Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Omega UPO dial printing

AllergyDoc

I ordered a UPO from Mary, then I remembered that the white number version is reported to have incorrect spacing between the text by the number "6" and the number. Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

If it hasn't, I need to have Mary order me an orange numbered model.

houndoggie
I ordered a UPO from Mary, then I remembered that the white number version is reported to have incorrect spacing between the text by the number "6" and the number. Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

As long as the logo has happy feet and the bezel pearl is mediocre, I doesn't really make much difference, I'd say. Those 2 things are much more obvious than the word spacing.

Plus, if you go gen dial franken, it won't matter anyway.

P_Diddy

what do you mean by 'happy feet'? :lol:

As long as the logo has happy feet and the bezel pearl is mediocre, I doesn't really make much difference, I'd say. Those 2 things are much more obvious than the word spacing.

houndoggie
what do you mean by 'happy feet'? :lol:

gen-

PO.jpg

IMG_4995b.jpg

rep-

3884b73f.jpg

5eadb5fd.jpg

dingle

thanks HD. learned something new today.

sconehead

You thought he was talking about a dancing penguin didn't you DB...go on, admit it... :lol:

Novesh

you know you guy suck...I havn't owned a PO for a long time, maybe I should get one again...

P_Diddy

now I seen what you mean about dancing feet, its so 'obvious' would have thought thats the first thing to be fixed by rep factory!

bob bean

Hey, be careful with the happy feet dancing penguins, I was a core member on that baby for over 4 years!

Oscar winner. Whooooo

dingle

You thought he was talking about a dancing penguin didn't you DB...go on, admit it... :lol:

I'll admit it, it was the first thing that came to mind. I like that movie. :lol:

jdubtriple8

Plus, if you go gen dial franken, it won't matter anyway.

Noob question- what do you mean about going gen dial? Does that mean you can add a genuine dial later??

JDub

AllergyDoc

Yes. The UPO case will take a gen dial. They cost about $200. Also, guys will get gen hands, bezel, crystal. But if you're going to pour $1,000 into a "franken," might as well save for a gen, IMO.

AllergyDoc

To my old eyes, the printing looks normal on this dial:

4193077722_800b70af54_o.jpg

Massimo
To my old eyes, the printing looks normal on this dial:

Comparing it with HD's gen, the "600m / 2000ft" is narrow on the rep: on the gen it's only marginally narrower than "CHRONOMETER."

That said, it looks like a gorgeous enough rep to take a punt on.