to the USA society. :vomit: The worst part of it was that I lost my watch collection in the process. I didn't mind paying my debt to society, but to lose my watches?? That was the worst part of it!!!! :thumbdown: .

Thank you to Powderfreak...I just ordered the pearl through the link you posted for me...Much thanks to all suggestions. I will be posting more as I start to build my collection once again. Thank you all for the feedback.

John1954 from the USA.

Baldrick

I recognise that moniker..John1954, from either TRC or RWG (TCLKC)...welcome back :D

Balad1

Shit happens John, just move on and rebuild your collection.

Glad that you've rejoined us.

Member X

Apologies - noseyness combined with forum anonymity struck :facepalm:

Baldrick

I think MX was just being frivolous and attempting humour, makes no never mind, I'm sure J1954 wouldn't take offense at the jibe :D

John1954

I recognise that moniker..John1954, from either TRC or RWG (TCLKC)...welcome back :D

Apologies - noseyness combined with forum anonymity struck :facepalm:

Apologies are not necessary, I have to find humor in my situation and since it is over now, I can get back to life's business...getting more watches :) . Thank you to Baldrick, that is where I would post and sell some watches back in 2005...TRC I think was the site. I lost all my computers as well at the time :angry: and lost my favorites also...so I couldn't get back to the old site. Some of my old friends that posted were TTK from Scotland, and some others that I don't remember. Is this the evolved site from that time frame?? This seems to be a very good site and excellent TD's to buy from. Thank you for the welcome back!! :thumbsup2:

gB.

What did you get put away for John?

Glad to see you found your way back.

:)

Baldrick

@John1954....this is not an 'evolved' site from TRC, but a lot of the old members from TRC are here occasionally ...Demsey / Omni / Gran / Star etc etc...and Offshore is here on a regular basis, TTK doesn't post here....I'm regarded as an alternative to him...albeit not as witty or as funny ;):D.

Welcome back, there's a lot of good guys here and the usual smattering of morons, not much different from TRC and my advice to you would be.....this is the Webnet, keep your own council regarding personal matters, you wouldn't stand on Times Square shouting about your history, would you ;)

Member X

Baldrick is TTK...

... or is he????!??

The mystery continues... :lol:

You will be very pleasantly surprised at what you can get now for the money, get reading and checking out the Wristie threads and get that shopping list growing! :D

John1954

@John1954....this is not an 'evolved' site from TRC, but a lot of the old members from TRC are here occasionally ...Demsey / Omni / Gran / Star etc etc...and Offshore is here on a regular basis, TTK doesn't post here....I'm regarded as an alternative to him...albeit not as witty or as funny ;):D.

Welcome back, there's a lot of good guys here and the usual smattering of morons, not much different from TRC and my advice to you would be.....this is the Webnet, keep your own council regarding personal matters, you wouldn't stand on Times Square shouting about your history, would you ;)

You are definitely correct...enough about personal matters!! What I want to do is work on enlarging my collection and knowledge about watches. Baldrick, I look forward to reading your posts. TTK was VERY witty and I always enjoyed the "banter" he caused. If you are his alter ego then Hello, and I am glad I found this place!!!