Sign in to follow this  
DannyBoy818

Can anyone help!!!! Whats the Difference....

DannyBoy818

Im looking at Timeshop.net Im planning on getting the Panerai Pam 111...but i dont know what the difference between the N series and the M series...They are both the same price...any advice on which one to choose from?

http://www.timeshops.net/12229-xfpa6120-pam111-luminor-marina-black-dial-ss-ru-noobfactory-1-1-best-v-asian-6497.html

http://www.timeshops.net/10756-pa3400-pam111-luminor-marina-black-dial-ss-lt-asian-6497.html

Thanks I'm a noobie looking for my first purchase thanks!

greg_r

The M series is the older one and actually no longer available.

The N series is the more recent version, but make sure it's the latest release as they've recently tweaked it slightly.

Note that, in common with all of the dealers who make sales primarily through their websites, Timeshop's website is not always up to date - they still list quite a lot of older models that may not still be available - they simply don't have the time (or, sometimes the necessary information) to go through and clean out the discontinued models...

To re-iterate what we said in the other thread:

You should buy a noob 111N v3 and no other ;)

solkryssare

The last one is a V1 Noob 111 M. I would not buy it since there is both a V2, V2,5 and a V3 N out :D

DannyBoy818

ok the M series is out of the question. so i should buy the N Series from timeshop?

http://www.timeshops.net/12229-xfpa6120-pam111-luminor-marina-black-dial-ss-ru-noobfactory-1-1-best-v-asian-6497.html

sorry guys it seems like its you 2 that are helping me. I cant sleep until I BUY a PAM 111 thanks for all your help

greg_r

Honestly, I'd tend to buy upmarket reps elsewhere. Whatever the dealer, it's the same process - you order, they get from the factory, but the smaller dealers will give you a more personal service and are likely to be a little better on the QC side. Personally I'd buy from Toro, MReplica or Mary.

RichardMiami

Scan through the Dealer Feedback section. Those reviews of the dealers will tell you who has the best service and quality. The N series is probably available from several dealers - I believe Toro was selling them, and Watch Intl can probably get it for you also.

"Pick your dealer first, then pick your watch" is a good rule to go by.

solkryssare

ok the M series is out of the question. so i should buy the N Series from timeshop?

http://www.timeshops...asian-6497.html

sorry guys it seems like its you 2 that are helping me. I cant sleep until I BUY a PAM 111 thanks for all your help

Thats a V2 :) Better than the V1 and definitely not a bad buy

DannyBoy818

Thanks a lot you guys for all your help. I've talked to Toro and he said he is out of stock for several weeks. Mary is on vacation until August 4th. So my last resort was to look at Timeshop. But your advice is great. I think I will wait until Mary is back in another day and ask her. If not I guess I'll have to wait and daydream until Toro gets more. Thanks a lot!

Del

Also try Marvellous Replica - email them to ask. They will reply quickly. ;)

DannyBoy818

emailing them now

wolfpacker

If you end up waiting another day on Mary you won't be disappointed. She and Rochest are superb to deal with. With that said Toro is great as well and my very first PAM purchase came from him. I have to say Richard gave you some great advice..."pick your dealer first then your watch". Good luck in your purchase and be sure to post pics when it lands.

UmpaHimself
Honestly, I'd tend to buy upmarket reps elsewhere. Whatever the dealer, it's the same process - you order, they get from the factory, but the smaller dealers will give you a more personal service and are likely to be a little better on the QC side. Personally I'd buy from Toro, MReplica or Mary.

+1 Listen to G he knows a bit on the subject ;)