Sign in to follow this  
Del

Crazy Sale.

conx

I knew it was too good to be true. Payment declined, no answer to e-mails. Nice dream for a while, though.

His payment gateway is down - you need to email him and pay with WU, Moneygram or Bank Transfer.

Be patient - it is very late in the day in China !

powderfreak

Is that Pam the same one Mary is selling ?

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=31398

I think Marys is slightly different - the caseback has a serial number and the movement seems to have a better finish (although that might be due to bad lighting), it certainly is the same kind. And imo you found a great example for why that price is so good: It's not easy to spot the differences between those versions (if there are any besides the serial number!), yet Tonys is only a third of the price. Go figure...

vexorg

I love you Del! I had too much money and needed to spend it someplace!

Balad1

Great find and post Del.

DeLaForce
glitched, meaning?

edit: also, the additional shipping is only $20, which is what he lists for triangle shipping, but I live in USA soooo... I'm just going to email him and try to be patient for at least another couple hours hahaha

World English Dictionary

glitch (ɡlɪtʃ)

— n

1. a sudden instance of malfunctioning or irregularity in an electronic system

Member X

I love you Del! I had too much money and needed to spend it someplace!

:lol:

boka

Urghf, this is so insanely tempting since I've wanted to get my first Pam but if he doesn't accept paypal that's kind of a hassle.

Frazzle

Thanks for the heads up Del. Just got convince myself that I like the Breitling and that I want another similar faced panerai albeit with a auto movement and a GMT hand. :)

James.

He DOES accept paypal, just await his reply to your email.

I'm awaiting his response re the shipping, I paif the extra $20 in my order (the ling) but I emailed him inq into the shipping, if free i'll send him the extra $39 for the pam too. Why the fuck not.

He's conf receipt of my payment and will send QC pics "shortly"..... ohhhhhh yeah

P4GTR

This is why I stalk Del's posts, they're full of goodness. :lol:

Exercising restraint...

Del

:lol:

Glad some folk have been able to take advantage of the Crazy Sale! ;)

paule11

The Pam is a *Asian Seagull 25J Movement I have the same watch but have metal bracelet . The only thing I dont like is the date is recessed . Watch has been good

boka

Alright, I sent him an email, here's hoping he responds.

davylloyd

O.K., so I hope this is not an unworthy thought, but as Tony is not a TD on these forums, I'll say it anyway.

I've had an e-mail this morning, saying that he no longer takes credit card, but I can pay by Western Union etc.

Here's my question. In the middle of one of the biggest crackdowns in China in a long, long time, a dealer who is not particularly known for giveaway prices suddenly has a 'crazy sale', if you buy two watches, he'll even give you free shipping. Unfortunately, he no longer takes c/c, which is just about the only chance you have of a little protection if the milk should turn out to be sour.

Does anyone else find it odd that whilst other dealers are lying low, factories are taking enforced holidays etc. that a dealer should suddenly do this?

I'm thinking that when a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is. Thoughts anyone?

James.

Paypal him, I did.

OH, AND HE'S A td NEXT DOOR @ rwi

Fucking capslock

davylloyd

Paypal him, I did.

OH, AND HE'S A td NEXT DOOR @ rwi

Fucking capslock

I know that, and I know I can Paypal him, but they're not my questions.

Hazz

Tony has these sales regularly, it will be stock, that he is clearing out, CC is down due to the amount of traffic.

James.

O.K., so I hope this is not an unworthy thought, but as Tony is not a TD on these forums, I'll say it anyway.

I've had an e-mail this morning, saying that he no longer takes credit card, but I can pay by Western Union etc.

Here's my question. In the middle of one of the biggest crackdowns in China in a long, long time, a dealer who is not particularly known for giveaway prices suddenly has a 'crazy sale', if you buy two watches, he'll even give you free shipping. Unfortunately, he no longer takes c/c, which is just about the only chance you have of a little protection if the milk should turn out to be sour.

Does anyone else find it odd that whilst other dealers are lying low, factories are taking enforced holidays etc. that a dealer should suddenly do this?

I'm thinking that when a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is. Thoughts anyone?

You seem to be implying A (hilighted in red); credit card is the only safe way of making a payment, it's not by the way, and B (in blue); the trusted dealer from RWI may be doing something dodgy.

So, "Paypal him, I did" was an answer, albeit more of a short handed version then appropriate, to your "A" question/remark relating to "safe" payment methods, and "OH, AND HE'S A td NEXT DOOR @ rwi" - again not the most eloquently phrased reply but I digress a reply none the less, substantiating the credentials of the dealer next door.

jcagara08

resistance

pooof!

Del

Tony runs these "Crazy Sales" from time to time. As I mentioned in my OP, I bought a PAM186 from one of his previous sales for $99 (it was the A7750 version) - it was a bargain of all bargains and many people were gutted they missed it. And you'll find his prices for regular stock are nearly always a tad less than most other dealers.

While I generally agree with the old addage "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is", in this case it doesn't apply.

But hey, nobody is forcing you to buy from Tony so if you are that concerned then don't. ;)

KeNnY

Order sent

trailboss99

Tony runs these "Crazy Sales" from time to time. As I mentioned in my OP, I bought a PAM186 from one of his previous sales for $99 (it was the A7750 version) - it was a bargain of all bargains and many people were gutted they missed it. And you'll find his prices for regular stock are nearly always a tad less than most other dealers.

While I generally agree with the old addage "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is", in this case it doesn't apply.

But hey, nobody is forcing you to buy from Tony so if you are that concerned then don't. ;)

Thank you Del.

Davey, do you think I would have Tony as a dealer if he were up to anything dodgy?

You have been here for about a month so you have NFI how these things work mate.

As has been pointed out, the dial on this is not the 1:1 AAA+++ version and the caseback

is a little rough. Either Noob Factory have built these up to get rid of a stock of parts that

are not quite up to scratch or they were assembled and then failed to pass NF's QC checks

due to dial and caseback. They would then have been offered to Tony as one of his crazy sale specials.

This happened with the Arktos he did last time. It was built with the wrong caseback so they were sold off

at a very good price.

As for credit card, Why would you need protection on a buy from a Trusted Dealer? The whole point of TDs is something goes wrong they fix it and if they don't we (or in this case, RWI mods) are here to help sort it out. In all my time as an admin on two fora I have never seen a case where a chargeback has been necessary to fix a purchase from a TD. If that happened they would not be trusted, would they? Besides, PayPal offers far greater buyer protection than a CC and if that isn't enough use your CC to pay via PP. This statement tell me you have not done a lot of internet shopping so far or you would know this already.

James.

Thank you Del.

Davey, do you think I would have Tony as a dealer if he were up to anything dodgy?

You have been here for about a month so you have NFI how these things work mate.

As has been pointed out, the dial on this is not the 1:1 AAA+++ version and the caseback

is a little rough. Either Noob Factory have built these up to get rid of a stock of parts that

are not quite up to scratch or they were assembled and then failed to pass NF's QC checks

due to dial and caseback. They would then have been offered to Tony as one of his crazy sale specials.

This happened with the Arktos he did last time. It was built with the wrong caseback so they were sold off

at a very good price.

As for credit card, Why would you need protection on a buy from a Trusted Dealer? The whole point of TDs is something goes wrong they fix it and if they don't we (or in this case, RWI mods) are here to help sort it out. In all my time as an admin on two fora I have never seen a case where a chargeback has been necessary to fix a purchase from a TD. If that happened they would not be trusted, would they? Besides, PayPal offers far greater buyer protection than a CC and if that isn't enough use your CC to pay via PP. This statement tell me you have not done a lot of internet shopping so far or you would know this already.

Long day @ work Col? ;)

I just bought another :facepalm:

graman

Noooooo!!!! Can't do this!!!!!