Sign in to follow this  
jay2748

newbie in the uk

jay2748

Hey guys,

I am looking to get my 1st rep watch but a little worried on getting it through uk customs.

Any ideas on success rates on getting them through?

And whats the best dealer to get them off im looking to get a rolex submariner.

thanks

Paul

jeffw69

Welcome Paul with screen name jay. :lol:

Cyril_Clunge

Welcome Paul :wave: :damnthecolonials:

You have no worries about customs. As for which Sub and which dealer, start reading, there is much to learn here.

conx

Never had a customs problem into the uk - yet :) so dont fret about that. Better to spend your time deciding which trusted dealer you like the sound of (always use the trusted deales = golden rule #1). They can all supply a decent sub.

Let us know what you endup buying.

Welcome to the addiction of rep collecting.

sconehead

...as above 30+ reps...no customs issues...ever...wish I could say the same about light fingered postal workers though...:(

jay2748

Thanks guys..

i was thinking of using timeshops.net.

nunu78

Welcome to the nuthouse my fellow Brit, her majesty custom is the most friendliest in regards of reps, around the world.

Luthier

Study dealers feedbacks, then choose the dealer. Not all dealers update their websites, so, the best way is to shoot the email to dealers.

RichardMiami

as Luthier said.... pick your dealer first. Get a good pic of your watch and send it to several of the Trusted Dealers... they will respond and tell you if it's available and how much.. and if there are movement options they will tell you that also.

Forget their websites - they are good for browsing only. They do NOT keep those sites up to date with "available inventory"..... best to do it the way we are suggesting.

Good Luck!

Grimmi

Hi, welcome and welcom from Australia... So sorry i can't help you with info on UK customs etc, but as for where to buy etc, I agree with Richard and Luthier, better start reading and go with one of the TDs (trusted dealers)...

I have until recently been sourcing my reps from a dealer here in Aus who has a contact in china, but thought I'd give a go with someone else and see how it went. I'm waiting on a rep from timeshops which should be delivered today (which was very quick), so we'll see how it goes...

Regards,

Grimmi

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

As per the messages above, there are no issues with UK Customs - they are probably the most rep-friendly in the world! :nana:

It depends what rep you are looking for. If it's a relatively cheap one (<$150) then TS would be ok but I'd personally recommend you consider Narikaa instead. If you are looking at the latest top-end reps then Marvellous Replica and Toro would get my vote. However, please do your own "homework" to fully research what dealer to use and what watch to buy. Learn first you must....:yoda:

Luthier

I officially hate you, Del.

:rofl:

Del

No "Yellow one" for you then! :lol:

James.

G'day.

Sparkal

From one newbie to another what has been said above is all true, my bro in law in uk has never had an issue with customs..

And choose a dealer from the TD section after reviewing, reviewing and reviewing. The TD's I deal with were all very helpful before I even chose to deal with them.

Good luck sir.

Luthier

No "Yellow one" for you then! :lol:

The best ever dealer, whom you didn't mention, will find one for me.

:P