Sign in to follow this  
DannyBoy818

Buying my second REP...need advice

DannyBoy818

I bought the Pam 312 from toro which is my first rep..havent received it yet. But I'm already looking to buy my second rep..From all the threads and posts that I read. It seems to me that the Pam 111 is the closest rep to the gen out of all the panerai reps out there? Am I wrong? I bought the Pam 312 because i just love the style. Now I'm looking for a rep that closest matches a gen. Would that be the Pam 111? Or is there another panerai rep out there that is closer?

Luthier

Chasing 1:1 replicas is not very smart or fruitful idea. Closest to gen? Many. But absolutely all have some flaws. Personally, I don't understand this "1:1" craziness.

There's much more chances, that you'll be hit by shity driver, than meeting a guy with the same watch, as yours on his wrist. And even if so... there's 90% possibility, that he knows shit about watches.

DannyBoy818

Luthier your right. Im not looking for a 1:1 replica but anything close to it. I might be wishing for the stars on that but is there any? Or do u recommend a rep?

YoungGPS

IMO the Pam 424 and 448 are also close to match the gen.

jacobarch

I think the 005 is pretty close. I remember seeing side by side pictures and its almost impossible to tell them apart. The problem is the insides of the watch. But if you're going for cosmetics I'd go with the 005.

And Luth is right people don't generally know shit about watches and nor do they usually care. It's all about you being happy with what you're wearing.

DannyBoy818

when it comes to the inside of the watch i really dont care. im going for cosmetics. I'm new to posting so i dont know how to post a poll. but as i see it so far its 1 for the 005 and 1 for the 424 n 448

Rav747

005 and my personal choice would be 318.

solkryssare

The 111 N V3 is VERY close to gen. A good choice for a second buy and a classic which should be in very Pam collection.

jacobarch

they have a V3? does it still have the clear back? did they fix the way the movement looks?

lapinobel

What's wrong with how the movement looks in the v2.5 ? Recently got one from Toro and I'm amazed by how great this watch looks. To be honest, I'm almost wondering why people spend thousands of euros on a gen when a rep comes this close. Only difference I can think of, is that the quality of the movements are shitty compared to gen. Not sure this is true though.

jacobarch

its a bit different looking if my memory serves me correctly. I'm more into solid case backs i guess. I just want to know the differences between 2.5 and 3

DannyBoy818

I didnt know the V3 was out..hmmm so what im hearing is the pam 111 is the way to go? and maybe the 005?

greg_r

A lot of the current Panerai reps are very close to gen. Particularly good ones include:

PAM111n v3

PAM 288k (radiomir chrono)

PAM 127 (Fiddy - hard to get but a GREAT rep)

PAM 177n

PAM 390

PAM 104

PAM 005

All are close enough to gen to fool all but a real expert...

baffmike

My Pam 000 logo is very good.

jeffw69

only prob with the 111, 005, 000, etc. is that they are so fucking boring.

True, how hard can it be to make such a basic dial 1:1?

HeavyKrush

243 is a pretty good bet. Check this link: http://puretime.co/product/pam243-m-noob-maker-11-ultimate-edition-on-rubber-strap-v2-a7750-free-strap-tool/

Other dealers can get this watch In the same version.

Here's a great resource for Panerai. Browse for "Super Reps".

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365.html

Member X

The 187 is a good rep, isn't it?

jeffw69

The 187 is a good rep, isn't it?

Some would say SUPER. :Whistle:

SB56667

There's much more chances, that you'll be hit by shity driver, than meeting a guy with the same watch, as yours on his wrist. And even if so... there's 90% possibility, that he knows shit about watches.

In which case you can convince him that HE'S the one with the rep. :lmao:

fabiodossantos77

I bought the Pam 312 from toro which is my first rep..havent received it yet. But I'm already looking to buy my second rep..From all the threads and posts that I read. It seems to me that the Pam 111 is the closest rep to the gen out of all the panerai reps out there? Am I wrong? I bought the Pam 312 because i just love the style. Now I'm looking for a rep that closest matches a gen. Would that be the Pam 111? Or is there another panerai rep out there that is closer?

Hi.

I'm almost buying those, you should take a look:

but with some changings:

60+15(Deployment Buckle)+25(Sapphire glass)+10(Transparent caseback) = 110USD

BRAND: Marina Militare, Automatic (self-winding) GMT movement, CASE DIAMETER: 44 mm without crown, THICKNESS: 16 mm, Black dial, CASE MATERIAL: Brushed 316L stainless steel case case with back and Brushed bezel, BRACELET: Leather Strap with buckle, FRONT GLASS: Sapphire glass, BACK GLASS: Solid Case back with insignia (Transparent caseback), CLASP TYPE : Deployment Buckle

And this for my wife = 70USD

http://www.manbushijie.com/productshow-546-3.html

With some changings too.

BRAND: Marina Militare, MOVEMENT: Automatic (self-winding) movement, CASE DIAMETER: 40 mm without crown, THICKNESS: 15 mm, BAND WIDTH: 22 mm, DIAL COLOR: White Dial, CASE MATERIAL: Brushed 316L stainless steel case with back and polished bezel, BRACELET: White Leather Strap with buckle, FRONT GLASS: scratch proof mineral glass, BACK GLASS: Solid Case back with insignia, CLASP TYPE : Deployment Buckle

shipping cost: 13USD

Total: 110+70+13= 193USD (to Brasil)

You should take a look on this site, if you don't know. The seller is friendly and kind, people in many sites say good about him (I think I can trust him). And you can choose the watch parts as you want.

I'll probably buy one for me and one for my wife. Is not a 1:1 rep., but I think we'll be happy with the watches.

That's what is important. Is not a Swiss movement, but what's the problem? I just want a cool watch. Not a Gen Jewel on my wrist (like a gen. U$10.000 PAM).

Chasing 1:1 replicas is not very smart or fruitful idea. Closest to gen? Many. But absolutely all have some flaws. Personally, I don't understand this "1:1" craziness.

I Agree.

only prob with the 111, 005, 000, etc. is that they are so fucking boring.

True, how hard can it be to make such a basic dial 1:1?

Yes, and this watch I'm going buy is not so boring, although I like those too (111, 005, 000).

Bye, guys.

ALE7575

Hi

You will get the info in below link:

Please consult the RWI Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE

http://www.replica-w....html?p=1050990

All the reps Evaluated as Super reps are the best PAM available

You should add to the list from other members PAM 243, PAM 029, PAM 088, PAM 183 and others...

Regards

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

stanwoo

all noob reps are pretty close to the gen ones. such as 111, 177, 104, 164, 127, 217, 292, etc.

emmune

1. It's important to establish what look you want. It doesn't matter how close to gen it is if you don't like the look of it, you are not going to where it.

2. Go with closed-caseback. Movements are instant tells to anyone in the know (this would rule out Pam111)

For you I'd suggest Pam005n (from noobfactory) since you seem to like the Pam111. Pam005 has less "tells" than the Pam111.

Also check out ALE's guide on RWI...honestly the best guide ever made.

Member X

1. It's important to establish what look you want. It doesn't matter how close to gen it is if you don't like the look of it, you are not going to where it.

+1

Buy what you like as buying what other people say is good will mean you never 'bond' with the watch or truly love it, although consider trying things out and selling them on if you don't like them in the end.

2. Go with closed-caseback. Movements are instant tells to anyone in the know (this would rule out Pam111)

True, but how often do you take your watch off your wrist and hand it to a stranger? ;):D