Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

Newest Omega Speedmaster

graman

Love it. I'd go for that

Diego_UK

Fuck off everyone, I'm first in line. Calling Josh, my old buddy...

Who cares A7750, if A7753 exist???

Please do Luth, and update if you're serious!

If not, then... idk, fuck you. I guess.

... I haven't been around long enough to learn how to cleverly talk trash yet.

jeffw69

:lol:

rhounsell

I saw this at the AD when I was in NYC and loved it immediately for the look but also for the size. Just a great look and feel on the wrist.

Let the wait begin......hopefully it's not too long

powderfreak

don't use a 7750 movement? I don't know, im sure they could make it work if they actually put some thought into the movement of the watch. Hell I wouldn't mind paying more if it was an almost exact rep in working order (cosmetically speaking of course)

You do know that there is only a very small selection of asian (or swiss) movements to be used in replicas? We have a few handwinds (used in Pams and a few dresswatches), a few autos (etas, eta clones, SWs and 21js, some with, some without GMT function) and a few chrono movements (A7750 and 7753, ST-19 handwind, and a few others that have more or less the same function), but no movement will ever work like the gen.

ST-19 movement?

How would that help? The layout of the ST-19 is also one with three subdials - if you take away the second hour hand at 6, then you still won't end up with anything close to the gen movement. BTW, you own a new PO Chrono, ever engaged the chrono for a while? Seen what happens at 3 o'clock? No way that's going to be repped.

Instead of swearing or using "covert sarcasm" that no new member will get.... please explain to me how the A 7753 will mimic the function of a combined 60 minute and 12 hour subdial? Really curious to know.

(Even more to the point, where is the A 7753 better than the A 7750 besides from the datewheel? The date function with the button at 10 really sucks and you can read of coutless examples where that pusher died.)

Luthier

don't use a 7750 movement? I don't know, im sure they could make it work if they actually put some thought into the movement of the watch. Hell I wouldn't mind paying more if it was an almost exact rep in working order (cosmetically speaking of course)

You do know that there is only a very small selection of asian (or swiss) movements to be used in replicas? We have a few handwinds (used in Pams and a few dresswatches), a few autos (etas, eta clones, SWs and 21js, some with, some without GMT function) and a few chrono movements (A7750 and 7753, ST-19 handwind, and a few others that have more or less the same function), but no movement will ever work like the gen.

ST-19 movement?

How would that help? The layout of the ST-19 is also one with three subdials - if you take away the second hour hand at 6, then you still won't end up with anything close to the gen movement. BTW, you own a new PO Chrono, ever engaged the chrono for a while? Seen what happens at 3 o'clock? No way that's going to be repped.

Instead of swearing or using "covert sarcasm" that no new member will get.... please explain to me how the A 7753 will mimic the function of a combined 60 minute and 12 hour subdial? Really curious to know.

(Even more to the point, where is the A 7753 better than the A 7750 besides from the datewheel? The date function with the button at 10 really sucks and you can read of coutless examples where that pusher died.)

1. Seagull St-19 NEVER had 3 subdials, only sec@9 and min@3.

2. Swearing isn't prohibited here.

3. I never address my posts to noobs (unless it's an answer), and OP isn't one. And you confused humor with sarcasm.

4. Omega's idea of seconds and hours subdials is plain stupid - nobody run chrono for hours, measuring something. Seconds and minutes is much better layout.

5. A7750 has sec@9 and min@3, and I'd prefer this layout on mentioned Omega replica, even if it's incorrect.

6. Yes, non-sunken DW is a great plus.

jeffw69

hey, we can dream, right?

this is another watch, like my PO(s), that I may need to talk myself into buying the gen. :facepalm:

DFH

Here we go again - I new you removed your previous sig. for a reason!!!! Done buying watches, my ass!! :giggle:

jeffw69

Here we go again - I new you removed your previous sig. for a reason!!!! Done buying watches, my ass!! :giggle:

:giggle::maty:

DFH

Actually - you should go for it - that's a gen Omega I would buy myself!! Killer....

jeffw69

Actually - you should go for it - that's a gen Omega I would buy myself!! Killer....

