Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Snap these up!

trailboss99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330379525712

$125 for case,7750 MVT, MVT ring, stem and crown. Asymetric pushers too.

He also has 7750s converted to handwind and the closer to gen skinny (14mm) case!

Col.

Edit: from KBH

This seller is David Wong of the famous DW cases. Basically the same case that people generally sell for a lot more than this whole watch. If I was looking for another vintage Daytona, I'd jump on this one.

Just make sure you and he are in agreement on exactly what you are getting before you pay.

KBH

Thanks Col. Guess I should have posted that over here too. What was I thinking?

JoeyB

Does David Wong have a web site for his famous cases?

KBH

I'm not sure. He mostly sell them on CQout, but uses the same seller name.

Member X

So you could buy this and then just get hands and dial for a vintage daytona? And you'd then have a daytona??

JoeyB
I'm not sure. He mostly sell them on CQout, but uses the same seller name.

I don't know 'CQout', is that a web site?

AllergyDoc

It's in Europe. Set up like an "auction" site, but it's not really.

http://www.cqout.com/

sconehead

Bit of advice Joey, you can barter with them at CQout. Check out what they've been selling for and make an offer by pm, not using the official 'make offer' system...:lol:

JoeyB
Bit of advice Joey, you can barter with them at CQout. Check out what they've been selling for and make an offer by pm, not using the official 'make offer' system...:lol:

Thanks. I looked, they didn't have anything I could use. I have a watch coming from Sillix with the case I need, but it will need some modding. I've sourced all the rest I want from the 'usual suspects', but now looking for better deals. I have time on my side, it's no rush. But I do have to decide if I want to use the original bakelight insert or the later metal one, and someplace to get the small GMT hand and fit it to the ETA movement. You know, the fun stuff!

KBH
So you could buy this and then just get hands and dial for a vintage daytona? And you'd then have a daytona??

He will sell them with a vintage Daytona dial. You just have to ask him for it.

sconehead
Bit of advice Joey, you can barter with them at CQout. Check out what they've been selling for and make an offer by pm, not using the official 'make offer' system...:D

Thanks. I looked, they didn't have anything I could use. I have a watch coming from Sillix with the case I need, but it will need some modding. I've sourced all the rest I want from the 'usual suspects', but now looking for better deals. I have time on my side, it's no rush. But I do have to decide if I want to use the original bakelight insert or the later metal one, and someplace to get the small GMT hand and fit it to the ETA movement. You know, the fun stuff!

Remember the link I posted a while ago to the gen Rolex forum? If you want a gen insert just pm me and I'll contact the guy over there for you...:irish_dance:

sconehead

At no extra cost of course?

KBH

At no extra cost of course?

Don't know for sure but I think the only upcharge is for him to set it up as a 7760 with the slim case or sell an extra case back. What I heard (I think) was $20 extra.