Sign in to follow this  
James.

Getting to know the membership

black263

Old Age Pensioner, and RAF Pensioner, buying my watches with the taxes that you lot pay in UK.

McJules

well why not then!

i'm basicly an aircraft mechanic but i don't work in the field. really unstable here with the recession we had 5 years ago.

i now have my own distribution company. i sell car stuff, mostly all electronics like remote starters, alarms, back-up cameras, oem like radio replacement with navs and stuff ect...

i make straps as a part time hobby, wich most of the time ends up taking more time than my real job :giggle:

almost married (in may 2015), father of a 20 months old lil boy and 2 dogs to watch before they destroy my house lol!

my son, Samuel

4FAB3417-8C21-4089-9223-73F0F0A9299D.jpg

and my 2 brats, Mac (the miniature pinscher) and Jules (the dummy great dane!). now you can figure my username ;)

246972_10150260500260560_1015132_n.jpg

539664_10151448740325696_423135690_n-1.jpg

dfq23

Manager of a galvanising factory. Dad of a nearly two year old girl and here reliving the thrill of the zeon world time watch I got on the weekly from the great universal catalogue when I was about ten

jdog

VP of Operations for a Granola/Snack manufacturing company. Father of 2 girls.

Soldie

Academic researcher, dead head old hippy,married 32 years, 2 golden doggies.

JohnG

why not divulge some for information amongst fellow members

whatchya looking for, DoB, social security number, and cc info? I can scan a copy of my birth certificate too if you like. :lol:

Realism

why not divulge some for information amongst fellow members

whatchya looking for, DoB, social security number, and cc info? I can scan a copy of my birth certificate too if you like. :lol:

DO IT

Ghostripper

I work as a Senior Art Director specialized in Branding for a dog friendly Agency where I can bring my dog, and also an Advertising Automotive/Landscape Photographer.

Olly

Automotive Concept Producer. I was responsible for the bonnet on the Lamborghini Hurricane and the Bugatti SS rear spoiler. I also produce models for concept Aston Martians, Bentleys, Nissans ( GTR ), And Jaguar.

Really love my Job !!!

jard89

I'm a disposable lighter repairman.

TheInthusiest

I am an actor, athlete and i am a part time jeweler. :)

I am also still in school so that is nice.

Love my job(s)

lperdido

Automotive Concept Producer. I was responsible for the bonnet on the Lamborghini Hurricane and the Bugatti SS rear spoiler. I also produce models for concept Aston Martians, Bentleys, Nissans ( GTR ), And Jaguar.

Really love my Job !!!

Nice... What is the Lam... never mind I'll Google it! I wish I could draw cars for a living too.

Olly

No no not draw. Make full size models of the car by a design brief and a sketch :)

lperdido

I work in Financial Services providing basic solutions to families about retirement, college education, insurance, budget and things like that. I set my own hours, so I have a lot of time to research and dream about watches. I am a cyclist and also try to run without imploding my knee and hip. I am a huge F1 fan (go Hamilton!!!) and will watch the beginning and end of any NASCAR race... I am also one of those weird people that can watch bike races on TV and find it interesting.

I have been married for 10 years, although I accomplished this awesome feat with two different women (one gave me 7 years and the other 3). I am currently unmarried and contemplating, at 48, if I want to increase that stat. My oldest daughter just went off to college and the baby is still at home.

Watches are the only jewelry/accessory I wear... well I do wear a very modest earing in my left ear. I like the mechanical intricacies of watches and how they can add to a person's wardrobe... and I am utterly lost and disoriented if I don't have one on my wrist.

lperdido

No no not draw. Make full size models of the car by a design brief and a sketch :)

Even better! I studied Engineering drawing when I was contemplating being a Mechanical Engineer and the whole idea of conceptually bringing something to life from a blank piece of paper has always amazed me. But if I were doing what you do, they would call me "that guy that likes to draw cars". It's awesome what you do, enjoy.

BentleySharp

Really love my Job !!!

THIS is a cool job.

Nice... What is the Lam... never mind I'll Google it! I wish I could draw cars for a living too.

The reason you probably haven't heard of the Lamborghini Hurrican is because it's going to take over and be the evolution of the Lamborghini Gallardo (Which you have probably heard of).

...So Olly.

Since you designed the bonnet (or the hood) of the new Lambo Hurrican, that means that these aren't past claims to fame, but this is something recent, that you're actively still doing. Very cool indeed.

You said you worked with the Nissan GTR. I may be mistaken, but the Nissan GTR is a Sport/Racing evolution of the Nissan Skyline (known in the States as the Infiniti G35/G37).

I own an Infiniti G37-S (Sports Package). Just curious, are you responsible for the body styling on my car?

Olly

If I told you I would have to kill you :) quite simple as it is a part of my contract :lol:

Sorry mate.

DR3M3L

I'm a webdeveloper/designer, founder of Inspirad which provides a number of webbased systems like a CMS, ticket system, CRM, ERP and also a project management app.

:)

Olly

I did not design it. I followed the drawings to make a 1:18 scale model by hand which was then replicated and blown up into the realistic 1:1 scale. The GTR design was made a few years before it's official launch. It was never considered to attract the public eye ans the older skyline was considered the best design for the GTR series.

DR3M3L

Oh ans creator of the Dstraps website :D

Olly

Even better! I studied Engineering drawing when I was contemplating being a Mechanical Engineer and the whole idea of conceptually bringing something to life from a blank piece of paper has always amazed me. But if I were doing what you do, they would call me "that guy that likes to draw cars". It's awesome what you do, enjoy.

Cheers mate :) I think so too !!

simonbolivar

IT Executive and Business Strategist, helping companies get value out of their enterprise software investments. I do a fair amount of global travel for work, so if you live near a major city, chances are that I've been there.

On the evenings and weekends, I'm a husband, dad to three teenagers, football coach, and degenerate watch collector.

dasselin

I am retired.

Live in the back of beyond with 'er indoors and 2 cats (Maine Coon and Bengal).

Spend my days dreaming of watches to buy.

I sell books (collectible / rare) on Amazon.

I think the world is going to ratshit with all the religious fundamentalism and political

correctness, so I'm glad I'm not a 'youngster' anymore.

Rant over.

I'm just a real grumpy old man (57 later this month).

:giggle:

Ditto

Aren

I fight the good fight against amazon.com every day....

You work at Walmart?

BentleySharp

I did not design it. I followed the drawings to make a 1:18 scale model by hand which was then replicated and blown up into the realistic 1:1 scale. The GTR design was made a few years before it's official launch. It was never considered to attract the public eye ans the older skyline was considered the best design for the GTR series.

In my opinion, It was the 2000 - 2001 redesign of the skyline (and introduction of the Infiniti G series in the States) that was the most radical and also the most pleasing to the eye. It was this complete stylistic makeover and aggressive rebranding campaign that made a new name for Infiniti in the States and put the G35 (and later the G37) as a direct competitor to BMW's 3 series, Audi's TT and A4, and the Mercedes-Benz C Class. Then, the design only became more attractive as it was refined in the following years.

This is the Nissan Skyline GT-R BEFORE the 2000 - 2001 redesign...Not a bad looking car for it's time, but...

36343F3F-91CD-4CD1-8C20-162E2B9B596A_1.jpg

Here it is after the redesign...

gtr_010.jpg

So whatever y'all are doing out there, keep up the good work ;)