Sign in to follow this  
graman

What attracted you to reps & rep forums?

Massimo
All the above is a big lie, I started on the rep forums because of Dave123's awesomeness...didn't we all??? :Whistle:

Yep, and he guided us all every step of the way :rolleyes:

Mind you, I always liked the guy, and I did end up getting rep BCE on the back of all his Breitling propoganda. Nice watches, and they are having a bit of a revival around here lately. We went months without seeing one I'm sure!

ebzen02
:Whistle: I love these

AllergyDoc
all his Breitling propoganda. Nice watches, and they are having a bit of a revival around here lately. We went months without seeing one I'm sure!

I know! I can't get a BCE and Super Avenger out of my mind, now that I have another Skyland.

Good thing I buy reps. If it was gens, I couldn't experiment.

dingle
all his Breitling propoganda. Nice watches, and they are having a bit of a revival around here lately. We went months without seeing one I'm sure!

I know! I can't get a BCE and Super Avenger out of my mind, now that I have another Skyland.

Good thing I buy reps. If it was gens, I couldn't experiment.

here, here AD. I now have 2 more reps added to the wishlist. :rolleyes:

graman

bump....need more input...

Actually, I'm just threadcrapping...

trailboss99
All the above is a big lie, I started on the rep forums because of Dave123's awesomeness...didn't we all??? Whistle.gif

Oh but of cause. We all owe Canadian Man everything. Just today he posted at RWg2 to let us all know that the Black Steel would never have been made if it wasn't for him. Are we not just soooooo lucky!

So, allways remember:

CanadianMan123-1.jpg

Col.

graman
:beer::popcorn::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

AustinTech

I started looking at getting a gen BCE a few years ago...(holy crap, it's been years)...at any rate, I had the money for one, but letting that cash out of my hands wasn't easy. Actually, I just couldn't do it. ANyway, I figured I'd look around online and see if I could find a way to order a decent fake. While I was sifting through all the scam sites I ran into this place (RWG1). The v2 BCE had just come out and it looked really really good. It was $350 with shipping...when I got it I was amazed at the quality.

At any rate, I figured I'd look at some other reps, and I found RG. It was a good place to buy and sell, so I spent some time over there. I immediately decided Anubis was an ignorant ass. :beer: THat started when he told me not to post in a 6 PAGE thread until I read all six pages first. I told him to fuck off, and then reminded him that I wasn't even talking to him in the thread. A couple of other members told him to shut up as well. Oh well.

I came back to RWG1.1 once it was up and running, and when I was tired of the RG bullshit.

I stay cause...well...I don't know...I suppose it is the watches, but it is also the great online "personas" you meet.

NFleischer

I started getting into watches about 20 years ago, before that i never cared

and wore a Citizen for $100. i always chose the rolex style models. then

i bought my first decent gen- Tag quartz. also happened to look like a rolex.

my first big birthday-40; i treated myself to a real rollie DJ. meanwhile because i live in NYC

i had always seen the reps on Canal Street. i started buying a few for variety. then somehow, like AD

i discovered online reps and bought a few from BestSwiss & Ideal- ouch. one day i stumbled onto RW2

and posted how i got ripped off by BestSwiss. the bad news- when i saw how cheap i could get the reps for!

i went alittle nuts- started getting almost everything, especially rollie & pam. now i'm sunk: 60 something pieces rep and gen.

i've been trying to quit but its tough.Here's part of the damage

DSC00196.jpg

Edited by NFleischer

dingle

bump for graman! :lol:

KBH

I was looking to replace a gen DJ that is lying on the bottom of Biscayne Bay. Lost in a drunken haze during a Jimmy Buffet concert at the old Miami Marine Stadium, sitting in a sailboat dinghy tied onto the corner of the stage.

I heard about reps from a contractor friend in Miami who showed me a fake he got conned on. He thought it was a gen and he bought from some guy on the street who said he ripped it off from somebody else and was selling it cheap. He was the one who told me about reps on the Internet. That day was the ruination of my life.

After 2 weeks of scouring scam sites. I found RG and RWG1 and that in turn led me to Perfect Clones. Bought my 2 must haves: DJ and the PC "Perfect Sub" or was it the "Classic Sub"? I was in love with them both until I read about "wokky rehaut" and had to sell that Sub shortly thereafter. My friend still loves it since he doesn't understand the anal-ness of the true rep collector. Of course both were "Swiss Eta". Next watch was the Super Sea Dweller which I still have to this day. It's my everyday watch and will be until the new SD from WM9 arrives.

And, of course the DJ that I loved morphed into the Frankenjust, which has of course turned into 3 frankenjusts and enough money spent to buy a gen with money left over. It just wouldn't have been as much fun.

And about 5 different Subs bought and sold later, I'm still looking for the perfect sub.

Hooster

I love good design and workmanship. I like many Breitling watches but to buy a gen is slightly too expensive for my budget. The fact is I have a Breitling gen that I got for an almost outrageous price after some serious negotiations in New York about 15 years ago. I could sell that watch today and get more for it than what I payed back then... I wanted another and I was impressed by the Navtimer. I even got a quote for one on the internet but I could not quite go through with pulling the trigger.

So, I discovered I could have a Navitimer rep that is pretty good, by no means quite like the real thing but still a good value and nice to wear. I went to a gen dealer and asked to have a look at the Navitimer. I have a small wrist and I wondered if I could pull off wearing what is a relatively big watch. I tried it on, and wow, looked and felt outstanding. Needless to say I soon ordered my rep and I am very happy with it. It runs about 20 sec fast a day, but who cares. It is a lovely watch for the price.

I was attracted to rep forums after my Omega from watchgy died. I don't know what caused it's death so I don't want to come down too hard on watchgy but the fact remains that it was a not a great rep and it was gaining about 4 sec/hour when I got it. After I fiddled with teh insides, not really knowing what I was doing, t regulate it it just stopped and has refused to work from that day onwards... So, my conclusion was that I needed help from experienced people who could steer me in the direction of better reps.

Pics of my gen and the rep, beauty and the beast:

BR1_OK.jpg

Chrono_sofa.jpg

FB1_sofa.jpg

Edited by Hooster