Sign in to follow this  
TWRWG

Advice on PAM177 (or other TI or brushed steel)

TWRWG

Hello,

I am new to the game and trying to figure out how this works - so please be patient.

I am thinking about getting myself a nice Titanium PAM (really like the 177) or brushed steel PAM.

Can anyone advice on a model (N, M, etc.), which has the best output for the 177? Is it generally correct to assume, that the latest model's always are the best?

Also, I have read a lot of good stuff about Toro Bravo. Is he a solid bet on Panerai's or is there another dealer specialized on Panerai I should consider (shipping to the US).

Thank you for any help!

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!

I haven't used Toro yet but I will for my next PAM.

TWRWG

Toro is for sure a good pick. Most dealers can get the H factory m or n. Here's a great resource for Panerai watches...

http://www.replica-w...iew-107365.html

This excellent and a looot of information.

Thank you!

HeavyKrush

No problem TW, stick to the TD's and you'll be OK. The two letter acronym trifecta. Yeah!

TWRWG

Most dealers can get the H factory m or n....

When browsing Toro's I see that he offers two different 177's:

1. PAM177NF

2. PAM177N01

PAM177NF is more expensive, so it save to assume that the more expensive one is the better choice?

Also, what is the difference between the two?

TWRWG

Sorry, one more question:

is the H factory superior over the N factory when it comes to Panerai? Is there in fact any difference to speak off?

ah, so many questions.

Thank you.

UmpaHimself

1. PAM177NF

2. PAM177N01

PAM177NF is more expensive, so it save to assume that the more expensive one is the better choice?

Not exactly sure %100 as he describes both movements as high beat A6497s. More expensive version is stated as "best" which usually implies that the maker has made slight modifications to the case/dial/CG etc. to make it closer to gen. It is also stated to have superlume which is a bonus but not worth the $100+ difference.

More knowledgable guys, correct me if I'm wrong but it appears from my searches that some of the mid range reps use synthetic sapphire to lower cost. Maybe this models crystal is synthetic.

Hello and Welcome!

I haven't used Toro yet but I will for my next PAM.

+1 I might even pick up two. That upgraded beginners 111 is a pretty sweet deal IMO.

Member X

1. PAM177NF

2. PAM177N01

The first of those is the new 'Noobfactory' 177N, the second of those is Toro's own 'beginner' PAM range (which is good value).

Personally I would stretch to the N Factory version - correct cream dial printing, good superlume, good construction if the other N Factory watches are anything to go by. Only slight thing I've spotted on them is that the CrownGuard pin hole seems to be slightly overdrilled, but it seems to be the same on all of them and it's a pretty small issue :)

N Factory and H Factory (the 'Hublot factory')both make good PAM models. For me, I would choose N over H factory, just because of the correct colour dial printing on the 44mm models and the fact they feel a bit better constructed (IMHO ;))

Member X

More knowledgable guys, correct me if I'm wrong but it appears from my searches that some of the mid range reps use synthetic sapphire to lower cost. Maybe this models crystal is synthetic.

All Sapphire used for watch crystals is synthetic ;)

"Synthetic Sapphire" is, however, used as another term for 'mineral crystal', I think? Some slight mislabelling by Dealers if they use this, because it implies it's sapphire when it's not.

UmpaHimself

All Sapphire used for watch crystals is synthetic ;)

"Synthetic Sapphire" is, however, used as another term for 'mineral crystal', I think? Some slight mislabelling by Dealers if they use this, because it implies it's sapphire when it's not.

Yes I thought it seemed a bit curious. Thanks for the clarification.

TWRWG

1. PAM177NF

2. PAM177N01

The first of those is the new 'Noobfactory' 177N, the second of those is Toro's own 'beginner' PAM range (which is good value).

Personally I would stretch to the N Factory version - correct cream dial printing, good superlume, good construction if the other N Factory watches are anything to go by. Only slight thing I've spotted on them is that the CrownGuard pin hole seems to be slightly overdrilled, but it seems to be the same on all of them and it's a pretty small issue :)

N Factory and H Factory (the 'Hublot factory')both make good PAM models. For me, I would choose N over H factory, just because of the correct colour dial printing on the 44mm models and the fact they feel a bit better constructed (IMHO ;))

Thank you for that info.

I emailed Toro last night to see if the watch is in stock and he got back to me already - couldnt be any faster.

I will need to make up my mind which model i want to choose; tricky.

DannyBoy818

im confused now...so when a TD says its sapphire with AR coating (like gen) that means its mineral crystal with AR coating? Or is it sapphire crystal with AR coating like the gen?

HeavyKrush
im confused now...so when a TD says its sapphire with AR coating (like gen) that means its mineral crystal with AR coating? Or is it sapphire crystal with AR coating like the gen?
if a dealer posts "sapphire" then it should be sapphire. If a dealer posts "synthetic sapphire" you'll want to clarify what it actually is made of.

Member X
if a dealer posts "sapphire" then it should be sapphire. If a dealer posts "synthetic sapphire" you'll want to clarify what it actually is made of.

+1

The Trusted Dealers here should accurately describe the watch. If you aren't sure, you can always post a thread to ask for assistance :)

1. PAM177NF

2. PAM177N01

Thank you for that info.

I emailed Toro last night to see if the watch is in stock and he got back to me already - couldnt be any faster.

I will need to make up my mind which model i want to choose; tricky.

I would go for the more expensive one straight off - I usually buy a cheap version of something but then want to go for the more expensive version because I like it so much :facepalm::lol:

TWRWG

I would go for the more expensive one straight off - I usually buy a cheap version of something but then want to go for the more expensive version because I like it so much :facepalm::lol:

I think, that is what I am intending to do.

It appears that Toro's N factory is superior over the H factory (just read some feedback from Mary about her view on H factory post-sales service).

TWRWG

Guys, thank you very much for all the feedback and input.

I ordered a 177NF from Toro and communication with him has been outstanding so far.

I approved the QC pics and now waiting for the watch to arrive.

Thanks again - great forum!!

YoungGPS

Welcome and congrats with your incoming Pam! :band:

ebzen02

"pathetic"

ebzen02

Edit..wrong thread.lol

Member X

Guys, thank you very much for all the feedback and input.

I ordered a 177NF from Toro and communication with him has been outstanding so far.

I approved the QC pics and now waiting for the watch to arrive.

Thanks again - great forum!!

Excellent, well done!

I am sure you will be very happy :)

Make sure you post some pics when it arrives! :D

TWRWG

The 177N arrived today, which was super quick.

Toro is a great dealer - extremely responsive and patient with my many questions. Highly recommended.

The PAM is in excellent condition and I am very happy.

Thanks again for all advises here!

mianos

TTIUWPs

Pics?

TWRWG

@mianos, what does that mean: TTIUWPs?

I will try to upload some pictures.

mianos

This thread is useless without pics :)