You are such an enabler!!!!!!! :lol:

DFH

Life is short, my friend - we gotta go for what we want!!!! (or any other excuse that helps justify our madness...) :giggle:

DeLaForce

Like!

graman

I'd buy one with seconds and minutes... No problems ;)

Lovely watch... Would look great with superlume too....

Diego_UK

I'd buy one with seconds and minutes... No problems ;)

Lovely watch... Would look great with superlume too....

:drool:

jacobarch

Well lets see what happens with this. I say make a request to some Dealers and see what we come up with. Can't hurt

powderfreak

1. Seagull St-19 NEVER had 3 subdials, only sec@9 and min@3.

True, but I was referring to the "alleged" St-19 that is often used with a subdial at 6 to 1) either follow the hour hand or 2) be frozen (see a few vintage 'tona reps).

It still won't work like the Omega cal. 9300, even with modifications.

3. I never address my posts to noobs (unless it's an answer), and OP isn't one. And you confused humor with sarcasm.

Your post suggests the A 7753 could mimic the cal. 9300's functions. That is incorrect and I merely pointed out that you could be more precise, not only for the benefit of noobs, but for all of us.

4. Omega's idea of seconds and hours subdials is plain stupid - nobody run chrono for hours, measuring something. Seconds and minutes is much better layout.

That's plain wrong. First of all, you let the chronos run all the time, as you have proudly stated on more than one occasion. Secondly, why wouldn't you use your chronograph to measure experiments or other stuff that takes hours? Or how about a regatta? A triathlon? Transcontinental flights? Seconds and minutes is only sufficient if you measure the boiling time of your eggs - even for races or other short processes many chronographs have been built to measure 1/10th or even 1/100th of a second. So don't suggest your opinion is based on facts, it's just what you think.

5. A7750 has sec@9 and min@3, and I'd prefer this layout on mentioned Omega replica, even if it's incorrect.

Again, that's your opinion and I was just pointing out that no replica movement will work like the gen.

6. Yes, non-sunken DW is a great plus.

Agreed, but... see above.

powderfreak

Well lets see what happens with this. I say make a request to some Dealers and see what we come up with. Can't hurt

You really think a request from a few schmucks on a replica forum will end up in a certain model being produced? :rofl:

Factories don't care what we think.

Dealers don't produce anything. They buy and sell what's there.

Requesting something from a dealer (that isn't already made) will only end up in: "Sorry friend, can't get this, please choose other model" (honest answer!) or "Will talk to the factory and see what we can do" (99% bullshit, maybe 1% truth in it, as seen with the AP v3 Diver feedback and Puretime).

Don't get me wrong here, I'd really like to see a rep of that Speedy (or a true-to-gen-working PO Chrono), but it's most likely not going to happen. That's what I am trying to get into your heads. And truth to be told I am surprised that it takes such an effort to convince you. Just recently it was mentioned that we are not only the board with the most rude members (esp. towards noobs) but that we are often the board with the least knowledge and sometimes I agree. That should be taken into account when writing something about watches. So instead of rude comments or ridiculous ideas why don't folks do some research on their own - after all that's what some of us are really good at screaming out, if a noob asks a question. Seems like a lot of us don't do their research, do we?

SB56667
:popcorn:

powderfreak

So you do or do not agree? Or are afraid to tell?

Diego_UK

So you do or do not agree? Or are afraid to tell?

dator

I believe either Angus or Josh takes requests if there's enough interest...

I say we all band together and ask him for this one, and while we're at it... *ahem*

omega-seamaster-professional-james-bond-007-50th-03.jpg

Posted already ? -> http://etatw2011.com/Product_Show.asp?ID=7107

Diego_UK

I believe either Angus or Josh takes requests if there's enough interest...

I say we all band together and ask him for this one, and while we're at it... *ahem*

omega-seamaster-professional-james-bond-007-50th-03.jpg

Posted already ? -> http://etatw2011.com...how.asp?ID=7107

That is totally, absolutely, completely and without a shadow of a doubt a gen. For a rep of it to come out this quickly and look that good would be nearly impossible. That's also a non-TD website, and I would rather not even attempt to order from them. I do, however, really want that watch.

... So payment sent. :D