Sign in to follow this  
pollux1

ETA 6497 ratchet click not holding correct position?

pollux1

Hi all, I have an ETA 6497, recently serviced. It was bought recently and it seems the screw retaining the ratchet click came loose during transit, I tightened it but it still won't stop

itself from unwinding. Any help is hugely appreciated. posted at rwgjr too.

mad dawg

Sounds to me like the ratchet pin is not returning to position. Therefore the ratchet pin screw is too tight or the return spring has broke.

My 2c

MD

pollux1

I've removed the screw and click, but the spring won't retain it's position when the click is reinstalled, broken spring maybe? It looks fine though

sconehead
I've removed the screw and click, but the spring won't retain it's position when the click is reinstalled, broken spring maybe? It looks fine though

I did a partial stripdown of this movement here, http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...?showtopic=2035

It shows clearly the click mechanism, it's parts and how it's assembled.

If there's something missing or a part is broken let me know as I have a few bits off a donor movement...:Shocked:

pollux1

I did a partial stripdown of this movement here, http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...?showtopic=2035

It shows clearly the click mechanism, it's parts and how it's assembled.

If there's something missing or a part is broken let me know as I have a few bits off a donor movement...:Shocked:

That;s the thing Sconey, the spring looks ok but it definitely won't stay in place against the ratchet, could the spring be broken mate?

sconehead

The spring is upturned at both ends, this holds it in position in the locating hole and the notch in the click itself. Can you post a pic of the movement/click mechanism and the spring itself, this will help in sussing out the problem mate...:wub:

pollux1

Hi again Sconey, I installed the spring again, screwed the click down and it worked until i fully wound it, then the screw for the click came loose, the problem is if I tighten the click screw tightly it won't work. What do you reckon mate?

sconehead

Could be a couple of things. Have you oiled the post with D-5 that the click pivots on? Is the pivot post free from burrs? Is the click spring itself mishaped and are the spring 'tabs' seated properly in their positions? Is the click worn/bent?

A pic would really help, don't worry though, if the spring or click is U/S I have some spares I'll post you gratis...:lol:

sconehead

You have a pm pollux1...:lol: