Sign in to follow this  
Del

Crazy Sale.

KeNnY

Thank you for spending me another 100 Euro for watch.

:lol:

Awesome awesome awesome, can't wait to have a Breitling in my hands ! Nice for the money ! :)

John1954

Payment sent!! More watches for the collection. It's hard to turn down a deal like that. Thank you for the info and links!!!

WebWind

Thank you for spending me another 100 Euro for watch.

:lol:

You are welcome :P

seclark007

:borg:

must....not....spend

KeNnY

:borg:

must....not....spend

it is pointless, just check the Breitling again, you will click add to cart.

davylloyd

O.K., so I hope this is not an unworthy thought, but as Tony is not a TD on these forums, I'll say it anyway.

I've had an e-mail this morning, saying that he no longer takes credit card, but I can pay by Western Union etc.

Here's my question. In the middle of one of the biggest crackdowns in China in a long, long time, a dealer who is not particularly known for giveaway prices suddenly has a 'crazy sale', if you buy two watches, he'll even give you free shipping. Unfortunately, he no longer takes c/c, which is just about the only chance you have of a little protection if the milk should turn out to be sour.

Does anyone else find it odd that whilst other dealers are lying low, factories are taking enforced holidays etc. that a dealer should suddenly do this?

I'm thinking that when a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is. Thoughts anyone?

Tony runs these "Crazy Sales" from time to time. As I mentioned in my OP, I bought a PAM186 from one of his previous sales for $99 (it was the A7750 version) - it was a bargain of all bargains and many people were gutted they missed it. And you'll find his prices for regular stock are nearly always a tad less than most other dealers.

While I generally agree with the old addage "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is", in this case it doesn't apply.

But hey, nobody is forcing you to buy from Tony so if you are that concerned then don't. ;)

Thank you Del.

Davey, do you think I would have Tony as a dealer if he were up to anything dodgy?

You have been here for about a month so you have NFI how these things work mate.

As has been pointed out, the dial on this is not the 1:1 AAA+++ version and the caseback

is a little rough. Either Noob Factory have built these up to get rid of a stock of parts that

are not quite up to scratch or they were assembled and then failed to pass NF's QC checks

due to dial and caseback. They would then have been offered to Tony as one of his crazy sale specials.

This happened with the Arktos he did last time. It was built with the wrong caseback so they were sold off

at a very good price.

As for credit card, Why would you need protection on a buy from a Trusted Dealer? The whole point of TDs is something goes wrong they fix it and if they don't we (or in this case, RWI mods) are here to help sort it out. In all my time as an admin on two fora I have never seen a case where a chargeback has been necessary to fix a purchase from a TD. If that happened they would not be trusted, would they? Besides, PayPal offers far greater buyer protection than a CC and if that isn't enough use your CC to pay via PP. This statement tell me you have not done a lot of internet shopping so far or you would know this already.

....which is exactly why I'm asking the questions. I'm not trying to stop anyone from getting a deal done, or pretending I know it all, I'm simply trying to allay my fears before placing an order. A big part of my doubt was the fact that he is not a trusted dealer on this forum, how would I know why that is?

Quite right, I am a complete newb here, but I have made something like 1,000 paypal transactions buying and selling, and with the utmost respect to you, I don't share your confidence in their buyer protection policies.

Thanks for your comments, though, and I continue to learn. :thumbsup2:

cvp3

Tony emailed me about 2:30am EST to finish the deal via PayPal. I'll add these to the collection like the Arktos and if I don't like it, I'll sell it off after a bit. Absolutely no worries here. Thanks Del for the heads up on this one.

I wonder how many of these Tony has sold? Just curious. They will be gone of course and soon.

KeNnY

nice I wrote him as well, just waiting confirmation :) lets hope he will still have one... can I ask interested if this GEN dial will fit the Breitling ???

$(KGrHqNHJCcE+NDwl6EfBP+eOrSMOQ~~60_57.JPG

THis one is Original Super Avenger Arabic Numerals Blue Mens Watch Dial I don't know what is the difference between the Super Avenger And this Avenger what is probably Skyland ?? Thanks all :)

jeffw69

I am pretty proud of myself.

I have not ordered anything from this crazy sale.

Del

nice I wrote him as well, just waiting confirmation :) lets hope he will still have one... can I ask interested if this GEN dial will fit the Breitling ???

THis one is Original Super Avenger Arabic Numerals Blue Mens Watch Dial I don't know what is the difference between the Super Avenger And this Avenger what is probably Skyland ?? Thanks all :)

Doubt it mate. The SA is 48mm but this Avenger Chrono is only 44 or 45mm iirc.

graman

Me either.... Although the arktos is tempting...

KeNnY

Did you even saw that super fantastic deal on the 7750 Breitling ? that movement probably cost 150 USD alone ?

KeNnY

Doubt it mate. The SA is 48mm but this Avenger Chrono is only 44 or 45mm iirc.

Thank you Derek ! :) I had the SA in my hands, so I can't remember the sizes, but I know who to ask before I order it, but first I need it in my hands to confirm :D thank you again, just searching what I can do to that watch already lol

jeffw69

Did you even saw that super fantastic deal on the 7750 Breitling ? that movement probably cost 150 USD alone ?

Yes, but I am behaving myself. :)

KeNnY

BE NAUGHTY !! :lol:

jeffw69

Well, I DO have a V3 AP Diver with sellita movement coming from Toro.

That is pretty naughty? :lol:

graman

Frankly Kenny.... Great deal, but it's not an IWC ;)

KeNnY

Well, I DO have a V3 AP Diver with sellita movement coming from Toro.

That is pretty naughty? :lol:

That is tiny naughty, not MANLY naughty :lol:

Frankly Kenny.... Great deal, but it's not an IWC ;)

oh yeah, but STILL ! :lol: great value for the price !

Kaiser

I was this close to ordering the PAM till I read someone mentioning - and looking at the pictures once more I saw - that it has a recessed datewheel. I'm not a big nitpicker but if there's one thing I can't stand it's a bloody recessed datewheel!! Not a Breitling fan so I'm going to have to let this sale pass :(

trailboss99

All I need now is a better dial for the Breit preferably in grey.

Trolex

Tony emailed me about 2:30am EST to finish the deal via PayPal. I'll add these to the collection like the Arktos and if I don't like it, I'll sell it off after a bit. Absolutely no worries here. Thanks Del for the heads up on this one.

I wonder how many of these Tony has sold? Just curious. They will be gone of course and soon.

Same here, just sent him the money - hopefully he didn't sell out already LOL

Best deal I've seen on things I actually like!

Ganman

Payment sent! Now the waiting game...

James.

Anyone got a ss bracelet for the breitling they're looking to offload????? hehehe

deadmeat

Ah jeebus. I just had to - this be me first PAM, and been wanting the AV forever. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ganman

Anyone got a ss bracelet for the breitling they're looking to offload????? hehehe

+1000!

Would look great with a ss bracelet